S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2015 S4 ordered!

Old 06-28-2014, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 S4 ordered!

I just ordered a 2015 S4 in Sepang Blue Pearl Effect with Black/Silver leather. The car is going to have the following options:
- Premium Plus
- 6 spd manual
- Tech Pkg (Navi, side assist, etc.)
- B&O
- Sport Diff
- Adaptive Damping Suspension
- Nappa Leather
- 19" wheels
- Layered Aluminum/Black wood inlays
- Alu-Optic pkg (alu-optic side sill blades with supercharged badging)

My dealer was able to give me the supplier discount (6% off) plus the Audi Loyalty discount ($1,000 off).

Now the waiting game begins!

Two questions...anyone know how to find the tracking tool to track the progress of your car? My SA had heard of it, but didn't know any details.

Second...any picture of B8.5 (refresh) Sepang Blue cars out there? I couldn't find any.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

there are some pictures, I posted under "2015 Blue" here, what price did you get?
Old 06-29-2014, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lawaspen
there are some pictures, I posted under "2015 Blue" here, what price did you get?
The car will sticker for $59,475. I got $3,513 off MSRP plus $1,000 for the loyalty discount. ...so $54,962 before taxes and trade.

As for the trade, they would give me $34,200 today for my existing S4, but obviously the price would go down some between now and when the new S4 arrives. I am guessing about $500 or so.

I think the overall deal was pretty solid...
Old 06-29-2014, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by carguyrob
The car will sticker for $59,475. I got $3,513 off MSRP plus $1,000 for the loyalty discount. ...so $54,962 before taxes and trade.

As for the trade, they would give me $34,200 today for my existing S4...
Have you considered selling the S4 yourself? When my wife ordered her A6, the only reason we thought about trading it was to offset the taxes. In NC, tax on a new car is only 3%. We sold her GTI on craigslist, and came out a few thousand ahead. I guess another reason to trade is the hassle of dealing with people who might or might not be serious buyers, but we had a very good experience.

Just my 2 cents.

John
Old 06-29-2014, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Another Plug for ACNA

Originally Posted by carguyrob
The car will sticker for $59,475. I got $3,513 off MSRP...
When we started looking for my wife's car, I was very pleased that being an ACNA member took 6% off the Monroney up-front, without any haggling. That opened up the potential for going to several regional dealers to see what was in their inventory, though we ultimately semi-ordered her car from the local dealer. They found a car coming into the RI port, and shipped it to NC.

BTW, I have no personal stake in ACNA, but it's a great purchase program- better than BMW, and as for PCA, non-existent there.

YMMV,

John
Old 06-29-2014, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jpccarguy
Have you considered selling the S4 yourself? When my wife ordered her A6, the only reason we thought about trading it was to offset the taxes. In NC, tax on a new car is only 3%. We sold her GTI on craigslist, and came out a few thousand ahead. I guess another reason to trade is the hassle of dealing with people who might or might not be serious buyers, but we had a very good experience.

Just my 2 cents.

John
I considered it, but in Cook County, IL, the tax rate on new cars is 8%! I would have to sell the car for $2700 more just to break even. I think at $37K, the car could be a tough sale and lots of buyers look for a dealer to provide financing and extended warranties.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

When we started looking for my wife's car, I was very pleased that being an ACNA member took 6% off the Monroney up-front, without any haggling. That opened up the potential for going to several regional dealers to see what was in their inventory, though we ultimately semi-ordered her car from the local dealer. They found a car coming into the RI port, and shipped it to NC.

BTW, I have no personal stake in ACNA, but it's a great purchase program- better than BMW, and as for PCA, non-existent there.

YMMV,

John
I talked to two other dealers before settling in on Audi of Hoffman Estates (6 miles from my house and where I bought my current S4). All the dealers were will to offer me the 6% supplier discount, but Audi of HE had the highest price for my trade in.

None of them had any allocation in the pipeline for 2015 6-speed manuals yet. So I think I am going to be waiting at least 90 days this time around.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

YMMV,

John
If you believe what you read in the forums, plenty of people are getting 6% (or more) off without ACNA, depending on the car. Unless you negotiate a price with / without it, it is difficult to tell how valuable the program is. It also excludes some cars, such as the RS5. There are some other reports that some dealers won't accept it on cars that should be in the program (e.g. s7).

I preferred it when they sent you a check for $500 after you bought or leased the car without involving them. For example, when we got our first Audi (wife's Q5) we got a great deal through the Costco program (better than 6% off MSRP) PLUS a $500 check from ACNA. In that respect the membership fees are clearly worth it because you know the benefit you get back vs. dues.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Do a courtesy trade! Post the car online for sale, find a buyer, and have them buy it through your dealership. Dealer will usually charge $100 or so to do it. Since you found your own buyer you get the discount on your car and a further tax discount on your "trade".

Last edited by Audis or VWs 4Life; 06-29-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:37 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Audis or VWs 4Life
Do a courtesy trade! Post the car online for sale, find a buyer, and have them buy it through your dealership. Dealer will usually charge $100 or so to do it. Since you found your own buyer you get the discount on your car and a further tax discount on your "trade".
Not sure that the dealer will be happy to do a courtesy trade. If he is taking your 2011 as trade, he is anticipating making some money on your car.