S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 vs M5

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 11:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime
LOL!

That's a nice coherent response... Drinking, son?

What relevance is it that he's a doctor? I'm not even sure he is and again not sure why that is relevant in this discussion? Shall we compare degrees? W2's? I'm game...

Not sure why he bought an S4? He's had 3 so he must like them... Me I fell in love with the B5 when I was young and have owned an S4 ever since 1999... Sorry, I enjoy modding and testing cars, heck I thought that's what sites like this were about... The good doctor has owned a few as well I'm well aware of that... I have no problem with him he just made a stupid comment from someone who was trying to see how his car would do with additional mods... I corrected him and have real life experience to back my comments up unlike the doctor...

I don't think what cars I've beaten I actually go out and beat them... You know real life experience? You should try it sometime... I spanked the new stingray I ran it was hilarious really, 10+ lengths... Car ran fine and the driver wasn't horrible... Do you think every vette driver is John Force? Actually quite the opposite but since you live in an internet world you wouldn't know that...

Just so we're clear newb, I posted to help educate the OP, at no point did he state what year or model M5 now did he son? Again, a well equipped stage II B8 S4 will do find against a F10 M5 from a dig in the 1/8-1/4... I could care less what your dyno chart magazine boy racer attitude and arrogance thinks... Go out and actually test your car you might have fun... Until then don't comment on things you have no idea about...

Oh and not sure why you'd site post count? I've been around a long time just like the doctor, I just choose not to open my mouth and spew BS all the time like he does... You should try that approach sometime son... Got it newb...

Sorry you had to waste time on my son...
Nope, no drinking, much more of a pot smoker. Although you think you know everything (you dont), make all the assumptions you want and toss all the labels you want around, it really helps your character.

What relevance is it that he's a doctor? Like I said, if he wanted a faster car, he would have bought a faster car. Well within his means, no shadow of a doubt. As you have said, he's owned several S4s. Clearly, he likes them just the way they are. Again, leave it to you to deny or assert whatever you want with zero evidence because you know everything about everyone.

His comment was fine. In my opinion, you were the one that made the stupid comment. You completely invalidated his response by asking him, rhetorically, if he's modded any of his cars. To prove how stupid your comment was, he basically mocked your stupid comment by showing a picture of his car with a shark fin. The comment was funny, it was in no way antagonistic. You were the one who got their knickers all bunched up. Seriously, man, get over yourself. No one cares about your ego here.

Youre right, man, IF the OP makes no mention of what M5 it was (could have been an E28, or heck, a 328 with M5 badges off Ebay with your no-conclusive-evidence-so-everthings-still-on-the-table kind of logic), and IF they race from a dig, and IF the S4 has a stage II tune, and IF the race is short, then the M5 is challenged. Sure, youre right in that one, exact scenario.

However, in every other practical sense an M5 will destroy an S4. Here's a timeslip for a stock F10 M5. Thats over a full second faster than a stock S4.

F10 M5 ran 11.78 quarter mile at the drag strip last night!

Again, I think DrGPs advice is more sound than your ego-driven response and approach. DrGP offered a very plausible and reasonable response to the OPs question, where you just trolled, threw your ego around, and offered no response, even though you claimed later, "Just so we're clear newb, I posted to help educate the OP." At no point in this thread have you said *anything* that would have helped the OP. Youve literally done nothing more than troll DrGP and troll me.

Heres a link to your 1/4 mile run:

https://www.youtube.com/watchv=NdppF7nV3OQ&feature=youtu.be

Aaaaaand.......here's the Corvette. "Chevrolet claims the Z06 sprinted through the benchmark 0-to-60-mph measure in just 2.95 seconds and that it annihilated the quarter-mile in an equally impressive 10.95 at 127 mph."

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 0?60 and 1/4-Mile Times Announced! ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Please explain how your slower car beat a much faster car by 10+ car lengths.

I especially like how, at the end, you claim DrGP spews BS all the time. Seriously, youre a complete joke. Classic small-peenis-but-look-at-my-fast-car syndrome. You know nothing, absolutely nothing. You think you do, but you dont. Just because youre more of a ***** when trying to land your plane doesnt make you any more right. You have zero evidence to back up any of your ridiculous claims.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Sigh... Well put the bong down and focus because you aren't very good at reading and comprehending...

You summed it up when you said in my opinion, that's it in your opinion I made a stupid comment, do you fly off the handle every time you have a different opinion? Again, I used facts to support all my point, you use opinions... Got it...

That one scenario you mention IE a short street race from light to light, or an on ramp or at the dragstrip is EXACTLY the scenario that the OP is talking about and I even said that in my post... Again, can you read and comprehend? I'm thinking you can't and you've kind of proved that several times over with your "opinions"... Facts man facts...

So how is the doctors advice more sound? The OP owns an S4 that he's modded and wants to mod further... The doctor told him to dump the car and buy a $50K vette or put a new motor in his S4, really you think that's sound advice and trying to help him? No that's being a smart *** on a topic he has no clue on... He's never modded or raced his S4 so he doesn't know, kind of like you... Are you following yet, son?

