S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

REVO ECU for b8 s4

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll have to agree, with the way that ECU's have progressed, how much Audi is leveraging them to make so many adjustments and calculations, as well as introduction of direct injection and variable valve control (which is the obvious next itteration of this engine I think), you could easily get far outside of your ability and cause significant harm to your engine.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
Nice to see an unbiased post.
LOL

To the OP. I have a REVO tune and it works great. Lot's of power and great every day driveability.

Great gas mileage too if you don't step on it http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...o-fuel-economy check thread #27

Cheers
Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the revo tune for a few weeks and love it. I dyno'd before and after on the same dyno and saw about 76hp gain (also had an AWE intake fwiw).

Here's the before after graph
Name:  stock_v_flash.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  170.8 KB

Just sharing my situation for the OP. Not trying to start anything with Saki!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ImprobabilityDrive
Just sharing my situation for the OP. Not trying to start anything with Saki!
hey dude, honest people with their feet on the ground will never have a problem with me. Liars, scammers, cheaters and **** talkers will though. Anyway, I look at it like this:

1. having new choices in tunes will be great for you guys because it will improve all of the tunes. Nevermind the maps...just the fact that APR is busting their *** to make flashing at dealers available is great for you guys, and its only because REVO is showing they can do this now that they put that plan into overdrive. Without REVO offering flashes, I bet APR would never have stalled on that till the middle/end of next year.

2. if you guys buy tunes from a company that only makes tunes (REVO/GIAC), you won't be funding APR's development of future go fast parts for your cars. That's good for us RS4 guys so we can keep up so by all means, buy REVO and GIAC!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano

2. if you guys buy tunes from a company that only makes tunes (REVO/GIAC), you won't be funding APR's development of future go fast parts for your cars. That's good for us RS4 guys so we can keep up so by all means, buy REVO and GIAC!
LOL nice
Old 01-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
lol

One guy dyno'd HIS DAD'S car with a REVO tune and it got 384 whp on a dyno that constantly reads way higher than just about any other dyno on earth. (yes, that's auditurd2.0T's dad's B8 S4...and he pretends its his just like he used to pretend his dad's RS4 was his...and used to lie about quarter mile results achieved with that car etc.) He is also one of the least respected, most-likely-to-lie scammers on these here Audi forums.

Take the 384 whp number and throw it out. Wait for about 10 different dyno numbers (if you really must base a decision on dyno numbers, even though you're going to drive your car on the road/track/strip, not the dyno) and then get a feel for the peak whp, peak wtq, curve and overall delta vs. stock on that same car same dyno...and then get excited.

Until then, it's just a bunch of noise and marketing.

REVO has developed a tune, no hardware (and won't), and a lot of internet arguments. Their 384 whp poster boy is a lying scumbag who was laughed out of every forum he has posted on for cheating, lying and basically being an all around low quality individual who nobody trusts anything that comes out of his mouth. I'm sure REVO are nice guys, even though the company was started when a couple of guys bolted their APR jobs with APR's computers and trade secrets to start REVO. I'm also sure their tune will be decent, but they're not putting another penny into your car...so you're just kind of giving them your money, rather than investing in the devlopement of your platform.

GIAC has developed half of a tune, no hardware (and won't). Their poster boy is another lying scammer who was laughed out of the RS4 forum when caught lying about the capabilities of his VF supercharger, tuned by GIAC. Turns out he was a compensated under the table spokesman for VF, used in guerrilla marketing to pretend to just be a happy customer to promote the **** kit. He is also a GIAC dealer. Starting to make sense yet?

APR has been hitting it out of the park with this car for over a year. They are investing in your platform, and have developed good software that WORKS, an exhaust, a pulley, a pulley tune, a cooling system upgrade, an intake, and are hoping to give you a stage III supercharger upgrade of some sorts.

Why people would want to abandon the one company who is supporting your platform in favour of a REVO dyno from a notorious douchebag is beyond me.

OP - you may not have known all this, so I don't want you to think I'm yelling at you. I just get tired of watching people get misled and sold hype without seeing the bigger picture. For the record, I'm also an 'APR hater' according to many on this site, so if I'm recommend you give APR your money, despite earning that moniker, that should tell you it's a pretty frigging clear recommendation.
You should be thankful to REVO for coming out with a better stage 1 tune than APR. That made APR scramble to get a v2.0 out so you guys can have at least the same...

