S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Cell Phone Mount Holder Cradle Thing...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by arn560
I don't want anything that mounts to my airvents!
If your phone is heavy or has a curved back and you're a spirited driver (and who among us isn't) check out this one:
Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories
Old 11-05-2015, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

recently got one from Canadian Tire.$13 + ,,, **** quality broke the second day.
Hope to get a refund.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evan's Santorin S4
If your phone is heavy or has a curved back and you're a spirited driver (and who among us isn't) check out this one: Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories
I move mine between cars when running Waze, tried the Kenu but found it to be too unstable on the vents and also didn't like hot/cold temp directed to back of phone.
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2015, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Blue Garuda

Blue Garuda magnetic mount works great with iPhone 6 plus. I use the leather Apple case and stuck the metal piece inside the case prior to putting case on the phone. Found it on Amazon. Very clean design that doesnt scratch plastic vents. Everyone that sees it wants one. Bought several for Wife and friends
Old 11-19-2015, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still not sold on the idea of mounting anything to my air vents. Using the CD slot is an even worse idea in my book!
Old 05-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Magnetic cell phone mount for Audi A3/S3/RS3 2014-2016

Originally Posted by motorsport_mike
I'm looking for recommendations for some type of cell phone (iPhone 5 currently) mount holder cradle thing... I have navigation, but I'd like to use Waze sometimes also. I'm looking for a clean, solid mount that is quick and easy to place/remove. (The mount can be permanent... I want the phone easily removable). Pictures or links appreciated! Thanks.
For those who own the latest generation (8V) Audi A3/S3/RS3 I found an awesome magnetic cell phone mount that works amazing for Waze and other navigation apps. Here is the link: Audi A3 S3 RS3 Cellphone Magnetic Vent Mount Audi A3 8V 2014 2015 2016 | eBay
Old 05-07-2016, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazon.com: WizGear Universal Stick On Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-snap Technology: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: WizGear Universal Stick On Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-snap Technology: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got this but have not mounted it yet.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Proclip. Gives you a factory look and very easy to install.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

WizGear vent mount. WizGear vent mount.
Provides pretty well perfect portability and price ... providing a few things.

In my experience, it can plop under extreme conditions of phone and pressure...like if the phone is heavy/big, and phone case magnet attachment/placement chosen isn't good (near center of phone/balance...see picture. Maybe I should have moved a bit closer to center), and/or it can't hold well on grille vents which may not be a good match to the grippers. It may plop under high shock/G force conditions, like hitting a pothole hard or an 11 sec. quarter mile launch. Under normal conditions it is fine.

It works well enough on my S4 and LG L33L mid size phone. The provided metal plate is glued under the cover near center point. I liked it enough to buy two more mounts for other cars so (though easy) I don't have to remember to dismount holder when I switch cars. It works well in 2 of 3 other cars I tried it in... and OK in the third where the vent grille holes are very small.

Positioning the reader's view in a "safe spot" (uh, is this possible?) without obscuring something like the MMI display is tricky too. You 'll have these considerations with all mounts and cars. To improve/help, WizGear and others which are similar have swivel head versions I think...I didn't look/try.

Benefits include, iit is cheap, looks great, is nearly invisible and very easy to mount/dismount both the holder and also the phone (once you get the hang of sliding it off ) and put in any pocket.

YMMV...read the many reviews. Results will vary by car/vent/view and driver preferences etc. If unsure, it's cheap enough to try one. Before you ask, I haven't done a full test on vents during A/C season, but I don't use the center dash vents much anyway so am not very worried about that.

Metal super glued near center of plastic cover.

Last edited by huskyz; 05-09-2016 at 03:19 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For proclip it says: NOTICE: View your dash, to ensure it matches with our photos. Some 2011 models used the 2010 style dash. Those 2011 models will need to use the ProClips designed for the 2010 models. Notice: Not for carbon fiber or wood grain dash trim - Including the glossy black/black wood grain.

Have any of you encountered problems with this as far as the carbon fiber or wood grain dash trim? I believe I have a wood grain dash trim.

Also which mount do you prefer?

console mount: Audi A6 2011-2017 ProClip Console Mount - ProClip USA

center mount: Audi A6 2011-2017 ProClip Center Mount - ProClip USA

angled mount: Audi A6 2011-2016 ProClip Angled Mount - ProClip USA