S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

From B8 to B8.5

Old 06-14-2014, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From B8 to B8.5

hello S4 fans, this is my first post.

I just switched 2 weeks ago from a 2010 6MT base S4 (end of lease) to a 2014 Technik with S-Tronic and Sport Diff.

Needless to say my 2010 car had set the bar pretty high for other contenders and after considering many options on the market and same price range, I thought the S4 still had the most to offer (looks, finish, mechanics, winter-friendly)

The big question was if I had to pick the S-Tronic over 6MT, having always been a fan of manual transmissions. But after having read a lot on double-clutch systems in the past few years, and the enthusiasm that they had generated, I was confused about which one to choose.

After 2 weeks of driving I can tell the S-Tronic is very impressive and versatile. But I couldn't say which one I prefer, so far.

What I can say is that the S4 is a very cool car anyways.

Here are some pics
Attached Images   
Old 06-14-2014, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great, congrats!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Beautiful! Congrats!!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Beautiful

I did not have the guts to order the red inserts for the seats as I had not seen them in person. Yours look great.

Best
Old 06-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got them on my latest S4 have to say that they don't look as bright as the picture seems to show. I like them though. Best thing is the red stitching on the other leather parts.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll second that entirely. In person, it is more of a deeper red and not a bright red. And the contrast red stitching on the steering wheel, shifter boot, arm rest and around the black part of the seats is very cool looking.

Originally Posted by DrGP
Got them on my latest S4 have to say that they don't look as bright as the picture seems to show. I like them though. Best thing is the red stitching on the other leather parts.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

For those considering it in the future, this is the most accurate picture I have been able to take that shows off the color of the red/black seats:

Name:  027_zps7b5e15ff.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  77.9 KB
Old 06-15-2014, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill
I did not have the guts to order the red inserts for the seats as I had not seen them in person. Yours look great.

Best

Can't blame you, I was hesitating a lot before ordering it. I wanted something new and like the other guys said, the pic I posted makes the red leather look way brighter than it is.

Plus, the tone will look a notch darker after I'll have the windows tinted which I chose not to do at the dealer before delivery.

thanks for the comments
Old 06-16-2014, 05:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carguyrob
For those considering it in the future, this is the most accurate picture I have been able to take that shows off the color of the red/black seats:

That is definitely closer. But you really need to see it in person to appreciate it. Lighting has a big influence as to how it appears.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by QuattroNorth
Can't blame you, I was hesitating a lot before ordering it. I wanted something new and like the other guys said, the pic I posted makes the red leather look way brighter than it is.

Plus, the tone will look a notch darker after I'll have the windows tinted which I chose not to do at the dealer before delivery.

thanks for the comments
Window tinting can cause leaks and are not covered under warranty. Such Leaks may also cause electrical problems and speaker problems...also not covered.

No window tint for me.

best

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: From B8 to B8.5