S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

B8 2013 S4 wheel spacer question??

Old 01-08-2014, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B8 2013 S4 wheel spacer question??

I'm new to the forum and sorry if this has been asked before. I have a 2013 S4 with a stock 19" wheel/tire/suspension set-up. No plans to change this. The tires are 255/35 R19. I would like a more aggressive fitment. Can I get some suggestions on wheel spacer sizes? I don't want anything extreme (wheels sticking past wheel wells, rubbing) but a nice wide fitment. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 15mm max ECS or H&R hubcentric spacers with longer bolts

I turned my stock 19x8.5" ET43 wheels into snow tires (same tire size) and I put the stock 19" summer tires on really aggressive offset/width summer wheels (19x9.5" ET40) and lowered my S4 1.5" all around.

The summer wheel offset/stance is PERFECT with no rubbing. It looks exactly the way I wanted. When I put my stock wheels back on in November for the winter season it looked horrible lowered as the wheels were tucked way inside the wheel wells.

Crappy iPhone pic after it was lowered with summer wheels:

15mm spacer plus stock 19" S4 wheel offset is nearly the same as my summer wheel offset (summer wheels stick out 1mm more).
ET43-15mm spacer = ET28 on stock wheel:
http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

I was going to order 15mm ECS spacers but they were out of stock so I ordered 12.5mm instead as I figured 2.5mm isn't huge compromise on looks and it would be better for the snow/salt/sand spraying up on the side of the car if the wheel was inside the fender a little more. In hindsight 15mm would have been way too aggressive combined with lowering for my winter/snow use.

15mm will certainly fit and be aggressive without sticking out too much or rubbing at stock right height. 15mm will fit lowered up to 1.5" but you will have remove a screw from the front fender liner to prevent rubbing that's all.

You will need 2 as they are sold in pairs 15mm kit:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-...Kit/ES2603081/

Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the info! I really do not want my wheels and tires to stick out past the wheel wells. At 15mm do you think this will be an issue? What are your thoughts on different widths infront for example 12.5 up front and 15 in back?
Old 01-24-2014, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Won't be an issue at 15mm. Go 10/15 if you want visible stagger.

12.5/15 won't be noticeable.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Correct the difference between a 12.5 and 15mm will be very minimal to others. You as the owner might notice it but others wont be able to tell very much.

The best way to understand which size spacer you need, is to simply measure from the top outside edge of your tire to the inner lip of your fender. This will give you the best idea on how much size you have to work with, and to decide on how much your wheels need spaced.

Once you know that let us know and I will be able to recommend which size will be the best fit for your application.

Here is a diagram that might help as well.

We have a complete line of spacers available specifically for your vehicle below.

Click HERE to order or for more information

Jason
Old 01-14-2017, 11:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default As shown with AvantGarde Wheels

Hi Jenner, I

I'm thinking about adding those exact 19in AvantGarde Wheels that at 19x9.5. I will not be lowering the suspension. As shown in your photo, are you using spacers with those ET40 wheels? They look great. Do you have anymore photos to share?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Jenner
I turned my stock 19x8.5" ET43 wheels into snow tires (same tire size) and I put the stock 19" summer tires on really aggressive offset/width summer wheels (19x9.5" ET40) and lowered my S4 1.5" all around.

The summer wheel offset/stance is PERFECT with no rubbing. It looks exactly the way I wanted. When I put my stock wheels back on in November for the winter season it looked horrible lowered as the wheels were tucked way inside the wheel wells.

Crappy iPhone pic after it was lowered with summer wheels:

15mm spacer plus stock 19" S4 wheel offset is nearly the same as my summer wheel offset (summer wheels stick out 1mm more).
ET43-15mm spacer = ET28 on stock wheel:
Wheel Offset Calculator | 1010Tires.com Discount Online Tire and Wheel Store

I was going to order 15mm ECS spacers but they were out of stock so I ordered 12.5mm instead as I figured 2.5mm isn't huge compromise on looks and it would be better for the snow/salt/sand spraying up on the side of the car if the wheel was inside the fender a little more. In hindsight 15mm would have been way too aggressive combined with lowering for my winter/snow use.

15mm will certainly fit and be aggressive without sticking out too much or rubbing at stock right height. 15mm will fit lowered up to 1.5" but you will have remove a screw from the front fender liner to prevent rubbing that's all.

You will need 2 as they are sold in pairs 15mm kit:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_S4-...Kit/ES2603081/

Hope this helps.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ziobello
I'm thinking about adding those exact 19in AvantGarde Wheels that at 19x9.5. I will not be lowering the suspension. As shown in your photo, are you using spacers with those ET40 wheels? They look great. Do you have anymore photos to share?
No spacers with the ET40 19x9.5s. I will warn you it may look funny with stock ride height, but you can always address that after.

I no longer have my S4 but here are some pictures if they help:

And some pictures of the Targa 4S just for "fun"

Old 01-21-2017, 08:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Great Photos!

Thank you for posting those Jenner! Great photos!

Did you ever have any issues with the rims? Bending over potholes? Finish? Keeping them clean?

I'm in the Chicagoland area.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ziobello
Did you ever have any issues with the rims? Bending over potholes? Finish? Keeping them clean?
Thanks.

No issues with potholes(and we have plenty in CT. I was pretty surprised given a few hits they took.

The machined finish on the face held up great, but the paint in between the spokes and the barrel got really dinged up from rocks and sand. I used my stock wheels as so tires so these only saw fair weather, but something about the design of them causes them to catch rocks. After driving in the rain the area in the barrel in between the spokes would always have rocks/sand resting in it.

You could only notice this @ closer than 5ft and I had the wheels for 2-3 years and when through 1.5 sets of tires on them (I drive hard). The needed refinishing, but given how cheap these wheels are it would have been only a few more $ to just replace them with brand new wheels vs getting them refinished. Maybe Ceramic Pro's wheel formula would protect the finish but again is it worth spending that on a $300 wheel? For the price I think they performed awesome. Also they are a few lbs lighter than the stock 19" peeler even though they are 1" wider.

HTH!