S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Have you ever heard this dealer excuse?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 04:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever heard this dealer excuse?

My 2013 S4 lease comes due in Feb, 2016. I ordered my vehicle 3 years ago and I was looking to possibly do the same thing this time around, so that I can get the exact configuration I want and not pay for features I don't want.

When I gave the dealer the configuration I wanted and asked for a quote he came back to me saying that Audi is not taking orders on S4's for the foreseeable future and they don't know when they will be. My guess is that's a bunch of bull****, that they just want me to buy/lease a vehicle they can get their hands on now - even though I don't really need the vehicle until Feb when my lease runs out.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-04-2015, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave335i
My 2013 S4 lease comes due in Feb, 2016. I ordered my vehicle 3 years ago and I was looking to possibly do the same thing this time around, so that I can get the exact configuration I want and not pay for features I don't want.

When I gave the dealer the configuration I wanted and asked for a quote he came back to me saying that Audi is not taking orders on S4's for the foreseeable future and they don't know when they will be. My guess is that's a bunch of bull****, that they just want me to buy/lease a vehicle they can get their hands on now - even though I don't really need the vehicle until Feb when my lease runs out.

What do you guys think?
Call another dealer and see what they say.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you guys think?
Perhaps they do not have an allocation? Sounds like total BS to me. I ordered my 2014 S4 in June of 2013 and had August delivery. Call another dealer and ask them if you can place an order. Word of advice. Your car probably has equity in it. Do not just give it back to Audi if it does. Trade it in ANYTIME before lease is up. You can use the equity to put down on your next car or just put the money in your pocket. BTW, I got $6k in equity when I traded my 2010 in on a 2014. Dealer will be happy to take your car as a trade in since he will probably make more money on the sale of your current S4 than he will on the new one. That could actually get you a better deal on the new S4 as well.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Perhaps they do not have an allocation? Sounds like total BS to me. I ordered my 2014 S4 in June of 2013 and had August delivery. Call another dealer and ask them if you can place an order. Word of advice. Your car probably has equity in it. Do not just give it back to Audi if it does. Trade it in ANYTIME before lease is up. You can use the equity to put down on your next car or just put the money in your pocket. BTW, I got $6k in equity when I traded my 2010 in on a 2014. Dealer will be happy to take your car as a trade in since he will probably make more money on the sale of your current S4 than he will on the new one. That could actually get you a better deal on the new S4 as well.
How do I determine if I have equity in my car and how much it is?
Old 09-04-2015, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Go to Edmunds.com or kbb.com and put in your specs to find out how much your car is worth. You could even look on autotrader.com to see what similar cars are asking. You should know your residual value from the lease agreement, and if it looks like your car is worth more than the residual value, you can buy the car from Audi for the residual price, and then sell/trade it. If you are trading it in, the dealership can take care of all of the paperwork, basically they get the car and you walk away with cash.

I did this with my '11 Q5 and walked away with $6500 in cash at Carsense. If you have one of those or a CarMax they will also buy your car.

Good luck!
Old 09-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Banned

First find out what your current payoff is. Also find out what the payoff will be at lease end which is the residual. Next go onto KBB . dealer will probably not offer you more than wholesale value but my experience has shown that they rarely give you what KBB lists as the trade in value. But trade in value is negotiable just like it would be when you trade in a non leased car. Also be aware that the dealer can buy your car From AFS or VW Credit for $400-$500 less than the residual or current buy out
Old 09-07-2015, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They are no longer taking orders for 2016 S4s because of the chassis change. unfortunately for me I am on the same boat and was looking to order a car in preparation for an end of a lease. My good friend works at the dealership so I know he isn't BS-ing me.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So they will no longer be taking orders for 2016 S4's? So I will need to either buy one that's on the lot or not buy one at all, if I want a 2016?
Old 09-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Banned

So no one can order a 2016 S4? If they are making a 2016 S4 I cant believe you could not order one and can only buy from dealer inventory . If there is a 2017 S4, usually the first yr of a new chassis, the S4 is not available in the US. Not taking an order does not make sense.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah, I think whatever is left for the 2016 S4s is what you get. If you hear different from your local dealer, please let me know.

Quick Reply: Have you ever heard this dealer excuse?