S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Bang and Olufsen (B&O) Subwoofer / Amplifier Add-On DIY

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 04:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice install! Stinks that you had to tap the fuse box up front tho.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Noob question - does the stock amp power the whole system? Or just the factory sub on the rear deck?
Old 11-12-2015, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by westwest888
Noob question - does the stock amp power the whole system? Or just the factory sub on the rear deck?
The whole system
Old 11-13-2015, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks for the info

So this has brought up 3 questions for me...

I noticed that tuberosity had issues with rear deck flexing, is this an issue that everyone is having? Initially I just want a but more base, I listen to linkin park kind of music... Not real pronounced bass like hip/hop.

Will a sub-swap have this problem? Moreso, will it improve the lower end of my music?

What does GALA do?
Old 11-13-2015, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Originally Posted by Waaazooo
So this has brought up 3 questions for me...

I noticed that tuberosity had issues with rear deck flexing, is this an issue that everyone is having? Initially I just want a but more base, I listen to linkin park kind of music... Not real pronounced bass like hip/hop.

Will a sub-swap have this problem? Moreso, will it improve the lower end of my music?

What does GALA do?
I applied some dynamat to the rear desk metal when I installed the sub which went a long way towards curing rattles.

The sub upgrade will give you a little more bass volume, but the main difference is that the old sub rolled off very sharply at 50hz and the new sub (at least the pioneer sub I have) keeps the bass volume up until 28hz which really fills in the bottom end. If you are looking for boom booms then you'll need an amplifier.

GALA adjusts the music to compensate for road noise and speed etc.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle
I applied some dynamat to the rear desk metal when I installed the sub which went a long way towards curing rattles.

The sub upgrade will give you a little more bass volume, but the main difference is that the old sub rolled off very sharply at 50hz and the new sub (at least the pioneer sub I have) keeps the bass volume up until 28hz which really fills in the bottom end. If you are looking for boom booms then you'll need an amplifier.

GALA adjusts the music to compensate for road noise and speed etc.
Thanks. I'm off to bestbuy
Old 01-22-2017, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Has anyone measured the frequency response of the subwoofer amp?

I'm asking because want to install an aftermarket amp and hook up the car stock subwoofer amp output to the speaker level input on the new amp. That will not work though if there is a high pass filter / HPF installed.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Originally Posted by mathiasb
Has anyone measured the frequency response of the subwoofer amp?

I'm asking because want to install an aftermarket amp and hook up the car stock subwoofer amp output to the speaker level input on the new amp. That will not work though if there is a high pass filter / HPF installed.
Yes, it outputs all the way down to 20Hz.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello, i want to add aftermarket amp and sub. I have soundstreem RFM700.1D amplifier and JL audio 10w0v3. I have installed this in my old car, played music for 4 months. Now i want to bring this to my new Audi.
My Audi have B&O system.I need to know wich wires are going before stock amplifier and how to connect to them. My amp have HI-LEVEL input so i dont need any converter HI to LOW. So can i connect my Hi-Level input to connect with White and Yellow (positive) and Blue and Yellow (negative) like you did with LOC converter and it will do the job? You guys have done this upgrade can you help me please. Thank you have a nice day
Old 02-15-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Yes you can connect the blue and yellow wires that fed the old subwoofer directly to the high level input on your amp and then adjust the volume to your liking. You shouldn't need any additional converters.

I'm not sure that the subwoofer signal is accessible anywhere at preamp levels as the subwoofer amp isn't separate from the main amp.

Quick Reply: Bang and Olufsen (B&O) Subwoofer / Amplifier Add-On DIY