S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New S4

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S4

Hey guys,

Got a couple questions. Im picking up my new CPO 2015 black S4 tomorrow night.

1. Is there any way I can make the supercharger louder without doing any significant modifications? I see some videos on youtube and some of the superchargers sound louder than others.

2. Are there any tunes that will not void my warranty or tunes that will be undetectable to the dealership? I really want to tune my car but I also really want to keep the CPO warranty because that was part of the reason why I got this specific one.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Old 12-22-2016, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

An aftermarket intake will enhance the supercharger whine. I'm not sure which specific one is best for sound enhancement. The only tune that has a chance of not voiding your warranty is a Chipwerke plug and play. It is a piggy back unit that can easily removed before service appointments https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2HQOF89VXXZJQ
Old 12-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
An aftermarket intake will enhance the supercharger whine. I'm not sure which specific one is best for sound enhancement. The only tune that has a chance of not voiding your warranty is a Chipwerke plug and play. It is a piggy back unit that can easily removed before service appointments https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2HQOF89VXXZJQ

I ordered the Roc Euro Intake. That should help. I will consider that tune as well. Thanks for the input
Old 12-22-2016, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan Arcari
I ordered the Roc Euro Intake. That should help. I will consider that tune as well. Thanks for the input
Roc Euro intakes used to be the gold standard of intakes, but many have had issues with shipping in the past, not sure if that is still the case. I can vouch for the Chipwerke piggyback, had it for 6 months, and recently removed it for service with no flags/issues, but beware as there are no absolutes, and like they say, "Pay to play."
Old 12-22-2016, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by togatown
Roc Euro intakes used to be the gold standard of intakes, but many have had issues with shipping in the past, not sure if that is still the case. I can vouch for the Chipwerke piggyback, had it for 6 months, and recently removed it for service with no flags/issues, but beware as there are no absolutes, and like they say, "Pay to play."
Good to know about your success with the Chipwerke and no dealer detection. I've been kicking around the idea of getting one. I have 5 months left on my extended warranty.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good to know about your success with the Chipwerke and no dealer detection. I've been kicking around the idea of getting one. I have 5 months left on my extended warranty.
Not to jack the thread, but it is a nice bang for the buck. There are some haters ( mostly the guys that have spent $$ for ECU flashes), but then there are also some running Stage 2 with Chipwerke in order to keep from bleeding boost too soon. Only downside is some DSG users have experienced varying degrees of shift lag depending on gearbox setting.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by togatown
Not to jack the thread, but it is a nice bang for the buck. There are some haters ( mostly the guys that have spent $$ for ECU flashes), but then there are also some running Stage 2 with Chipwerke in order to keep from bleeding boost too soon. Only downside is some DSG users have experienced varying degrees of shift lag depending on gearbox setting.
Is there a specific model for the 6MT vs DSG or just one variation?
Old 12-22-2016, 07:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I like the idea of a cheaper tune that is undetectable. The question is what makes it undetectable and why dont other companies do it too?
Old 12-23-2016, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is there a specific model for the 6MT vs DSG or just one variation?
I don't think there is any difference between transmissions. When I bought it, I told Marek that I had a DSG and used 93 octane exclusively, so I think it was set to 6-1, where I have left it with no problems. You can change settings on the box if necessary if you have any driveability issues.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jonathan Arcari
I like the idea of a cheaper tune that is undetectable. The question is what makes it undetectable and why dont other companies do it too?
There are two ways to tune, one is a piggyback that doesn't touch the ECU, but is not as refined, since it just manipulates the boost signal, and then counts on the ECU to react to keep it safe. The other is to reflash/reprogam the ECU itself, which can leave a "footprint" that it was altered, thereby giving you a "TD1" flag at the dealer. A lot of flash tuners offer "flash at home" capabilities and claim that you can flash back to stock before going to dealer and be all good. It really comes down to how badly your dealer wants to break your chops. Some claim to be "mod" friendly, but you never know when it comes down to it.
There has also been some talk lately, that now even piggys can be detected, but no definitive proof of that yet.

Quick Reply: New S4