S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sprint Blue 2010 Audi S4 - Great Color!

Old 01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Quattro Steven
I agree that Sprint Blue is an absolutely beautiful color. The roads in the US have gotten pretty bland the past 10-20 years. They are oceans of white, black, and gray/silver cars these days. Having grown up in the '70s and early '80s, I remember when all sorts of colors (even ones not flattering to automobiles) could be seen in everyday driving.

Thanks for the pics, Scott. Shots like this are helpful to let people see what the colors look like when it's not a perfectly sunny day. The more pics we can get of various lighting conditions the better.
I kinda like the Yellow (Imola?). With the black interior it really pops. I haven't decided on that color yet, probably don't want to be a cop magnet. My other choice would be Quartz Gray.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I kinda like the Yellow (Imola?). With the black interior it really pops. I haven't decided on that color yet, probably don't want to be a cop magnet. My other choice would be Quartz Gray.
I'm not sure I've seen an Imola B8 S4 yet online. There's a few press shots, and I think a track video, but I don't think we've seen any owner shots yet.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

While talking about this color, I'd like to ask a question to Scott Mitchell. When a customer brings in a trade such as this Sprint Blue S4, is the rare or "bright" color a positive or negative? I know common colors like white, black, grey, and silver sell the easiest, so does that make owning a bright blue car a tough trade in the end? I was all set to get a medium blue A4 when my dad brought up the resale idea and I backed out.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Comso
So, tomorrow is Sprint Blue day. I can't wait.
Just closing the loop, picked her up at about 10am this morning. First delivery on here in 2010?

LOVE it. It's taken me 10 years to get this car, but the wait was well worth it.
Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Very nice, congrats!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Comso
Just closing the loop, picked her up at about 10am this morning. First delivery on here in 2010?

LOVE it. It's taken me 10 years to get this car, but the wait was well worth it.
Yeah, I picked up my S4 a couple days before the end of the year (Dec. 30th) and think I was the last one in 2009. I'm very happy with my Meteor Gray, but your Sprint Blue S4 is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Good Question

Originally Posted by SFV A4
While talking about this color, I'd like to ask a question to Scott Mitchell. When a customer brings in a trade such as this Sprint Blue S4, is the rare or "bright" color a positive or negative? I know common colors like white, black, grey, and silver sell the easiest, so does that make owning a bright blue car a tough trade in the end? I was all set to get a medium blue A4 when my dad brought up the resale idea and I backed out.
It is important to consider resale when optioning your car and color is a big factor. On an S4 I don't think Sprint Blue or yellow are going to hurt resale at all, they may even help. Every vehicle is different and Audi does not make any "unsellable" colors like the VW Golf Harlequin. All this being said I still think silvers, black, white, gray and neutral colors have the best resale for the majority of cars.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by iamaudi.com
On an S4 I don't think Sprint Blue or yellow are going to hurt resale at all, they may even help.
I'm not sure I completely agree with this - maybe it depends on where you live. Our local dealer has had a Yellow S4 Prestige with 6MT, Sport Diff and carbon fiber on their showroom for two months now. They can't move it - no one wants yellow. I've driven it twice
Old 01-02-2010, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mellow_sparky
I'm not sure I completely agree with this - maybe it depends on where you live. Our local dealer has had a Yellow S4 Prestige with 6MT, Sport Diff and carbon fiber on their showroom for two months now. They can't move it - no one wants yellow. I've driven it twice
I hear you. And I think I know which dealership you're talking about.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Barrier or University?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sprint Blue 2010 Audi S4 - Great Color!