S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Have 2014 demo loaner for week end some ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have 2014 demo loaner for week end some ?

I surprised myself and took 7 speed s tronic dual clutch, instead of 6 speed mt. I drove mt car Monday and found the noise level a bit much. For me dual clutch my be way to go. It is supposed to have better gas mileage and it does shift faster than I can. Handling is unbelievable ! This demo has extra cost 19 inch tires which I will not get.
A few questions.When I make a complete stop it feels as if something is disengaging ,maybe the clutch?.Is this normal?When I open the hood there seem to be some electronic noises, Normal?
Car really goes ,shifts are almost un perceivable ,except for tac movement .
Car mileage according to display is about 18.5,mpg, not driving to conserve gas. I got down on it more than a few times. Is that mpg gauge accurate.

The Quattro handling is truly amazing, car is on tracks on curves, talking curves much faster than my 2000 non sport RWD BMW

Servicing is going to be expensive brakes are $1100 !. And I complained about $495 BMW brake job
Parts guy says there are still some spotty issues with thermostats . Also very expensive after warranty.might consider extended warranty.COMMENTS PLEASE,
Old 08-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jyges
I surprised myself and took 7 speed s tronic dual clutch, instead of 6 speed mt. I drove mt car Monday and found the noise level a bit much. For me dual clutch my be way to go. It is supposed to have better gas mileage and it does shift faster than I can. Handling is unbelievable ! This demo has extra cost 19 inch tires which I will not get.
A few questions.When I make a complete stop it feels as if something is disengaging ,maybe the clutch?.Is this normal?When I open the hood there seem to be some electronic noises, Normal?
Car really goes ,shifts are almost un perceivable ,except for tac movement .
Car mileage according to display is about 18.5,mpg, not driving to conserve gas. I got down on it more than a few times. Is that mpg gauge accurate.

The Quattro handling is truly amazing, car is on tracks on curves, talking curves much faster than my 2000 non sport RWD BMW

Servicing is going to be expensive brakes are $1100 !. And I complained about $495 BMW brake job
Parts guy says there are still some spotty issues with thermostats . Also very expensive after warranty.might consider extended warranty.COMMENTS PLEASE,
1) get the 19" wheels, IMHO, this car doesn't look right without them.

2) Don't buy an s4 if you have any concerns about gas mileage . Expect 18-19 in town , 21-24 0n the highway AT BEST ,spirited driving or speeds above 64mph will have a negative effect on mileage

3) Electric noises under the hood are normal or mean that there is a time bomb about to go off. Do you have any idea as to whether the car has a sport dif

4) I think $1100 for brakes is not realistic. I would not have an Audi dealer do it. But you do need a vag com tool to do the rear brakes
Old 08-23-2014, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Car has sport differential
Old 08-24-2014, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

MPG in trip computer is not accurate (in this car or any other). Actual is typically 5-10% lower than what the it reads. Over 32K miles, my MPG's have ranged from 17-27 with an overall avg. of 22 with mostly highway driving. Agree with Dr. GP's point - don't get this car and expect a fuel sipper (as well as his other points).

If you go with extended warranty, try Troy at FD Warranty. I bought the same Fidelity warranty from him that local Audi dealers sell for about 60% of the price quotes from local dealers (for my S4 and wife's Q5). He works for a dealership group that includes an Audi dealer. There are numerous warranty choices that vary in price, terms and quality of underwriter. Be sure to know what you are buying - they are not all the same.