S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Cell Phone Mount Holder Cradle Thing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell Phone Mount Holder Cradle Thing...

I'm looking for recommendations for some type of cell phone (iPhone 5 currently) mount holder cradle thing... I have navigation, but I'd like to use Waze sometimes also. I'm looking for a clean, solid mount that is quick and easy to place/remove. (The mount can be permanent... I want the phone easily removable). Pictures or links appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by motorsport_mike; 06-09-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motorsport_mike
I'm looking for recommendations for some type of cell phone (iPhone 5 currently) mount holder cradle thing... I have navigation, but I'd like to use Waze sometimes also. I'm looking for a clean, solid mount that is quick and easy to place/remove. (The mount can be permanent... I want the phone easily removable). Pictures or links appreciated! Thanks.
Interested to find out the answer as well. I just started using Waze and also want to download YaV1 for my RD, but used to plugging phone into glovebox. What sucks is you can't listen to music off of I-phone through MMI unless it is connected that way. Right now when I want to use Waze, I've been plugging phone into lighter and laying phone sideways below temp control *****.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Kenu Airframe, I love it. It mounts on a vent and holds the phone very securely and is easy to get in and out. Simple design but really great.

Amazon.com: Kenu Airframe - Portable Smartphone Car Mount - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Kenu Airframe - Portable Smartphone Car Mount - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 06-10-2015, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sjuhawks19
I have a Kenu Airframe, I love it. It mounts on a vent and holds the phone very securely and is easy to get in and out. Simple design but really great.

Amazon.com: Kenu Airframe - Portable Smartphone Car Mount - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
That looks like a good solution, might have to get one of those.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmmm.... That Airframe mount looks pretty good. I'm also considering this vent mounted magnet / ball setup... Anyone used one of these?

https://www.niteize.com/product/Steelie-Vent-Mount-Kit.asp

Last edited by motorsport_mike; 06-10-2015 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Messy link
Old 06-10-2015, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by motorsport_mike
Hmmm.... That Airframe mount looks pretty good. I'm also considering this vent mounted magnet / ball setup... Anyone used one of these?

https://www.niteize.com/product/Stee...-Mount-Kit.asp
I just ordered the Airframe, will keep you posted once i get it.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by togatown
I just ordered the Airframe, will keep you posted once i get it.
i have been using an airframe for about a year, works great. My only complaint i have on it now, is i have it so i pull to the left to release, and mounted in the right vent, so the rubber wheels on my vents are getting nicked up from the sliding back and forth.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iNfiNkC
i have been using an airframe for about a year, works great. My only complaint i have on it now, is i have it so i pull to the left to release, and mounted in the right vent, so the rubber wheels on my vents are getting nicked up from the sliding back and forth.
Just got mine today and stuck it in my Honda to try it, and I have to say, it's pretty slick. But I was wondering the same thing, if it would scar up the vents in the Audi.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Check out kudausa.com. I've got their A4 mount (or "base") which is high quality leather and looks like it was fit stock at the factory. I added one of their powered iPhone holders (or "cradle") and ran the cord between the carpet and the center console back to the 12V outlet under the center armrest. The cord is 100% hidden. I can place my iPhone into or out of the holder one handed and it's always powered so I can run Waze for hours long trips without running down its battery. For me, this is a no-brainer for the A4/S4.

Last edited by hinckley; 06-15-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I use a suction cup mount for my Moto X mounted horizontally at the top of the windshield to the right of the rear view mirror. (Same orientation as the mirror). Easily accessibly and out of my field of vision. Works great.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Mount Holder Cradle Thing...