Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 180156

Default trunk won't open

The other day my dad kind of closed the trunk weird. It's like he was trying to do it gently and not touch the paint, and maybe he half closed it or something. Anyway, I'm not sure but I may have opened it again after that. Last night I was at the airport and I couldn't get it open with the remote button or the trunk button on the driver's side door. I was able to crawl in the trunk and open it with the child emergency latch. But no dice on the auto-open.

I guess I have to bring it in and have them fix it under warranty?

2015 Boxster 2.7 PDK, white, radar cruise control, dynamic headlights
2010 Audi S4 6MT, JHM Clutch/Flywheel, REVO pulley & tune (370awhp on Mustang dyno), AP Racing 380mm BBK, Pagid Yellow RS29 pads, APR CPS, BBS CX-R, Pilot Sport Cup 2
westwest888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 77912

this happened to me as well (key wouldn't work, switch on door wouldn't work)...I took it in to the dealer and for some reason the valet mode had been switched on (I do not remember ever hitting the button but but c'est la vie). Check in your glove box and see if this is not the case.
2006 A6 Avant

Gone:
2004 S4 Avant
'05 Mustang GT
'65 Mustang Coupe
s4shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 68719

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
The other day my dad kind of closed the trunk weird. It's like he was trying to do it gently and not touch the paint, and maybe he half closed it or something. Anyway, I'm not sure but I may have opened it again after that. Last night I was at the airport and I couldn't get it open with the remote button or the trunk button on the driver's side door. I was able to crawl in the trunk and open it with the child emergency latch. But no dice on the auto-open.

I guess I have to bring it in and have them fix it under warranty?
don't know if this will help you, but right after i picked up my car from the dealer when i purchased it, i had a similar issue. the trunk opened normally for the first day but then became inaccesible. i could not open the trunk with the remote, the button release in the door or with the trunk lid release. eventually i checked in the owners manual and found a valet function button in the glove box that secures the trunk from unauthorized access. check to see if that solves your problem. still have not figured out what activated that function on my car but its all ok now. hope that works for you like it did for me
Old 04-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 180156

Yeah it was the valet. Strange. I can't see that button from the driver's seat because it's too far under. In my BMW, you had to use a key to go to valet mode. The button is error prone...

Wish it had a warning on the dash like "no, valet".

2015 Boxster 2.7 PDK, white, radar cruise control, dynamic headlights
2010 Audi S4 6MT, JHM Clutch/Flywheel, REVO pulley & tune (370awhp on Mustang dyno), AP Racing 380mm BBK, Pagid Yellow RS29 pads, APR CPS, BBS CX-R, Pilot Sport Cup 2
westwest888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 268510

Thanks so much. I just had the same problem. I had a funny feeling it was something simple! Appreciate it!
Jack Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:41 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 8812

When the Valet button is activated there is a warning, or more exact a message that appears at startup informing you that the Valet mode has been turned on.
2007 S4
2004 Z06
2000 S4
1996 A4 3.2
rocknS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2000, 2011, 98, a4, a5, a6, audi, cabriolet, mode, open, opening, s5, stuck, trunk, valet, wont