As to the hardware, there are other companies making as good or even better exhausts and intakes than APR so good for all of us.
If APR would be the only game in town it would be great!! lol only one taste of koolaid at the price they want to charge us.

Competition is good. Don't be afraid, you will still be able to buy all your stuff APR, even your clothes
Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tribe
You should be thankful to REVO for coming out with a better stage 1 tune than APR. That made APR scramble to get a v2.0 out so you guys can have at least the same...
LOL! Really? All but one set of times I have seen for Revo tuned S4's are less than impressive... I could care less about dyno #'s since we don't drive/race our cars on dynos... I won't call Auditude's numbers BS because he posted legit timeslips and had witnesses... I am just not sold that they were done on 93 fuel... Not to mention they were run in basically a mineshaft with -1300 DA's... As for APR scrambling... Go back and read some of my dragracing posts... I haven't been on v1 for quite a while...
Old 01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
LOL! Really? All but one set of times I have seen for Revo tuned S4's are less than impressive... I could care less about dyno #'s since we don't drive/race our cars on dynos... I won't call Auditude's numbers BS because he posted legit timeslips and had witnesses... I am just not sold that they were done on 93 fuel... Not to mention they were run in basically a mineshaft with -1300 DA's... As for APR scrambling... Go back and read some of my dragracing posts... I haven't been on v1 for quite a while...
Ok I'll go read some of your dragracing posts. In the meantime could you PM me the price and availability of a set of paddle shifters for my S4?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime
LOL! Really? All but one set of times I have seen for Revo tuned S4's are less than impressive... I could care less about dyno #'s since we don't drive/race our cars on dynos...
Agreed, I think 1/4 times are more relevant in real world. I just posted the dyno graph because it seemed more relevant to OP's question.

I ran a 13.14 @ 104 stock, and with the tune the best I could do was 12.89 @ 108. Conditions were pretty similar both days, but with the tune my launch control isn't working properly, so I royally screwed up the launch on just about every run (1.9 and higher 60 ft all day, vs 1.7 when stock). I couldn't get it right and as the day got warmer the times just got slower. The 4mph increase in trap speed was consistent and that made me happy. I think when LC is fixed it should do another tenth or two quicker (or if I can practice the non-LC method and get it down well enough). This is on 91 oct.

For now I think APR stage 2 is still king of the hill, that extra torque down low makes a big difference. For reference, on the day that I ran 13.14 @ 104 stock, there was a stage 2 car there (on 100 oct) running consistent 12/2 @ 112.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tribe
Ok I'll go read some of your dragracing posts. In the meantime could you PM me the price and availability of a set of paddle shifters for my S4?
Sure I'll shoot you a PM in a minute... Also, sorry I was heading to a meeting and made my reply quickly and as I re-read it I sounded kind of like a dick which wasn't my intent...

Originally Posted by ImprobabilityDrive
Agreed, I think 1/4 times are more relevant in real world. I just posted the dyno graph because it seemed more relevant to OP's question.

I ran a 13.14 @ 104 stock, and with the tune the best I could do was 12.89 @ 108. Conditions were pretty similar both days, but with the tune my launch control isn't working properly, so I royally screwed up the launch on just about every run (1.9 and higher 60 ft all day, vs 1.7 when stock). I couldn't get it right and as the day got warmer the times just got slower. The 4mph increase in trap speed was consistent and that made me happy. I think when LC is fixed it should do another tenth or two quicker (or if I can practice the non-LC method and get it down well enough). This is on 91 oct.

For now I think APR stage 2 is still king of the hill, that extra torque down low makes a big difference. For reference, on the day that I ran 13.14 @ 104 stock, there was a stage 2 car there (on 100 oct) running consistent 12/2 @ 112.
Totally agree... Also, as Saki has pointed out numerous times APR is developing the whole platform not just the tune... That however, doesn't mean the other tunes aren't as good or can't be better... I just would like to see more data and support... It will be another fun spring/summer/fall for the platform... I plan to be 11.5 or lower on this blower and with no spray!

Quick Reply: REVO ECU for b8 s4