S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Big Advantage To Leasing An S4 Before The End Of The Year

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Advantage To Leasing An S4 Before The End Of The Year

Thinking seriously of leasing a new S4 for when my current (non Audi) lease expires the end of March. Particularly since I want a manual I'm thinking I would have to build and not be able to expect to go shopping for a car just before lease end and get the car I want, which means probably having to order early in the new year.

But my dealer says end of the year incentives would mean large savings to take a car before the end of the year (if I can find one I want), even justifying holding my current car and making its payments till the lease end. That if I build I am only going to get current incentives at the time the car is delivered, and no way to know what those will be in advance.

Thanks for thoughts from anyone who has faced similar decisions
Old 11-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The big advantage would be you MIGHT actually be able to find one with a MT. There has been talk on the forums that Audi is no longer building 6MTs and dealers are not ordering cars at this time. BTW, what are you driving now and what is the buy out? If it is anywhere near the wholesale value of the car, you might just be able to trade it in or take it to CarMax and have them buy it.

Last edited by DrGP; 11-28-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
The big advantage would be you MIGHT actually be able to find one with a MT. There has been talk on the forums that Audi is no longer building 6MTs and dealers are not ordering cars at this time. BTW, what are you driving now and what is the buy out? If it is anywhere near the wholesale value of the car, you might just be able to trade it in or take it to CarMax and have them buy it.

Oh. Had heard the 2017's would no longer offer MT's. Thought I'd still be able to order one for a 2016. Driving a BMW 328 xi now, with an automatic. And miss having a MT. Not being able to get a MT would probably drive me back to BMW. Or maybe to a recent used S4 with an MT. Not sure of the buyout, but worth checking in to.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Try lease swap

Originally Posted by suntint
Thinking seriously of leasing a new S4 for when my current (non Audi) lease expires the end of March. Particularly since I want a manual I'm thinking I would have to build and not be able to expect to go shopping for a car just before lease end and get the car I want, which means probably having to order early in the new year.

But my dealer says end of the year incentives would mean large savings to take a car before the end of the year (if I can find one I want), even justifying holding my current car and making its payments till the lease end. That if I build I am only going to get current incentives at the time the car is delivered, and no way to know what those will be in advance.

Thanks for thoughts from anyone who has faced similar decisions
You can try a lease swap with a 6mt on stock.
You may get a nice discount, Season of Audi, plus Audi care.
I got a nice lease package on a 2016 6mt a week ago; check my thread.
Go for the 2016, S4 6mt. Is a classic beauty with big performance
Old 11-29-2015, 09:10 AM
Banned

It does suck that the 2017 will not only not have a 6MT, but will not have the DSG manumatic trans either.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:20 AM
Banned

Went on Autotrader.com. Searched for any distance and found 79 2016 Audi s4s with 6MTs in the entire country. Less than 2/state. So if you really want one, You would be best served to get one while you can. If you call a dealer about ordering, just be advised that Sales associates are NOT the best source of info about ordering and availability. Perhaps you can order one? OR find one that is inbound to USA that can be obtained by a local dealer.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Went on Autotrader.com. Searched for any distance and found 79 2016 Audi s4s with 6MTs in the entire country. Less than 2/state. So if you really want one, You would be best served to get one while you can. If you call a dealer about ordering, just be advised that Sales associates are NOT the best source of info about ordering and availability. Perhaps you can order one? OR find one that is inbound to USA that can be obtained by a local dealer.
Point well taken that there will not be many of these vehicles available - though there are a few. Though they are not necessarily close to me. Audi's build configurator still shows it possible to build one with a 6MT, though I haven't sat down with a dealer yet to discuss doing that.

Is there a website where I can check inbounds - or can that only be accessed by a dealer?

The other option I'm not opposed to would be a recent low mileage CPO, which I would lease. Any thoughts on doing so?
Old 12-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Banned

I suggest making contact with a dealer.They will have the recources to know what is in the system and what can and can't be ordered(If you find one that actually knows his stuff). Dont trust waht a Sales associate tells you as being the final word though. Leassing a used car almost never makes sense financially. Lease New /Buy used is the common wisdom.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default strangely 2017 A4 will have DSC tranny, and it is only one available

It does suck that the 2017 will not only not have a 6MT, but will not have the DSG manumatic trans either.
. What gives, if DSC is not reliable why does 2017 A4 have it?
Old 12-08-2015, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default A4 only makes 255 hp

Originally Posted by jyges
. What gives, if DSC is not reliable why does 2017 A4 have it?
DSG is OK transmission. Should not be stressed that much in the A4 which comes at 255 hp and 270 lbxft torque.
I expect good reliability