S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

RS4 grill for b8.5 s4

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Good to know, thanks. I'm thinking about getting the RS grill because it looks great (and I'm beyond caring if somebody else thinks I'm a poser). I like how the honeycomb looks consistent with the fog light surrounds.
+1
Old 09-25-2013, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CaseyS4
I know there is no RS4 in the US and in Europe the RS 4 is an estate...but they do have the RS5 in the US.

So here is where the "issue" comes in....I am at the light...I see your honeycomb grill facing me head on....I think cool...here comes an RS5....then as you come closer I get confused...like no its not an RS5 what is that...oh an S4 with an "RS" honeycomb grill.

As the observer....you feel "cheated"....you thought you were going to see a rare "RS"....but nope.
I see your point but anyone who knows an Audi well enough to recognize an RS4 grill should notice that this rare "RS" has 4 doors but isn't a wagon or a coupe. I don't think there will be a lot of room for confusion. Anyways was I couldn't care less if you feel "cheated" because I'm customized my car for me not an "observer".
Old 09-26-2013, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok. But you realize that is the same exact view as the guy who slaps M badges all over his 328i? He says....I like it....I don't care what people think....you really want to be like that dude? Anything goes?

My point was not that you cannot customize your car...that you cannot "make it your own"...yes you certainly can.

My only point is that there are a few "sacred" things that we should respect...do not slap M badges all over your BMW if your BMW is not an M car....do not do a Honeycomb grill...if your Audi is not an RS....do not slap Turbo on your 911 if its not a 911 Turbo.

Be original...show your "unique" sense of style...just try not to be a poser...that is the anti theseis of unique...respect the hallmarks...respect the very rare cues that make the M and RS models "special". Don't rip them off in the name of needing to express your own uniques style and taste.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Looks awesome. This may be on my radar, I think it would look great on the Ibis White.

Curious how it looks with a front plate mounted on it though. Damn Texas requires it.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by beermonkey
Looks awesome. This may be on my radar, I think it would look great on the Ibis White.

Curious how it looks with a front plate mounted on it though. Damn Texas requires it.
My mesh grille arrived from ECS Tuning. Putting it on next week. Can't wait to see how it looks with the Ibis White. I'll post a couple photos so you can see.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GRMick
My mesh grille arrived from ECS Tuning. Putting it on next week. Can't wait to see how it looks with the Ibis White. I'll post a couple photos so you can see.
Here are some pics of our Glacier White S4 with this grille installed.

Jason
Old 09-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think I live the black border better than the chrome.

Jason, the top image looks like has chrome, and the bottom looks like it has a black border. IS it just lighting?
Old 09-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by greydout
I think I live the black border better than the chrome.

Jason, the top image looks like has chrome, and the bottom looks like it has a black border. IS it just lighting?
The top is the chrome version and the bottom is the black version.

Jason
Old 10-03-2013, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

ECS mesh grille with chrome surround installed today.
Attached Images    

Last edited by GRMick; 10-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Looks exactly as badass as I thought it would on white. Damn, looks like its time to get one

Quick Reply: RS4 grill for b8.5 s4