Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 208754

Default B8 S4 maintenance cost

I've tried to find info on B8 S4 maintenance costs to no avail. I'm trying to figure out if there are any strange or exotic maintenance items on the car that will be real shockers when they come due.

I know when I was looking at a new GTR I bailed after finding out tranny fluid changes are $1100 and a brake job is $8000. I know an S4 isn't in the same league but I still just wanna double check.

I'm guessing an oil change is around $100, brake job is like $2000 if your getting raped, and other fluids like tranny and diff are 150 or so a pop?

Thanks for any info guys!
ZeroFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 178049

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFear View Post
I've tried to find info on B8 S4 maintenance costs to no avail. I'm trying to figure out if there are any strange or exotic maintenance items on the car that will be real shockers when they come due.

I know when I was looking at a new GTR I bailed after finding out tranny fluid changes are $1100 and a brake job is $8000. I know an S4 isn't in the same league but I still just wanna double check.

I'm guessing an oil change is around $100, brake job is like $2000 if your getting raped, and other fluids like tranny and diff are 150 or so a pop?

Thanks for any info guys!
Maintenance costs on the B8 S4 are not anything like the charges you are quoting on the GTR (Godzilla is the nickname for that car right?). Those sound like Godzilla maintenance costs too.

My dealership charges $105 for an oil change.

I had 4 tires mounted and balanced for $90.

The tranny service is due at 35,000 miles (DSG) and I think I will be the first to do one on this forum...in the next 4 weeks. I hear the cost is around $350...but not sure of that...I know for a fact it's nowhere close to $1100. Same w/ brakes...nowhere close to the $8000 on the GTR. I guessing that is for the ceramic brakes. The Audi uses normal steel rotors...typical German service costs for a brake job also. Nothing scary.

AudiCare covers you for all the maintenance and it's runs around $800. If you like to get your car serviced at the dealership then it's a fantastic deal...especially if you have a DSG transmission.

VAG COM = VIM, Lap Timer/Oil Temp, Efficiency Program, Disabled winking DRL's, Hidden menu/battery gauge, 100% brightness on DRL while headlights are on, Ambient Lighting.

APR Tune-Stock, 91, 93 & 100 Oct, Alu Kreuz, 6,000K HID Fogs & headlights, under seat storage, LED int/ext lighting, supercharged badges, StopTech BBK, APR RSC & Carbonio Stage 2.

2013 Ford Flex Limited Ecoboost
2013 MB SLK 250
1998 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 6SP

2010 Audi S4

2009 Ford Expedition EL
redrocker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2007, a4, audi, audiworld, b8, change, cost, costs, difference, exterior, forum, line, maintenance, oil, s4