S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Picked up my 2012 Monsoon Gray S4

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the factory rated 333 HP (crank), either your drivetrain losses are almost non-existent or the factory is playing with the published numbers. Assuming 15% DT loss, crank HP would be roughly 380. Not bad.

Whether you go with APR or StaSIS, I would recommend reading the posts on TD1/T10. Audi is now voiding the powertrain warranty on any vehicle with an aftermarket ECU tune, intake and exhaust.

Separate topic, how is the leather holding up? I have ordered a MY13 S4 with the same interior scheme. I am wondering if the silver holds-up well to everyday use.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MonSoonHell
Thought I would revive my thread. If you are wondering what a stock 2012 S4 6MT does on a dyno...well yesterday it happened to MonSoonHell. Only look at the Horsepower..not the Torque. Unless I really have a one of a kind from the factory...LOL!
How much do these curves vary with comfort/auto/dynamic modes?
Old 05-07-2012, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NHman
With the factory rated 333 HP (crank), either your drivetrain losses are almost non-existent or the factory is playing with the published numbers. Assuming 15% DT loss, crank HP would be roughly 380. Not bad.

Whether you go with APR or StaSIS, I would recommend reading the posts on TD1/T10. Audi is now voiding the powertrain warranty on any vehicle with an aftermarket ECU tune, intake and exhaust.

Separate topic, how is the leather holding up? I have ordered a MY13 S4 with the same interior scheme. I am wondering if the silver holds-up well to everyday use.
It is well known that Audi has low balled the numbers when it comes to the B8 S4. The average horsepower ratings to the tires are anywhere from 290 - 315. Of course depending on where you are located. Right now, I am leaning towards STaSIS. For the money, the Touring Package seems to be the best bang for the buck (exhaust, rim/tire package, suspension and tune).

The silver in the leather is pretty easy to get dirty...I am always cleaning them, it seems.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MonSoonHell
It is well known that Audi has low balled the numbers when it comes to the B8 S4. The average horsepower ratings to the tires are anywhere from 290 - 315. Of course depending on where you are located. Right now, I am leaning towards STaSIS. For the money, the Touring Package seems to be the best bang for the buck (exhaust, rim/tire package, suspension and tune).

The silver in the leather is pretty easy to get dirty...I am always cleaning them, it seems.
Slightly off-topic but if I recall you had posted that the drivers seat was uncomfortable. Have your views changed?

STaSIS tends to be a bit more conservative with the tuning. It will be interesting to see the impact of the recent merger with REVO. Either way your powertrain warranty will be voided by Audi. It seems that have embraced a zero tolerance policy on aftermarket components.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NHman
Slightly off-topic but if I recall you had posted that the drivers seat was uncomfortable. Have your views changed?

STaSIS tends to be a bit more conservative with the tuning. It will be interesting to see the impact of the recent merger with REVO. Either way your powertrain warranty will be voided by Audi. It seems that have embraced a zero tolerance policy on aftermarket components.
My views have changed somewhat....I am still touching the seat controls..but now it is only forward or backwards. We are talking inches though. One major thing I am doing is not carrying my weapon on my side, but sticking my gun in the small of my back with no holster. Even though you continue to mention that Audi will void my warranty. They will flag my car...but the dealership I am going too has not had any issues when it comes to warranty work with Audi. More people have gone with APR than STaSIS.

Regardless, I have no reason to believe that something will go wrong with my S4, especially since I am not one to track it, nor go down the quarter mile. The main reason is the quality of parts already in the S4 from factory and that STaSIS is conservative with its tune. But, let me put it this way...I had a tuned TBSS and was able to receive a brand new transmission when I grenaded it at 43000 miles. It really depends on the dealer. And since this dealer is mod friendly and proving it by installing the mod components, I believe the odds are in my favor for a favorable outcome, in the event something does go wrong.

We shall see...
Old 05-07-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by EF99
How much do these curves vary with comfort/auto/dynamic modes?
Should have mentioned that the first run was with the Drive Select in AUTO. For the second and third run, they were in DYNAMIC mode.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Alright...just got back from the dealer with the STaSIS Challenge Package Exhaust and Touring Package Suspension (springs and larger rear sway bar). Definitely lower than I had thought, but I like it. Not sure about the handling as of yet, but the exhaust is definitely deeper and louder (not obnoxious). Here are the pictures. Will video the exhaust soon.

Saving the best view for last...

And yes, I know...I know... I plan on getting spacers. Too far in for my taste. Plus, I plan on using the current rims for my winter setup. I am still open to which rims I want...but they have to be 20x9s all around.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Those tips stick out WAY to far. I would bring it back and have them adjusted.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Going to have to give a big thumbs down. The tailpipes are terrible.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
Those tips stick out WAY to far. I would bring it back and have them adjusted.
+1

Also, I have yet to do anything to my exhaust, but personally, I really prefer the look of oval tips versus round. Then again, it's your car.

Quick Reply: Picked up my 2012 Monsoon Gray S4