S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

GIAC Stg 2 v1 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GIAC Stg 2 v1 Dyno results

All,

I just put my car on the dyno yesterday to gauge the difference between v1 and the v2 software update.

All I had time for yesterday was the dyno, results below. I'll try and update and post new dyno when its all done.

Dynapack
Sea Level, roughly 82 degrees out.
321hp, 330tq.

There have been a lot of skeptics on the board about the 2014 models… From what I've gathered, these numbers are right in line with the 2010's-13's.
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2014, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool... Hit the strip and see what it runs there... Shame GIAC didn't get it right the first time but props for fixing it... Until APR comes out with the DSG tune GIAC is the way to go on the B8.5's that's for sure...
Old 10-07-2014, 05:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Cool... Hit the strip and see what it runs there... Shame GIAC didn't get it right the first time but props for fixing it... Until APR comes out with the DSG tune GIAC is the way to go on the B8.5's that's for sure...

Hi Ron,
Not sure I agree. I'm installing Revo ECU and DSG tunes tomorrow. I know these dynos are all a little different but I've turned 321 HP with just APR's Stage II already. Hopefully will have some numbers tomorrow night?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Skywagon
Hi Ron,
Not sure I agree. I'm installing Revo ECU and DSG tunes tomorrow. I know these dynos are all a little different but I've turned 321 HP with just APR's Stage II already. Hopefully will have some numbers tomorrow night?
Ed, What don't you agree with? I don't want to sound like a jerk but the folks I've talked to who have the Revo DSG tune have had nothing but issues... I told you to speak to them, not sure you did... Revo has a horrible history and has at least 2 cars with blown motors because the timing they ran was unrelaistic... Your choice but if you think you haven't gotten the service you need out of APR wait until Revo has an issue and your dealer isn't going to help because they can't do anything to the tune just like APR dealers... You either should go GIAC as they are proven, wait on APR, or drive down to APR and pay for custom tuning...
Old 10-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ron, understand. I'm referring to the amount of power the tunes are making. Just not that easy to go on a three day trip to get a tune when the Revo dealer is just an hour away. If problems occur I'll ask for a refund and do GIAC. Yes, I have talked to Revo numerous times. I have a 2014 B8.5, as you know. Simply a problem child, to say the least!
Thanks
Old 10-07-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Ed, What don't you agree with? I don't want to sound like a jerk but the folks I've talked to who have the Revo DSG tune have had nothing but issues... I told you to speak to them, not sure you did... Revo has a horrible history and has at least 2 cars with blown motors because the timing they ran was unrelaistic... Your choice but if you think you haven't gotten the service you need out of APR wait until Revo has an issue and your dealer isn't going to help because they can't do anything to the tune just like APR dealers... You either should go GIAC as they are proven, wait on APR, or drive down to APR and pay for custom tuning...
My Revo stage 1+ (with pulley) has seen plenty of real world road course time in the advanced and instructor run group. It's about as bulletproof as if Audi wrote the code. Zero issues. Dyno'd over 360 WHP on a Mustang, where the next best B8 did 330.