S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi is not offering Fidelity Extended Warranty. Insted they offering AllState one.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi is not offering Fidelity Extended Warranty. Insted they offering AllState one.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the old topic – Extended Warranty for our cars.
The factory warranty on my car is about to expire next month. I have 47.5K on the car.
I’m thinking to purchase extended warranty through my Audi dealer here in Central NJ.
I just got off the phone with one of representative who said that they are not offering Fidelity extended warranty anymore. Instead Audi dealers are offering AllState warranty plans. I think it’s even better – AllState is a bigger company and is not likely to go out of business.
The best option is Premium 48m/48ml coverage and price is $5500 with $100 deductible. If car serviced at the original dealer who sold the coverage, the deductable is voided. They have a payment plan for 12 month.
However I’m not a big fan of extended warranty in general especially my car is moded which may void warranty all together. Long story sort. I would like to read your opinion on this. Should I purchase this warranty of just keep $5500 and if needed spend it for any future repairs?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-31-2015, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lenf
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the old topic – Extended Warranty for our cars.
The factory warranty on my car is about to expire next month. I have 47.5K on the car.
I’m thinking to purchase extended warranty through my Audi dealer here in Central NJ.
I just got off the phone with one of representative who said that they are not offering Fidelity extended warranty anymore. Instead Audi dealers are offering AllState warranty plans. I think it’s even better – AllState is a bigger company and is not likely to go out of business.
The best option is Premium 48m/48ml coverage and price is $5500 with $100 deductible. If car serviced at the original dealer who sold the coverage, the deductable is voided. They have a payment plan for 12 month.
However I’m not a big fan of extended warranty in general especially my car is moded which may void warranty all together. Long story sort. I would like to read your opinion on this. Should I purchase this warranty of just keep $5500 and if needed spend it for any future repairs?

Thanks in advance!
Ouch, $ 5500 is pretty steep. Like you said, since you are tuned, will the warranty cover your regardless? If not, then why bother, just bank it and roll the dice instead.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I bought the exact same Allstate warranty when I bought my car last month. 3 yr/36,000 mile Premier (which is an exclusionary policy) with a $200 deductible. The price was $3,500.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Considering your situation, I'd self-insure -- and I would increase my services by decreasing my service intervals.

You could, too, pay the cost associated with CPO-ing to get the inspection, but not the warranty -- could be some great preventative medicine.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Considering your situation, I'd self-insure -- and I would increase my services by decreasing my service intervals.

You could, too, pay the cost associated with CPO-ing to get the inspection, but not the warranty -- could be some great preventative medicine.
I may have misunderstood what CPO means because I thought it would extend the manufacturer's warranty until the CPO term expires. Also, how does one go about getting the car CPO'd? I've contacted multiple dealers and one told me that they can't CPO a car unless it's sold to the dealership first and the others wont even reply.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks guys for taking time to reply!!!
I made my decision not to buy extended warranty.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Since we are on this topic, where is the best place/best source to buy a cheaper but reliable extended warranty?