S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Lower Grill Fog Light Fender Fell off?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ_S4
Were you able to get to the fog lights from the front by popping this cover off on both sides? How difficult is it? Thanks.
c/o NWS4Guy - https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...light=foglight
Old 11-17-2011, 04:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4Tokyo
Thanks for the link. I've seen that thread before and was wondering if it was possible to install the passenger side bulb without removing the wheel/fender lining like NWS4Guy does.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ_S4
Thanks for the link. I've seen that thread before and was wondering if it was possible to install the passenger side bulb without removing the wheel/fender lining like NWS4Guy does.
Well sure you can, on my car the passenger surround is a bear to get off, and you don't remove the fender lining, you take out 2 screws, and pull it out of the way, it's a soft, and flexible material. This allows very quick and easy access to the back of the bulb housing. It takes all of 30 seconds to do it and get to the bulb housing.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Well sure you can, on my car the passenger surround is a bear to get off, and you don't remove the fender lining, you take out 2 screws, and pull it out of the way, it's a soft, and flexible material. This allows very quick and easy access to the back of the bulb housing. It takes all of 30 seconds to do it and get to the bulb housing.
Cool. Thanks. Did you have to remove the wheel? Or can I get away with full left lock?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just turn the steering wheel, there is plenty of room, the pics I took were where the tire was just out of the frame, it was not removed.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Driver's side fog light grille flew off

I'm surprised how easily the driver's side fog light grille flew off on the freeway after a piece of a big rig tire flew out of nowhere and hit the fog light grille. No other damage to my car thank God.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alicia lopez
I'm surprised how easily the driver's side fog light grille flew off on the freeway after a piece of a big rig tire flew out of nowhere and hit the fog light grille. No other damage to my car thank God.
Yep, they are famous for that. Lost two, one on my old A5 S-line, and one just last month on my S4, after hitting some light road debris.

$ 70.00 for a replacement at an Audi dealer on-line.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That sucks. Oh well. I have to fix it ASAP. I don't like how the car looks without it
Old 09-28-2015, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alicia lopez
That sucks. Oh well. I have to fix it ASAP. I don't like how the car looks without it
Funny, the last one, I thought hit something like wet cardboard and never gave it much of a thought afterward since I didn't hear anything. Then I never noticed it for over a week, until I was walking out of my garage and saw the car parked in the driveway, and thought, wow, that air duct looks really odd for some reason. Yes, it does look odd without it, plus it exposes the intercooler to damage.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I didn't think colliding with a piece of tire could tear off the grille. I wouldn't have noticed the grille had flown off had I not checked to see if the tire left any scuff marks.

Quick Reply: Lower Grill Fog Light Fender Fell off?