S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Good old Brake Squeal!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got my car back yesterday after the dealer lubricated and "champhered" the pads. They were happy to report no problem. I got in the car a couple hours later for a trip to the grocery and the brakes squealed like crazy. I am not happy but I cannot conclude that my dealer would purposefully ignore a full replacement if that is what the TSB says. I mean, they get paid for the work and that is how dealerships make the most of their money, right? I have opened a case with Audi and will be dealing with this today.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lawaspen
Well I got my car back yesterday after the dealer lubricated and "champhered" the pads. They were happy to report no problem. I got in the car a couple hours later for a trip to the grocery and the brakes squealed like crazy. I am not happy but I cannot conclude that my dealer would purposefully ignore a full replacement if that is what the TSB says. I mean, they get paid for the work and that is how dealerships make the most of their money, right? I have opened a case with Audi and will be dealing with this today.
Keep us updated on your progress. Do you have a number/person to call at Audi? I know for a fact, especially after hearing from you guys, that my situation will not be resolved on Friday. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

The name of the lady I am dealing with is Bonnie at Audi, the number is 800-822-2834 (could be 866), extension number 43601.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm curious as well. I heard the brakes squeal LOUD on mine, but haven't been able to recreate it.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wish I had some better news. Still waiting on my dealer to come up with a plan. So far, they have not despite both them and Audi "working on it." It is completely ridiculous and unacceptable for a car with this much engineering effort and price.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lawaspen
I wish I had some better news. Still waiting on my dealer to come up with a plan. So far, they have not despite both them and Audi "working on it." It is completely ridiculous and unacceptable for a car with this much engineering effort and price.
Left my car with the dealer for 4 days last week. The first step they took to solve brake squeal was to sand down the pads. This did not work so they called Audi and they approved the TSB to replace the front pad and roters.. fyi.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Damn this brake squeal! I just got my AWE exhaust and had the windows down loving life, then I came to a stop light and the squeal deflated my ego big time... Next mod, brakes/rotors
Old 10-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you guys still having this problem? About to enter my 3rd winter and finally just opened a case number with Audi America. The dealership is till giving me the run around an I am FED UP. Let me know if you have had any successes and I will keep you updated on my situation. Thank you.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mine have always squealed from day 1. Typically when it's cold out and typically when I'm not braking hard. After three years, I finally asked my dealer about it a few weeks ago ... They told me there was a service bulletin (ref TSB#2027636/6)... they replaced the front rotors, brake pads, and caliper mounts with "special kit 8K0698998). They also bled the brakes.

I haven't had any problems since.

Quick Reply: Good old Brake Squeal!