S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Any RS rumours out there?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any RS rumours out there?

...RS4/6???? Anyone seeing anything about getting some new RS's?
Old 12-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No rumors unless you want to start some here!
Old 12-05-2014, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
No rumors unless you want to start some here!
Actually, we should. That's a great idea! You leading it (since you have the posting credibility here)...we could all probably build a rocking car on this site, let the post go viral...maybe some gopro track shots, and maybe, just maybe, Audi might react to us for a change....

I like it!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bandersen
Actually, we should. That's a great idea! You leading it (since you have the posting credibility here)...we could all probably build a rocking car on this site, let the post go viral...maybe some gopro track shots, and maybe, just maybe, Audi might react to us for a change....

I like it!
An RS4 would indeed be nice...like they have in Yurrup.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default What a new RS4 should be

1st of all, Audi should realize the Audi 4 series is truly the benchmark for the brand. Yes, they have many models, however, the 4 series is the car that made/allowed Audi to evolve to what it is today, at least from a marketing point of view. It is the car that everyone looks to and is compared to. This my opinion, but I doubt too many will argue.

When we ultimately get a new RS4, it makes sense to me that it should have the twin turbo 4.0 V8. The RS3 will have I think in the 400HP range. The current 3.0 V6 supercharged engine seems to be easily tuned to 400-415HP range, so not enough HP. It would be more cost effective for Audi to use a current engine like the twin Turbo V8, VS developing a new twin turbo for the 3.0 V6. Consider what else is out in the market place, I would like the HP to be in the 500 range with at least 450+ foot pounds of torque. A lot of aluminum and hi tech steel for weight savings. A manual transmission is the only way to go here.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Drewalk
1st of all, Audi should realize the Audi 4 series is truly the benchmark for the brand. Yes, they have many models, however, the 4 series is the car that made/allowed Audi to evolve to what it is today, at least from a marketing point of view. It is the car that everyone looks to and is compared to. This my opinion, but I doubt too many will argue.

When we ultimately get a new RS4, it makes sense to me that it should have the twin turbo 4.0 V8. The RS3 will have I think in the 400HP range. The current 3.0 V6 supercharged engine seems to be easily tuned to 400-415HP range, so not enough HP. It would be more cost effective for Audi to use a current engine like the twin Turbo V8, VS developing a new twin turbo for the 3.0 V6. Consider what else is out in the market place, I would like the HP to be in the 500 range with at least 450+ foot pounds of torque. A lot of aluminum and hi tech steel for weight savings. A manual transmission is the only way to go here.
You can wish for whatever you want. BUT they way Audi is going, the 6MT is probably dead. None available in the RS5. And if Audi follows BMW, the V8 is probably not realistic for the future of any RS4
Old 12-08-2014, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You can wish for whatever you want. BUT they way Audi is going, the 6MT is probably dead. None available in the RS5. And if Audi follows BMW, the V8 is probably not realistic for the future of any RS4
I agree. TT is likely but V8 and MT almost definitely off the radar.

People compare the S4 to the 335... An RS4, you can bet will be benchmarked (and priced close to) the M3/M4 - and Audi knows this. They also don't want to offer a new RS4 that's slower than the previous one. I expect similar HP and more TQ, compliments of the twin turbo.

That's my take
Old 12-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeff33702
I agree. TT is likely but V8 and MT almost definitely off the radar.

People compare the S4 to the 335... An RS4, you can bet will be benchmarked (and priced close to) the M3/M4 - and Audi knows this. They also don't want to offer a new RS4 that's slower than the previous one. I expect similar HP and more TQ, compliments of the twin turbo.

That's my take
The real question is IF they make one, will Audi deem NA worthy of getting it. And will it be an Avant?
Old 12-08-2014, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The real question is IF they make one, will Audi deem NA worthy of getting it. And will it be an Avant?
Crossing my fingers!

I'm not sure if I could afford a new one or if Id need to wait to pick up a new one...BUT the possibility of the RS4 is a small part of why Im dragging my feet on an S4 purchase.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Banned

I wouldn't hold my breath!

Quick Reply: Any RS rumours out there?