Glad you spent some time to track down one of my passes, another prudent use of your time you said you didn't like to spend, which is it?

So yep in that pass I went 11.50 at 123, which ironically is faster than the precious M5 time you posted. You do realize 11.50 is faster than 11.78, right? Nice to know you're not very good at math either so I'll be clear that's .28 faster or about 3 car lengths in the 1/4 mile... I also out trapped your precious M5 by 4mph which means he isn't catching me for a while after the 1/4 ends... So tell me again how a stage II S4 can't beat a M5 or new stingraY?

Oh and now you're going to change the corvette to the halo corvette a Z06, please show me one that costs 50K since that was the figure the good doctor threw out. Please post a link to a new Z06 at 50K, I'll buy it today sight unseen... I'm not holding my breath... So just so we're clear and sticking to facts I never claimed to have beaten a new z06 it was a new stingray and yes I beat him by 10 cars, it was you who brought up a z06 to fit your argument which is based on opinions and no facts or experience... Heck my car was faster then a stock stingray when it was stage I like OP's... the video's out there go find it troll... lol

Finally, I like how you continue to call me names and antagonize the situation shows your maturity... People like you resort to name calling since well they can't use facts to argue and hate that their opinions are flat out WRONG!
Old 11-12-2015, 03:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Man, you just dont quit.

I posted plenty of facts. I suggest you try summer school. I could slap you in the face and even do you a favor by using a dictionary. Kinda seems like you cant tell the difference between the words "fact" and "opinion". Lol, leave it to someone like you to call anyone's opinions wrong. Or even right. Opinions are neither right nor wrong. They need no validation. They just are. If I say, "Oh, look at this Cool-Hand-Luke-go-Speedracer-go wannabe over here thinking he's the coolest thing since sliced bread cus he has a modded car and an ego the size of Mount Everest", I can claim thats my opinion. It needs no validation from you to exist. Thats a fact.

"a short street race from light to light, or an on ramp or at the dragstrip is EXACTLY the scenario that the OP is talking about and I even said that in my post" Actually, no its not. You just brought up THREE different scenarios.....how can that be EXACTLY the ONE scenario the OP was talking about? Revelation: it cant aaaand there's another fact.

"i met the m5 and of course the light was red no car in front of us on the expressway so it was on" THATS what the OP was talking about, which is another FACT for you, or, I guess "opinion" as you seem to want to call them by this point. Basically sounds like a quarter mile run or thereabouts to me.

" Heck my car was faster then a stock stingray when it was stage I like OP's" Oh, really? See, this is actually an opinion. If it were a fact, it would be true, which it isnt. 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible Compare Car 0-60 mph 3.8 | Quarter mile 12.0 Chevrolet 0-60 Times & Chevrolet Quarter Mile Times | Chevy Corvette, Camaro, Chevelle, Blazer & Nova 0 to 60 stats! Stage I tunes dont run a 12-second flat (another fact, keeping score yet, ace?). "Even I" know that, and you know what, I know you know that, too, so stop it with your over-inflated ego.

"So how is the doctors advice more sound? The OP owns an S4 that he's modded and wants to mod further... The doctor told him to dump the car and buy a $50K vette or put a new motor in his S4, really you think that's sound advice and trying to help him?" I do think thats sound advice and trying to help him out. Thats my opinion, youre welcome to yours. "No that's being a smart *** on a topic he has no clue on... He's never modded or raced his S4 so he doesn't know, kind of like you..." Actually, thats not being a smart ***. That was his honest opinion. Incidentally, look at the pot calling the kettle black with your smart *** comment. Hey, I have a Honda Civic, if I put a bunch of GReddy stickers on my car and spray paint my hubcaps black, can I beat a Bugatti Veyron. I dont need to know a whole lot about modding either car to know that the general answer to that question is, basically, "no". When will you realize your ego isnt winning any arguments here?

(Here's why its sound advice)
"i do plan on getting the stage 2 pulley upgrade and replace the intake fillter and not sure yet but most likey awe exhaust so now i'm curious would those mods make the s4 a true competitor against the m5 if not what mod's are capable to get the s4 to m5 speed." So, youre trying to say a stage II pulley swap, pretty intake filter and maybe an exhaust would make the S4 a true competitor against the M5? Youre smoking WAY more weed than I do if you think thats true. There's more to track performace than your silly quarter mile times. (Ive lost count, but there's another fact for you.)

"So tell me again how a stage II S4 can't beat a M5 or new stingraY" Here you go, Einstein.

"With Stage 2 + DSG (i.e. DCT) tune on the B8.5 S4, I've logged 11.91s to 1/4mi on 100octane"

M3 vs Audi S4 Stage2

2013 BMW M5 Compare Car 0-60 mph 3.6 | Quarter mile 11.8

BMW 0-60 Times & BMW Quarter Mile Times | BMW M6, X5, i3, M3, M1 & Z4 0 to 60 stats!

