S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Has anyone seen this, White Screen in between Tach and Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zulujams
Overman: curious why your speedometer is blurred out
Blurred? Er... I don't know. Maybe the photo got corrupted during upload? Someone should check that out...
Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

lol @ the blurred area. If only Audi was better about alerting us of software updates. Well I hope it doesn't happen for you again. Was it a hot day?
Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

So what gives with the blurred speedo? At 2400 rpm in a 6MT it would be less than 70mph, I guess a bit more in an automatic but hardly the crime of the century
Old 10-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by forza1976
It's like a white screen of death. Came out to the car this afternoon to this picture.
Yup happened to me today, white screen of death....have Audi looking into it on Monday. Hopefully just a one off, let me know if anyone has any answers to this apparent common problem? G.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Grommet6
Yup happened to me today, white screen of death....have Audi looking into it on Monday. Hopefully just a one off, let me know if anyone has any answers to this apparent common problem? G.
I had it happen to me a couple of weeks ago...no unusual heat or anything else. After I restarted the car about 2 hours later, was fine. Hasn't happened again. Odd
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Happened to me too. I left for Europe for a week and car sat in my Temp Controlled Garage. Got home took car out next day and Boom! White screen half way through my day. Shut the car off started it in 1/2 an hour and it has been normal since! WTF! Who knows ? ? ? ? ODD! Audi Gremlins strike again!!!!! Any updates to this issue concerning the Audi Dealers? TSB here ? ? ?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Got my gauge cluster replaced under the TSB below for this issue.

I only had the white screen happen once 2 months ago. And it has not happened again before or after the cluster was replaced.

I mentioned this problem to them. They could not find any fault codes but did find a TSB on it. They are going to replace the cluster once one comes in. It supposedly has upgraded software as well or maybe its the firmware thats upgraded.

TSB 2029781/1 .
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracker_168
Got my gauge cluster replaced under the TSB below for this issue.

I only had the white screen happen once 2 months ago. And it has not happened again before or after the cluster was replaced.

I mentioned this problem to them. They could not find any fault codes but did find a TSB on it. They are going to replace the cluster once one comes in. It supposedly has upgraded software as well or maybe its the firmware thats upgraded.

TSB 2029781/1 .
Thanks for the TSB info! Keep us posted as to what will be replaced. I have my 25K service comming up in a few weeks will mention. I managed to snap a photo with my I-phone so there is no B.S.!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by B8 S FOR
Thanks for the TSB info! Keep us posted as to what will be replaced. I have my 25K service comming up in a few weeks will mention. I managed to snap a photo with my I-phone so there is no B.S.!
Sorry, my last post was a bit unclear because I cut and paste part of it from an AZ forum post.

I already got the cluster replaced about one month ago. It took about one hour. The entire guage cluster was replaced. I have not had any repeat occurances but it only happened once before the cluster was replaced. It was also not related to heat or ambient temperatures from what I can tell.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default White screen of death

Just happened to my while I was grocery shopping. 15 minutes later and it is still white. It's also 90 degrees out today. Hope its back to normal tomorrow morning.

Dan

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen this, White Screen in between Tach and Speedo