S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Supercharger Badge for $33 vs. dealer at $125

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m444
I paid around $33 each for the supercharged badges at Carlson Audi in Palo Alto.

The link http://genuineaudiparts.com is a discount web parts interface through Audi Miramar

Rector Audi has one also; http://www.audiporschevwparts.com/
ahh i see
Old 08-09-2011, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jjchenS4
I order two red supercharged badge from ECS two weeks ago.

total $70 plus shipping and take me about 20min to install the badge.

looks great, I can not believe dealer charge $125 per side......

that is just plain rip off!!!
Yeah, my dealer said $200 for both at time of order - do it now or it will cost $250 later!! I said no thanks and did them myself later for about $60 plus shipping.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you buy it from a website, how do you know how to line it up perfectly and where exactly it should go. Also what do you put on the badge to make it stick to the car and stay? Thanks.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

YBH Audi in Newtown Square, Pa won't do the badge swap. I went in there to set it up and the service guy made me an appointment. They wanted to charge $40 bucks for it and then when I came in the service manager comes out and says they want to do it and I have to go to a body shop.

Typical of YBH, they are a pain in the *** every time I have tried to work with them. They also won't do any kind of after market install or won't even look at your car if you have aftermarket products.

Their prices are high, they think they are something special when they are a little shop thriving on existing customers with money in our area, and act like they're doing their customers a favor. When in reality all they are going to do is bend you over and tell you to have a coke and a smile. Last time I go to that place ever.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audifan22
If you buy it from a website, how do you know how to line it up perfectly and where exactly it should go. Also what do you put on the badge to make it stick to the car and stay? Thanks.

badges come with 3m adhesive on the back that you just peel off and press on the car. I ended up doing it myself after the dealer was a pain in the A$$. Very easy. Also, check eBay often as I found badges from china that are exact OEM reproductions. For 3 badges it was $34 bucks + free shipping. I did they got pulled off by eBay for copyright infringement a week or two after I got them, but who knows they will mask themselves again and be right back on eBay.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edoc/...eplacement.pdf
Old 08-09-2011, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealership installed badges give you more horsepower than the ones you install yourself
Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Adhesive is on the back and a down-loadable template is used to line them up perfectly. It easy. Stay away from anything that is not genuine Audi, I suspect you will be sorry when they tarnish, fade, corrode, etc.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Supercharged/ES1904512/
Old 08-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by helix139
The dealership installed badges give you more horsepower than the ones you install yourself
LOL~~

I took the photo of my newly installed supercharged badge on my facebook with description "0.5 extra horse power!!" XD
Old 08-10-2011, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RedMagma2011S4
Adhesive is on the back and a down-loadable template is used to line them up perfectly. It easy. Stay away from anything that is not genuine Audi, I suspect you will be sorry when they tarnish, fade, corrode, etc.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Supercharged/ES1904512/
Where can I find the template? Do you have a link?

Quick Reply: Supercharger Badge for $33 vs. dealer at $125