What does your car have to do with any of this, unless you just need to feed your ego even more, which seems like an endless job to me at this point? Surely, for what youve spent buying and modding your S4, someone else could have bought that Z06. Sucks to be you, man, and thats my opinion. Ive provided PLENTY of facts, yet again. All you can do is marginalize other people and bring your car into arguments where it doesnt belong. Im sorry that Extenze isnt working out for you, but over-compensating by trying to self-inflate your own ego doenst make you look any better, either. Great, your car is fast, thats awesome. You claim you make lots of money, great, thats awesome, too. Neither of those things make you a better person. Youre too busy whipping out your ruler for a dick-measuring contest everywhere you go. I cant stand ego-maniacs like you. I admire DrGP's composure and maturity. Surely, he's a better man than me.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Old 11-12-2015, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL! You're really clueless...

So now you're going to slap me eh, nice threat tough guy... I'm pretty sure you wouldn't dare lay a hand on me if we met but it's easy to be an internet tough guy isn't it... I won't stoop to your level on this one as I don't think it's very nice to threaten people but given you don't have the intellect to put up a constructive fact based argument I guess I should have expected you to resort to being a tough guy...

Yep, my S4 went 12.0 stage I, sorry you haven't been around long and have no clue what the car you own is capable of... Video is out there go watch it...

Again, please quit putting words in my mouth... My comments were in direct relation to a straight line race to a 1/8 or 1/4 mile and I've stated that over and over. You're the one that keeps bringing up all these other scenarios not me. Never said the S4 was a more track capable car than the stingray or M5, so again please don't put words in my mouth... Also, on the street the S4 is even more capable because of AWD, since traction and driver skill comes into play less, but you wouldn't understand that so I won't bother...

You just keep looking dumber and dumber man so please stop... You posted an M5 time that IS SLOWER than my S4, what don't you get? Sure mod for mod that $100K plus M5 is faster never said it isn't...

I really appreciate it if you quit the name calling and threats and stick to talking cars as that's what most folks are here for. You keep saying I have an ego and such but you're the one that keeps going with the insults and such, not sure why? Oh that's right because you're wrong... I realize you've been here for about 2 months so I get it you're clueless... Maybe listen to some of us who have owned the car for several years and know what it's capable of...

As for why I brought up my car it was to refute the doctors statement since you know I actually have a stage II car and have performance tested it unlike you and the doctor, in the real world that's called experience and people who actually have experience are usually considered more credible them gum flappers like you...

I'm actually very calm and just smh that you are acting in this manner... You have no facts and your opinions are laced with several falacy's... I have no interest in being your friend remember you want to slap me, but wouldn't dare if I was standing there... If you're anywhere near Ohio I'll be at Thompson dragway this Sat. in a Sepang blue TTRS and next weekend in my slow Quartz grey S4 come on by and slap me I dare you... lol Tough guy!
Old 11-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I love you, Ron

Old 11-13-2015, 08:41 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime
Yeah, real great comeback... I mean he's owned what 3 s4's now and hasn't modded or drag/road raced any of them, yet he's an acceleration expert... I see... OP makes no mention of what model M5 and even a brand new one is challenged from a dig and quite honestly very close to a well running stage II and in a short race the M5 loses in most situations... He tells the OP to get a C7 or drop a new motor in his S4, what useful and insightful information that is... No wonder this site doesn't get any traffic, shame really...
Actually, I've owned 4 S4s if you include the b6. I think you may be a little bit too serious. These forums Can be about having fun and being facetious. No disrespect intended. FYI , I have a degree as a Doctor of Dental Surgery(Retired). And I find that my stock S4s provide as much performance as I need or can use on the street

Last edited by DrGP; 11-13-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for weighing in Dr. ...

… I watched this thread with amusement than discouragement as the threats mounted over, what is after all, kind of a silly argument. I loved your shark fin.

It is no doubt, a fact, that with enough dollars spent and willingness to forgo drivability and reliability an S4 can be made "faster" than almost any car on the road. Remember, F1 engineers were getting 1000hp from 4-cylinder BMW E30 blocks but had to weld the heads because they often exploded.

If someone wants to set up an S4 to win drag races, well power to you as this is all about the passion for the marque.

But really, if 1/4 or 1/8 mile times were critical, why not start with a beast better designed for the purpose and likely cheaper to repair? Drag racing using a BMW M5 sounds like an even worse proposition given the cost of repairs.

To me, my S4 and S5 are about the right elements of balance in their design philosophy; fast sedans or coupes that have a strong practical side. In fact, they do a better job than my RS5, which kind of tries too hard to be a real sports car, when it is a better GT.

I hope the protagonists in this bout can laugh it off and continue to enjoy their cars, however and to what degree they choose to modify them.

Happy Motoring (I hope!)

Eric

Last edited by eric strauss; 11-14-2015 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:42 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default primetime

"No wonder this site doesn't get any traffic, shame really"...you may be a part of this reason you talk of.
Yeah, I been away awhile and now I remember why.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I was going to post my opinion here, but decided against it since I am too much a "newb"
to have any credibility.

All kidding aside, where does one get that sweet antenna cover? It would go great with the name...

Quick Reply: S4 vs M5