Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 278928

Default Last year for S4 Manual?

Hello. I am a brand new member. I enjoy reading this forum and have learned a lot. I have two questions. First, I have heard conflicting things about when the new S4 will be out. Is it coming out in 2015 or 2016? If it is coming out in 2015 and this current year (2014) is the final year for the B8 S4, is it also likely that this is the last year for manual transmission in the S4? I ask because I see that the new S3 does not have manual. And the RS5, of course, does not have manual. So I'm trying to determine if this is the last chance I have to order a new S4 with manual. Any information would be very highly appreciated. Many thanks.
Kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:44 AM   #2
AudiWorld Uber User
Account #: 1158

There are some rumors that the B8.5 might be the last S4 ever and that Audi would let the S5 fill this segment due to fuel economy regulations. As it is, fuel economy is the main reason behind dropping the manual so if you want one, it is a good idea to make your move now.

| 2013 S4 P+ | Moonlight Blue | Black&Silver Alcantara | Flappy Paddle Gearbox | Sport Diff | ADS | Google Nav | B&O | CF | Wireless Key | SC Badges |
Bobby Kinstle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 186066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle View Post
There are some rumors that the B8.5 might be the last S4 ever and that Audi would let the S5 fill this segment due to fuel economy regulations. As it is, fuel economy is the main reason behind dropping the manual so if you want one, it is a good idea to make your move now.
Not sure where you've heard that. Audi just recently has said they've delayed the launch of the B9 A4/S4 as well as the Q7 due to final design changes. Looks like a 2015 launch (2016 model year) A4, which would probably be a 2016 (2017 model year) launch of the S4. Still no word if it will be offered in manual, fingers crossed!

Sources:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...changes-report

http://blog.caranddriver.com/audi-pu...+and+Driver%29
Joe85STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 53054

As I understand it, No manual B8 S4s are available in Europe. From this policy and the fact that the R type cars are coming only with DSG trans, many have concluded that the MT trans will not be available in the B9s. Pure conjecture but seems to make sense.
DrGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 45111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
I ask because I see that the new S3 does not have manual.
Has Audi actually confirmed that they won't be bringing a manual S3 to the U.S.? If so, I doubt we'll see a manual B9 S4.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement