S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016
View Poll Results: Best Tune for MonSoonHell
REVO
33.33%
GIAC
22.22%
UNITRONIC
11.11%
APR
33.33%
Other
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

MonSoonHell - Tune Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by westwest888
So in your amateur opinion as an armchair automotive embedded systems software engineer, it would be better to use a different algorithm? Tell me more.

My car is *significantly* slower than stock.

Revo is the one you want if you're doing 100 pulls back to back. My engine runs as cool as stock. Cars are not rocket ships, in that you need to reuse them after one heroic launch. I can't say definitively if bypassing boost when you don't need it is what gives me the result of repeatability, but that's a reasonable hypothesis.
Yes West in my amateur opinion which is all you can offer as well... You're literally the laughing stock of all the forums and most people know that and know you are a total joke...

I've logged more than anyone else who runs a tune and have reviewed more logs from various cars than anyone else... You on the other hand don't log your car so all of your thoughts are speculation vs using factual information like I am... I am also close to the person who blew their motor running the Revo tune and was copied on all correspondancce with Revo and AOC... OP asked a question and I stick by what I said and you can spew any bs you want it doesn't change the facts... Revo has blown motors and their current tune is much slower than APR/GIAC because of the strategy they use...
Old 02-27-2015, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MonSoonHell
Thanks for your response. Will investigate your comment about "blowing motors" and their "tuning strategy". I have not visited APR's website (yet), however, from my other thread in another forum, there are those mentioning the DSG tune as well. Isn't that tune for automatic transmissions?

Unfortunately the link you quoted is for Elite Motorsports, who are located in NY. I am asking about Elite Motors of NJ (REVO dealer). I have to say it is an interesting link and given the fact that they are an APR dealer, gives me great hesitation to go with that shop, if I choose to go with APR.
Sounds good... Let me know if you need anything and I'd be glad to help... Sorry about the link I just saw Elite and figured it was one in the same...
Old 02-27-2015, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime

Sounds good... Let me know if you need anything and I'd be glad to help... Sorry about the link I just saw Elite and figured it was one in the same...
Look up audizine thread Stage 2 Dyno results Revo vs Giac vs apr. S4 but same 3.0TFSI
Old 02-27-2015, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1
Look up audizine thread Stage 2 Dyno results Revo vs Giac vs apr. S4 but same 3.0TFSI
I don't frequent vendorzine as it's a terribly run place that lets vendors actively scam members, so I won't be doing that... Sorry, I don't put much creedence in dyno runs done by shops who are selling tunes... On the dragstrip the Revo tuned cars run much slower ET's and much lower trap speeds... They spent 3 days revising skywagons tune and it didn't help... I have no skin in this game so I could care less what others believe... I am just trying to let the OP know what I've seen and reviewed via data he can make his own decision as everyone else can as well...
Old 02-27-2015, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you can wait two weeks you'll be able to see the GIAC Stage 2 w/pulley, AWE cutback, Roc-Euro intake, and an aftermarket charger cooler with dyno results, using same gas and same dyno for baseline and modded results.

The thread is in this section.

Im not saying my route Im taking is the best, but figured I should at least share the info that Im able to gather throughout the process.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes West in my amateur opinion which is all you can offer as well... You're literally the laughing stock of all the forums and most people know that and know you are a total joke...

I've logged more than anyone else who runs a tune and have reviewed more logs from various cars than anyone else... You on the other hand don't log your car so all of your thoughts are speculation vs using factual information like I am... I am also close to the person who blew their motor running the Revo tune and was copied on all correspondancce with Revo and AOC... OP asked a question and I stick by what I said and you can spew any bs you want it doesn't change the facts... Revo has blown motors and their current tune is much slower than APR/GIAC because of the strategy they use...
Boeing crashes airplanes. Never get in one because they crashed once.

When my motor blows what car should I get next?

You have to make up your mind about whether REVO is the "slowest" tune or it's the most dangerous. You can't say the other ones are safer and they also do 10 second quarter miles on AV gas.

What percentage of people on this forum do you think care about 1/4 miles and finding unobtainable canned 108 octane gasoline to compete with V6 Mustang's? Most folks just seem to want an OEM+ arrangement from REVO/Stasis which is what I'm recommending.

Last edited by westwest888; 02-27-2015 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by westwest888
Boeing crashes airplanes. Never get in one because they crashed once.

When my motor blows what car should I get next?
LOL! Really west? The problem is Revo released a tune that was pushing mid 40 timing advance to CUSTOMERS, not their own testing... It blew some motors, some CUSTOMER motors... Your analogy is very weak and shouldn't suprise me since you have no facts to use...

I could care less what car you get... Maybe get another coxster? I thought you were going to get a Tesla you cool cat... Oh wait it was the new GT4?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LOL! Really west? The problem is Revo released a tune that was pushing mid 40 timing advance to CUSTOMERS, not their own testing... It blew some motors, some CUSTOMER motors... Your analogy is very weak and shouldn't suprise me since you have no facts to use...

I could care less what car you get... Maybe get another coxster? I thought you were going to get a Tesla you cool cat... Oh wait it was the new GT4?
You don't have to like me but you have to agree with my facts. I have hours and hours of YouTube videos of me flogging the 3.0TFSI on a racetrack at advanced amateur lap times and the motor hasn't blown. So if you come on this forum and say that REVO blows motors, I'm going to say they don't because I have evidence they don't. You have no evidence of a blown motor. Somehow Stasis having a corporate restructuring hasn't allowed you to invalidate your NDA and tell the Behind the Music story for all of us. Contact Brian Williams and see if he'll pick up your story, because the two of you have a lot in common.

So, Brian Williams, tell me what you remember on the day the motor blew. Were we running a 100 octane tune and doing something stupid (which no one on this board would ever do)?

While we're at it, what are the failure rates per 100,000 cars (and median mileage) for 3.0TFSI engines in stock form, REVO tuned, GIAC tuned and APR tuned? Your conclusions are a joke. It'd be like if you heard a dealership had 1 problem 3.0TFSI car, and then you went on the Lexus forum and said "don't by an S4 because Audi blows engines".

Last edited by westwest888; 02-27-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't frequent vendorzine as it's a terribly run place that lets vendors actively scam members, so I won't be doing that... Sorry, I don't put much creedence in dyno runs done by shops who are selling tunes... On the dragstrip the Revo tuned cars run much slower ET's and much lower trap speeds... They spent 3 days revising skywagons tune and it didn't help... I have no skin in this game so I could care less what others believe... I am just trying to let the OP know what I've seen and reviewed via data he can make his own decision as everyone else can as well...
I'm sorry that I tried to help... Wow
Old 02-27-2015, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For anyone who doesn't know, Skywagon's Revo tune runs quarter miles in the 11's. They give him a ton of grief about it because his real world results don't match their on-line calculations of theoretical best times ever as supported by other people who exaggerate.

Quick Reply: MonSoonHell - Tune Question