S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

B8 S4 Stasis vs APR

Old 05-29-2013, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B8 S4 Stasis vs APR

Hey all,
I have a 2011 S4 Prestige package and am in the market for upgrading my engine. I want to consider APR and Stasis. I know about both packages very well and have done my research, I was just wondering if any of you have either tune and am willing to share thoughts and input.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the stasis package.... From what I gathered, the chip
upgrade is actually from APR but branded as Stasis... Could
be wrong though... Either way its fast and still under full
warrant from Audi and Stasis...
Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

I have the old Stasis v1 B8 S4 ECU tune, that was done by APR. Any new Stasis ECU tunes are based on Revo.

APR & GIAC have a Stage 1 & a stage 2 pullley tune. Stasis does not have a stage 2 ECU tune.

GIAC is the only B8 S4 tuner with a DSG tune & compatible ECU tune.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agree with M444. However, all of these tunes nullify the Audi drivetrain warranty, even the Stasis tunes.
Originally Posted by m444
I have the old Stasis v1 B8 S4 ECU tune, that was done by APR. Any new Stasis ECU tunes are based on Revo.

APR & GIAC have a Stage 1 & a stage 2 pullley tune. Stasis does not have a stage 2 ECU tune.

GIAC is the only B8 S4 tuner with a DSG tune & compatible ECU tune.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JRawk33
Hey all,
I have a 2011 S4 Prestige package and am in the market for upgrading my engine. I want to consider APR and Stasis. I know about both packages very well and have done my research, I was just wondering if any of you have either tune and am willing to share thoughts and input.
I drive the same car, and I have the STaSIS v2.0 tune. I previously had the v1.0 tune, but had it updated for FREE when the new tune came out (n/c for the update, but did have to pay labor and shipping for the ECU to go to/from STaSIS).

Stock tune runs 13.0-13.2 @ 105-ish.
v1.0 netted me 12.79 @ 109+.
My v2.0 best run is 12.47 @ 110+.

The bigger difference, though is the low-rpm punch provided by the v2.0 tune - the car is silly-quick now, whereas before it just felt fast.

APR certainly offers a path to even better performance if you go v2 and their pulley upgrade - 12.1-12.2 @ 113-115 on pump gas - but they don't provide any warranty.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRawk33
Hey all,
I've got a 2012 Prestige w/6MT..and did an APR after about 10k miles...also did the supercharger pulley and the AWE exhaust...WOW! Can't speak about Statis, but WOW. Clutch did wear some initially - could smell it after some hard freeway runs/on ramps/downshifts...but that was only in the first month. Next piece I will look at is a short shift, and when I need brakes (and before winter and the squeal set in)will get ceramic pads and better rotors...
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bandersen
I've got a 2012 Prestige w/6MT..and did an APR after about 10k miles...also did the supercharger pulley and the AWE exhaust...WOW! Can't speak about Statis, but WOW. Clutch did wear some initially - could smell it after some hard freeway runs/on ramps/downshifts...but that was only in the first month. Next piece I will look at is a short shift, and when I need brakes (and before winter and the squeal set in)will get ceramic pads and better rotors...
Interesting...

Do you think you just weren't use to the revs climbing as fast and that might have been the cause of the clutch burning? Because of your shifts and rev-matching was off? But your clutch is all good now, right?

And you owe it to yourself to get the Eurocode short shifter. Trust me, you will be amazed at how much better it feels than stock. PM me if you ever have any questions about what settings (throw, height, etc.) to set it to.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brooklyn86
Interesting...

Do you think you just weren't use to the revs climbing as fast and that might have been the cause of the clutch burning? Because of your shifts and rev-matching was off? But your clutch is all good now, right?

And you owe it to yourself to get the Eurocode short shifter. Trust me, you will be amazed at how much better it feels than stock. PM me if you ever have any questions about what settings (throw, height, etc.) to set it to.
It could have easily been user error...I'm not a trained 'track guy'/haven't tracked this car....but...I'm generally pretty decent at watching the revs..who knows. Either way, the smell was a 1-2 month thing.
There is no need for me to use Dynamic mode at all..the car is now naturally there...thanks for the info on the short shifter...that may be next year's project/budget....
Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bandersen
It could have easily been user error...I'm not a trained 'track guy'/haven't tracked this car....but...I'm generally pretty decent at watching the revs..who knows. Either way, the smell was a 1-2 month thing.
There is no need for me to use Dynamic mode at all..the car is now naturally there...thanks for the info on the short shifter...that may be next year's project/budget....
Man I'm still tossing the idea around and congrats on your upgrades. I'm just so worried about installers, other than those at APR HQs, doing the pulley work for some reason. Anyway, are you saying there's no difference you can tell between Auto and Dynamic?
Old 06-14-2013, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Foogie
Man I'm still tossing the idea around and congrats on your upgrades. I'm just so worried about installers, other than those at APR HQs, doing the pulley work for some reason. Anyway, are you saying there's no difference you can tell between Auto and Dynamic?
To be honest, I actually feel I can perform smoother shifts in dynamic than in auto.

Reason being that in dynamic, the throttle response is more consistent, in addition to it being more responsive. After a while, it becomes second nature because the car is performing the same each and every time.

With auto, because it 'dampens' (so to speak) the throttle response, you may get a different feeling each time. Least that is the way I feel.

After a while, though, you start to learn all the different personalities of the car and can drive smoothly under any mode.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B8 S4 Stasis vs APR