S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

long story short.....need suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Guys, be cautious with your statements about insurance. There is huge variance in rules from state to state.

You can claim a hit 'n' run in this state. It does NOT increase your premium and your deductible does not apply.
Yes,and as I mentioned, don't know what state the OP is in. But if your insurance company uses scoring, all claims can affect your rate, asking your agent is the only way to find out for sure.

I see you are in that crazy a#$ insurance state of MA, where the state sets the rate and where insurance companies love to hate.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Sorry, Vicky is downtown Boston. I thought she had posted that.

MA had gone to an open system a number of years ago. It's worked out fairly well. Much competition now even though the pundits said it would never work. My rates went down under the new system. I think my '11 A4 is right around $500/yr now.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the input.

I understand the law is diff. state by state and I am from Boston MA.

Back to my story, See picture below.

So I went to a local body shop today. The guy helped me to touch up the scratch very well for FREE !!! See below pic.

The lower bumper is very good, you have to look very close to see the damage, but the upper back fender? still very visible to me. I am not sure how much does it cost to fix that area because that piece is go alone all the way to the body. I assume they will have to repaint the whole body.

off topics: I also got my car tinted today, look very nice. Let me know if you guys interesting to see pictures. I will open a new thread if many people want to see.

Vicky could be a guy name too. uberwgn