S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

DIY: Fog lamp replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just changed mine.

I ordered a pair of Hoen Yellow Endurance Fog Lamps and thanks to NWS4Guy's easy instructions, a quick 15 minute switch results in a very cool looking set of fog lamps.

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pics or it never happened!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
But my car is a pig right now. I haven't washed it in two weeks!

I'll see about getting a couple of pics this evening. I think they will look better in low light.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I feel ya, with this rain that's been hitting California for the past 2 weeks I haven't had a chance to take any decent pictures of my car.

I also have about a 1000 bug carcasses on my front bumper/hood from my SoCal road trip.

I'm hoping for clear skies this weekend for a nice wash.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Meh, I finally gave up and washed her at end of last week. Will probably go again this weekend or Friday.

I normally don't use the fogs, so I might as well swap 'em so they are more useful when they are actually required.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Okay ... here are a couple pics. You'll have to forgive the filthy rims. They almost look gunmetal from this angle with all the brake dust on them. haha
Attached Images   
Old 02-03-2010, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Filthy rims or not....the care looks great!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by WatchNut
Filthy rims or not....the care looks great!
Thank you! Here's a few more. I was going to "edit" out the license place, but I thought, who cares. Plus, it's hard to see the look of the LED plate lights if I "f" it up but editing it.

Plus, at night it's harder to see the dirt. haha

On an unrelated note, I haven't noticed very many other brilliant reds out there. Any one else have brilliant red, the fastest color? lol

On ANOTHER unrelated note. I took these with my new Canon T1i. I'm still working out how to use it. I'm NOT a photographer, I just like cool stuff and this camera is VERY cool.
Attached Images    
Old 02-05-2010, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S4Tokyo
Audi wants 10X this (or near) for it's own Accessory kit ... can a few w/experience, feedback is this kit 'normal' re performance / cost, or too good to be true - note claimed spec?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D1S-X...item3efc781653
The main thing is to not exceed the 35 watts, if you can find an HID at 35 watts, it will not draw too much or melt anything.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

The main thing is to not exceed the 35 watts, if you can find an HID at 35 watts, it will not draw too much or melt anything.
My Dealer has me scared beyond reason that if I dink around w/non Audi OEM Accessories or dress up Electrical items that I'll be on warpath with main ECU / warning settings and so Audi cannot support me if that happens and anything needs to be covered by Warranty. Basically mixed religion mixed marriages are out, stay pure and you'll be safe. I don't like overload of 'rules'!
SO, I understand the reason for 'yellow' Fog lights, but I'm not likley to need, the aesthetcis are what appeal to me in this case....trying to have similar color /brightness to headlights. You note about HID at 35W or less ...what happens if I can find a Xenon Kit, any guidleiness that will keep me from setting off warnings which you might have knowledge / heard of? Like you note for HID's, stay below 35W...w/Xenon is there same or additional guideline?

Quick Reply: DIY: Fog lamp replacement