S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Am I doing something wrong? 2014 S4 needs a new home

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I doing something wrong? 2014 S4 needs a new home

You may or may not have seen my classified ad over the last few months, so I apologize in advance but I need some feedback.

Back in October I ordered an S4 (Had a '10) and from the time I ordered it until delivery my wife and I got pregnant (due any day []) The car is too small for what I need, she has an A6 and the baby seat was even tight in there. Long and short after a month or so of driving the car I realize it wasn't the right fit with a little one on the way. I posted an ad on audiworld, audizine, craigslist and swapalease. Within a week I had a guy willing to takeover the lease. As we submitted the paperwork to Audi FS I ended up finding a steal on a '14 550xi which I locked in. Of course this gentleman was denied by Audi and I ended up getting stuck with two cars (still the case). I know I probably shouldn't have got the 550 until the S4 was gone, but hindsight is 20/20. I've now had the S4 sitting in my garage for almost 9 weeks collecting dust. I don't want to drive in God forbid something happens and I'll never get rid of it. Long and short what the heck am I doing wrong. I did a swapalease on my old BMW and I had a buyer in 2 weeks, car transfered in another 7 days. I optioned the S4 pretty uniquely and it has the Black Optics which is now longer available. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone in the market for a new S4? I'll put a few pictures below. My base lease payment is $645 (msrp $59k)

Thank you!
Attached Images    
Old 06-05-2014, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

I have no trouble at all with the baby seat in my S4. We have to move the front seat up a bit when it's in the car, but the same is true with my wife's 2001 allroad which has a huge back seat. I can fit the stroller, diaper bag, and still put a bunch of other crap in the trunk.

Keep your S4.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

See if an Audi dealer or CarMax will buy it. You will likely take a hit financially (at a minimum losing all upfront cash and possibly worse depending on how much upfront cash) doing that but expect anyone interested in the car would also expect a fair discount vs. brand new from dealer. Are you asking for cash or just asking for someone to take over the lease?

You are already taking a hit making the lease payment on a car you aren't driving so I'd check out dealers / CarMax and at least see they you can make something reasonable work.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

If you need to unload the car quickly, try CarMax - reports seem to indicate they offer more than an Audi dealer. If you're not upside down and the offer is reasonable, they can buy out your lease.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:42 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Since you are asking I'll give my opinion.
1- 6-spd... while the enthusiast may prefer a 6-spd it is less popular than S-tronic. Just ask the dealer which they sell more of. (Which may be making it harder to sell.)

2- Price. It sounds like you are looking to benefit from this transaction (looking to recoup money and fees) whereas the buyer will likely want a significant discount because it is used...even if it is only a few hundred miles. They can still walk into a dealer and get a brand new car albeit without black optics, but wheels and grill are easily purchased. Not to mention Audi residual is poor compared to BMW making a BMW lease far more attractive/accessible to a swap.

Again, just my opinion...
Old 06-05-2014, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can also still find cars on the lot with black optics.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

not sure how this works but you might wanna look into something like this
http://www.swapalease.com/?gclid=Cjk...p4UE-uj_Hw_wcB
Old 06-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had my 2014 S4 on leasetrader from Jan through May . My lease was $667/month including 9% PA tax. NOT ONE BITE. I did have someone from AZ contact me about assuming the lease but VW/AUDIcredit makes it extrememly hard to have someone take over the lease. Process actually takes 5 weeks and the original leasee's name stays on the lease paperwork. At the end, I offered to pay $1600 to get the payment to be 599/month. Went to the dealer to see what they would give me to buy the car and their offer was $40K on a $47k payoff. I was going to get a quote from Carmax, but I found a really nice 2011 at a dealer 30 miles away. They gave me $46k for a trade in and dropped the price of used 2011. I ended up with a new (used S4) and finaced at 3.29 % for 6 yrs. Payment went down by $130/month.Worst case scenario, you can always drive the car to an urban area and leave the keys in the car. Just kidding! Or maybe not?
Old 06-05-2014, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

CarSense or CarMax can and will buy the car outright from Audi, doesn't matter if the lease is up or not. Every lease has a buyout number at any point in time. Call Audi and find out what the number is, then find out how much your car is worth online. If it's worth more than what is owed, go to CarSense or CarMax and see what they will give you for it. If they give you more than what is owed, they will pay off Audi and give you the difference. They handle all of the paperwork. I did this with my Q5 with 6 months left in the lease, worked great for me. Good luck!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sjuhawks19
CarSense or CarMax can and will buy the car outright from Audi, doesn't matter if the lease is up or not. Every lease has a buyout number at any point in time. Call Audi and find out what the number is, then find out how much your car is worth online. If it's worth more than what is owed, go to CarSense or CarMax and see what they will give you for it. If they give you more than what is owed, they will pay off Audi and give you the difference. They handle all of the paperwork. I did this with my Q5 with 6 months left in the lease, worked great for me. Good luck!
And if they will not give you what you owe (probable ) you may have to shell out some money to get rid of the car. You are wasting $645 each month on a car you are not using.

Quick Reply: Am I doing something wrong? 2014 S4 needs a new home