S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Need help on my first s4 purchase

Old 11-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on my first s4 purchase

Hi guys. Newb here. Looking to buy an S4. I'm stuck between 2 cars. A 12' s4 prestige that's loaded white on black. Black wheels. Full exhaust with downpipe. Ecu flash, intake, and multiple other cosmetic goodies. 16000 miles. Has remainder of CPO warranty and Audi care up to 50k miles.

The other is a white 14' premium plus loaded up. Optic package with blacked out trim and grey wheels. CPO with 6yr 100k warranty with 7000 miles. About 6 k diff in price.

Thoughts!!??
Old 11-21-2014, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default What are the prices?

Originally Posted by Fleece82
Hi guys. Newb here. Looking to buy an S4. I'm stuck between 2 cars. A 12' s4 prestige that's loaded white on black. Black wheels. Full exhaust with downpipe. Ecu flash, intake, and multiple other cosmetic goodies. 16000 miles. Has remainder of CPO warranty and Audi care up to 50k miles.

The other is a white 14' premium plus loaded up. Optic package with blacked out trim and grey wheels. CPO with 6yr 100k warranty with 7000 miles. About 6 k diff in price.

Thoughts!!??
I have seen used 2014 for only $3-4 k less than new 2015
Old 11-22-2014, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Since the first car has an ECU flash and other mods, you'd probably have difficulty making any warranty claims relative to any engine/transmission/exhaust issues that arise.

Aside from that, if you plan to keep the car a long time and the $6k difference is not a big deal for you, then I'd vote for the '14, but as previous poster said, you should also consider the cost difference between the '14 and a new '15.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well I have looked at new 15's but with one that's pretty much loaded up msrp is around 58k and dealers won't go under 52-53k if that! The 12 is around 39k and the 14' is 45k and that's about the top of my $$$ range. and as far as 12 goes with mods, it does come with all the original equipment as well. So service manager at my dealer "says" if an issue comes up then i would have to put original equipment back on then they could address the issue under warranty. But could def prove to b a huge PIA!
Old 11-22-2014, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Any car that has been flashed will be driven hard

Well I have looked at new 15's but with one that's pretty much loaded up msrp is around 58k and dealers won't go under 52-53k if that! The 12 is around 39k and the 14' is 45k and that's about the top of my $$$ range. and as far as 12 goes with mods, it does come with all the original equipment as well. So service manager at my dealer "says" if an issue comes up then i would have to put original equipment back on then they could address the issue under warranty. But could def prove to b a huge PIA!
Who knows what would be wrong with it. I would still go with a new custom order 2015, you get what YOU want ,not what others wanted. The cost difference over the years is little. My car was ordered mid Sept. Based on an open dealer allocation and delivered 2,months later,made for me as I wanted it.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would order a '15 Prestige.
Make sure you get adaptive damping and sports differential.
Also get 3M or other clear bra from the windshield forward.

Takes about 90 days for delivery. I am very glad I ordered. Too much money involved not to get exactly what you want.

You can get colors, inlays, etc you want. Audi has some good financing deals right now. I was able to get 1.48% for 48 months at Chase. I have an account and auto debit so that saved me 0.50%.

Dealers seem to order Premium Plus. that's what is mostly on the lot or intransit. the only way you can get adaptive headlights is with a Prestige.

Second choice would be the '14 Prestige. Prestige has more toys and tech is improved over '12.

Best

Last edited by PhilNotHill; 11-22-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Which ECU flash (APR, GIAC, Revo, Stasis, etc.)? Who is selling the 2012 - private party?
Old 11-23-2014, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would love to custom order a 15 but it's too rich for my blood at this time. Yes the 12 is private party. It's apr tune. Think I'm goin to pass on the 12' now that I've further thought about and weighed pros cons etc. I've also found a nice a6 leftover that I'm considering. Have a lot to think about I guess! But I'm loving all the input and advice. What exactly are the adaptive headlights and the adaptive dampening. I've seen the rear sports diff mentioned on a lot of models but not the dampening.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to custom order a 15 but it's too rich for my blood at this time. Yes the 12 is private party. It's apr tune. Think I'm goin to pass on the 12' now that I've further thought about and weighed pros cons etc. I've also found a nice a6 leftover that I'm considering. Have a lot to think about I guess! But I'm loving all the input and advice. What exactly are the adaptive headlights and the adaptive dampening. I've seen the rear sports diff mentioned on a lot of models but not the dampening.
An A6 is very dissimilar to an s4, Adaptive headlights move as you turn the steering wheel. They are also a standard on Prestige s4s. Adaptive suspension is also an s4 option that lets you manually vary the suspension dampening based on road conditions and your ride comfort preference. As others have said, your CPO warranty will be voided (at least the engine and drivetrain portion) the first time you take the car in for service and their equipment AUTOMATICALLY, senses the tune. No way around it.

Last edited by DrGP; 11-23-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks for all the input guys. goin s4 shopping friday. so we will see what happens. also, in regards to an ecu tune. if you return the settings to stock prior to service shouldn't everything b fine. or can they somehow tell that it has been messed with. i have had my ford f150 ecoboost tuned since the first week i had it and always return it to stock settings before any service and have not had any issues....however i'm sure audi and ford service and warranty depts are a bit diff. just curious what others do, don't do, etc.... im not looking to mod out my car but a simple ecu flash would be great. def reading about how well these cars respond to it. but its not a necessity.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help on my first s4 purchase