S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Bluetooth Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Streaming

I just purchased a 2012 S4 which unfortunately does not support/allow media streaming via bluetooth. The car has MMI and at this point I think I will most likely buy an SD card to load all of my music on. I wanted to ask the question on here however what everyone's experiences are with using a tune2air or A2DP adapter as a workaround.

A few important things:
I want to be able to see the song titles on the dash
I want to be able to control the songs/tracks from the steering wheel
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (not an iphone)

I am pretty amazed this functionality is not standard...but whatever.

To those already using SD cards is it a mini SD card? Is there a capacity limit or could I use a 100gb card without issue? Is the supported format the standard FAT32?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Tune2Air works for me with a 2012 A5 3G MMI and an iPhone 5 (ios 8.3). I do experience skipping though, which I understand doesn't happen with Android phones.

Bluetooth Audio via MMI/AMI *Finally Possible* - Page 21 - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
Old 05-03-2015, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the input. I have not been able to find any posts or information regarding the Tune2air working on an Android phone which is why I mentioned the phone I had. If it does in fact work for Android (based on your comment it sounds like it must) that would probably be the route I go in the long run.

Do you have the ability to test an Android phone in your car with Tune2air for confirmation?
Old 05-03-2015, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Nevermind looks like it is supported per their website just not with playlists. That is not a big deal for me so I think I will end up going that route.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by brk9422
Nevermind looks like it is supported per their website just not with playlists. That is not a big deal for me so I think I will end up going that route.

Thanks
I just upgraded to a 2015. I have a tune to air from my old q5 which I no longer need. PM me if you'd like it for free.

Erik
Old 05-03-2015, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by erik.wahlstrom
I just upgraded to a 2015. I have a tune to air from my old q5 which I no longer need. PM me if you'd like it for free.

Erik

Wow that is awesome! Thank you so much for the offer.

(Done)
Old 05-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Good thread.

I just got a 2012 and knew it didn't stream Bluetooth before I bought, so no fair bitching.

But it's a real puzzle why Audi didn't get to that until 2013 given all of the cheaper cars which can handle Bluetooth.

I am OK using the cable in the glove box, perhaps with a LONG extension that will reach to the center arm rest.

I am curious about the sd card function. (I haven't read the manual in the 12 hours I've owned the car while awake.)

So.... Can I somehow put a playlist from my iTunes library on the SD card, and load the songs into the car? If so, I kike that even better than streaming from the phone.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Emwonk
I just got a 2012 and knew it didn't stream Bluetooth before I bought, so no fair bitching.

But it's a real puzzle why Audi didn't get to that until 2013 given all of the cheaper cars which can handle Bluetooth.

I am OK using the cable in the glove box, perhaps with a LONG extension that will reach to the center arm rest.

I am curious about the sd card function. (I haven't read the manual in the 12 hours I've owned the car while awake.)

So.... Can I somehow put a playlist from my iTunes library on the SD card, and load the songs into the car? If so, I kike that even better than streaming from the phone.
Yes , and you can play them either directly from the SD card or download them from the SD card into the JUKEBOX and play them without the card. Much more storage capacity with the Jukebox. But also consider getting a Tune2air and stream via Bluetooth from your phone.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2012 aftermarket Bluetooth solutions

Originally Posted by brk9422
I just purchased a 2012 S4 which unfortunately does not support/allow media streaming via bluetooth. The car has MMI and at this point I think I will most likely buy an SD card to load all of my music on. I wanted to ask the question on here however what everyone's experiences are with using a tune2air or A2DP adapter as a workaround.

A few important things:
I want to be able to see the song titles on the dash
I want to be able to control the songs/tracks from the steering wheel
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (not an iphone)

I am pretty amazed this functionality is not standard...but whatever.

To those already using SD cards is it a mini SD card? Is there a capacity limit or could I use a 100gb card without issue? Is the supported format the standard FAT32?

Thanks in advance
Hi, I just got an A4 2012 used, and was amazed too, it didn't have BT capability. I didn't get it from an Audi dealer, they said it had BT. What aftermarket system(s) work to make it BT? Want to be able to stream audio from my Android, as well. Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lynne Reece
Hi, I just got an A4 2012 used, and was amazed too, it didn't have BT capability. I didn't get it from an Audi dealer, they said it had BT. What aftermarket system(s) work to make it BT? Want to be able to stream audio from my Android, as well. Thanks in advance!!
tune2air will do it.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Streaming