S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New 2012 Monsoon Gray CPO S4. First Audi, first Post. Shout some tips!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. The light vibration/scrubbing on really tight turns is completely normal. Honestly I would see if you can get that rim/tire protection refunded. For that money /as mentioned above) you can replace all 4 wheels/tires. As for warm up..... I start the car, wait for the RPM to drop down from high idle (typically about 30 seconds) and go. Now in the middle of winter if I end up parked outside (at home I'm always in the garage) I may let it warm up longer to run the defrosters.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MVR 155
Congrats on the new ride. The light vibration/scrubbing on really tight turns is completely normal. Honestly I would see if you can get that rim/tire protection refunded. For that money /as mentioned above) you can replace all 4 wheels/tires. As for warm up..... I start the car, wait for the RPM to drop down from high idle (typically about 30 seconds) and go. Now in the middle of winter if I end up parked outside (at home I'm always in the garage) I may let it warm up longer to run the defrosters.
Thanks for all the tips. I really don't mind the $2200 of insurance for 5 years on the tires and rims. I go in and out of Boston and Worcester frequently and drive at night. I'd much rather have the piece of mind for $500 a year than not. I guess if I buy a second set of summer rims from Audi those are covered as well
Old 04-19-2015, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Won't argue with reasonableness of having a policy in Boston, but check pricing on the policy with FD Warranty. You may find the same exact policy for about 60% of the price paid at the local dealer.

Enjoy the car!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congrats and welcome ... Thoughts on a plan for your next moves

Originally Posted by EagleDynastyS4
Hi guys,

Been browsing around the site as a ghost for the past week or so. You are all extremely helpful. I just purchased a 2012 Monsoon Gray S4 CPO at 25,000 miles.

I got a good deal at a dealer that I had zero history with. I added the tire and rim protection plan for $2,295, thought it was a no brainier (Living in a pothole filled Boston, MA). I was going to add the interior exterior protection plans although, I know great detail shop near by that does great work.

I looked at both the A4 new and CPO A6. The A4 just seemed like a girl car (This is when I get yelled at). It had some boost but looking at it from the outside in, I just couldn't justify a purchase. I wanted a sports car. The A6 was amazing, it set an executive family man tone / look but I wanted a fun sports car look.

I am coming from TacomaWorld.com. I had a 2009 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD Off/Road lifted, that I beat the crap out of. Ripped it on the street and wrecked it on the trails. I will recommend a Tacoma to anyone. I beat the crap out of that thing and had not one repair. It was an absolute beast. I quit while I was ahead and went for a sports car (Fits my job better).

Just stopping in and welcoming myself, as well as looking for any tips to look out for with my purchase. I've been a bit weary about Audi's in the past and obviously hear the "They are fragile cars", I'm hoping to change this biased.

Shout out some S4 tips, check ups, or issues you may have had that I should look out for. Also, throw some forum advice my way. Tacoma World seems a lot more outrageous and outspoken then this site.

Thanks in advance for your responses,

AJ
1. Get some nice summer rims/tires and swap out all seasons with OEM rims
2. Add an H&R rear sway
3. Consider an exhaust upgrade
4. Coilovers
5. Brake upgrades
6. Engine mods
7 ... Etc.

Find a good mechanic and take care of it.

A good car out of the box. A great car with a few tweaks -esp. If you'd like to drive Watkins Glen with the Northeast division of the Audi Club 😎 . Do join. Lots of fun and in your hood.

Enjoy!
Old 04-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tna3
I believe it's due to the AWD system on the Audi which is always active. I also feel that on dry pavement. Should be normal.
I have the same thing with my 2013 S4 with 8k miles. Anytime I turn hard left or right I get the sound like the tire tread is pulling in the wrong direction. I havent had time to diagnose but I thought it was the front tires. thoughts?
Old 05-01-2015, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations on the new ride! One of the clicks is probably the ABS activating at about 7 mph.
Check out audizine.com if you haven't already. It's a more active forum.