S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Dash Water Spots?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Water Spots?

Ever since I took possession of my car it appears that the cleaning products they used on my dash have left several marks. The top of the dash and doors I was able to clean up no problem with Lexol but beside the MMI where the black trim is and the plastic above the tac and speedometer cluster there appears to be hard water spots that I cannot get off.

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions to remove it? Its hard to photograph because the car needs to be in harsh sunlight. It was really bugging me on the way home with the sunroof open.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexol is for Leather unless you are using Vinylex. Your dash and top of doors is plastic. You might want to try Aerospace 303 cleaner/protectant http://www.autogeek.net/303.html?gcl...FcRM4AodrnE_Hg
Old 03-17-2012, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Lexol is for Leather unless you are using Vinylex. Your dash and top of doors is plastic. You might want to try Aerospace 303 cleaner/protectant http://www.autogeek.net/303.html?gcl...FcRM4AodrnE_Hg
Actually I'm using Lexol Auto Care for Vinyl, rubber & plastics =) I have the one for Leather that you recommended awhile back =) (Thanks again still love it) I wish I had told them when I originally saw it but I saw it as something easy to get off. Obviously I was wrong...

As always, thank you for the suggestion. Let me take a look and maybe I'll pickup a bottle. =)
Old 03-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TO407S4
Actually I'm using Lexol Auto Care for Vinyl, rubber & plastics =) I have the one for Leather that you recommended awhile back =) (Thanks again still love it) I wish I had told them when I originally saw it but I saw it as something easy to get off. Obviously I was wrong...

As always, thank you for the suggestion. Let me take a look and maybe I'll pickup a bottle. =)
I only use that product on the leather surfaces of my car. Just re read the label on the Lexol 3 in 1 Auto Care product that I use, and it says nothing about using it on non leather surfaces. Sorry if I have somehow led you to believe that it is a product to be used on vinyl surfaces. Perhaps you are using a different product? http://www.amazon.com/Lexol-3-Leathe.../dp/B002ZBPX1S
Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
I only use that product on the leather surfaces of my car. Just re read the label on the Lexol 3 in 1 Auto Care product that I use, and it says nothing about using it on non leather surfaces. Sorry if I have somehow led you to believe that it is a product to be used on vinyl surfaces. Perhaps you are using a different product? http://www.amazon.com/Lexol-3-Leathe.../dp/B002ZBPX1S
Lol I have two different products from Lexol One for leather and another specifically for vinyl
http://www.eshine.ca/lexol_premium_p..._16oz-3138.php Thank you for double checking anyways
Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TO407S4
Ever since I took possession of my car it appears that the cleaning products they used on my dash have left several marks. The top of the dash and doors I was able to clean up no problem with Lexol but beside the MMI where the black trim is and the plastic above the tac and speedometer cluster there appears to be hard water spots that I cannot get off.

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions to remove it? Its hard to photograph because the car needs to be in harsh sunlight. It was really bugging me on the way home with the sunroof open.
I only use distilled water with microfiber cloths to wipe down the interior. Leaves everything clean and squeaky-dry, like the day I picked it up.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stevefambro
I only use distilled water with microfiber cloths to wipe down the interior. Leaves everything clean and squeaky-dry, like the day I picked it up.
Thanks stevefambro =) I actually did try that the first time when I was washing down the screen with it. Sadly once the sun hit it I saw it... I did try something this weekend and when its sunny enough to tell I'll report back if it worked or not =)

Thanks all!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a similar problem after my dealer wiped my dash down with something unknown. You may actually have to polish it off with a plastic polish or a (very) mild paint polish.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did any products work for you, mine has the same marks in assuming, tried cockpit cleaner and plastic deep cleaner, didn't help