Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 220252

Default Update Navigation Maps

Hey guys,

My dealer quoted me $286.00 for an updated Navigation Disc--is that correct? Is there any other way to update the maps?

Thanks
Brooklyn Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 197217

I haven't asked myself but that's inline with other manufacturers (Acura)
2011 S4 Meteor Grey Pearl/S-Tronic/Premium(Canada)/Black&Black Silk Nappa/19" alloy wheels/Nav/Bang&Olufson/Audi Drive Select/3M/25% Tint all around/PPS Paint sealant/Hoen H11 Endurance/APR Carbonio Stage I & II/STaSIS Tune/AWE Resonated Exhaust
--
VAG Mods:
Disabled:
Wink, Nav & Phone message while driving
Enabled: Ambient Interior Lighting, Automatic Gear Selection in DIS, Batt Meter, DRL via MMI, Hidden Menu, Lap Timer, Remote Windows and Sunroof, ADS set to Individual, Adaptive brake lights, VIM, TPMS
Have a VAG cable as well
--
www.smileto.ca
TO407S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 176194

Seems high. I paid $149 for my Acura a few years ago and didn't notice a difference so will not do another update. I still get offers in the mail at that rate.
BigBluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 197217

Was it just the maps that are updated or is there a software update as well? (Just curious)
2011 S4 Meteor Grey Pearl/S-Tronic/Premium(Canada)/Black&Black Silk Nappa/19" alloy wheels/Nav/Bang&Olufson/Audi Drive Select/3M/25% Tint all around/PPS Paint sealant/Hoen H11 Endurance/APR Carbonio Stage I & II/STaSIS Tune/AWE Resonated Exhaust
--
VAG Mods:
Disabled:
Wink, Nav & Phone message while driving
Enabled: Ambient Interior Lighting, Automatic Gear Selection in DIS, Batt Meter, DRL via MMI, Hidden Menu, Lap Timer, Remote Windows and Sunroof, ADS set to Individual, Adaptive brake lights, VIM, TPMS
Have a VAG cable as well
--
www.smileto.ca
TO407S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO407S4 View Post
Was it just the maps that are updated or is there a software update as well? (Just curious)
I think it was just the maps. I was told that the disc is made by an outside company, and it takes 2 weeks to order. I will call to verify.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
gk1
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 14154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Mike View Post
I think it was just the maps. I was told that the disc is made by an outside company, and it takes 2 weeks to order. I will call to verify.
When you say disc, what are you referring to? CD/DVD ?
I was under the impression if there was a NAV update it would be with SD cards and a connection to a server in Germany. At least based on prior posts. If a CD/DVD update is available for end-user updates that would be great.

2015 S6 Quartz Gray
Black, Carbon, Night, Cold, DA, ACC, 20's

2014 SQ5 Glacier White
Black Nappa, Carbon, B&O, NAV, 21's

Past:
2012 S4 S-Tronic Monsoon Gray
2008 A6 3.2Q S-Line Daytona Gray
2007 A4 2.0T S-Line Ice Silver
2001 S4 Nogaro Blue
gk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 210395

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
I was under the impression if there was a NAV update it would be with SD cards and a connection to a server in Germany. At least based on prior posts. If a CD/DVD update is available for end-user updates that would be great.
I was told if was a free annual update for the first few years
SDBArbifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 53054

So if you really want or need it, you might get a bunch of owners (from the forums) to chip in and pass the CD around. Just a thought. Kinda like a group buy. The more that want it, the less it should cost. I assume you can load the upadate an unlimited amount of times. Or buy it and resell it on Ebay.
DrGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
So if you really want or need it, you might get a bunch of owners (from the forums) to chip in and pass the CD around. Just a thought. Kinda like a group buy. The more that want it, the less it should cost. I assume you can load the upadate an unlimited amount of times. Or buy it and resell it on Ebay.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Still on the fence, since I don't really need it.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
That's what the service consultant said in his email reply to me, he had to check with the parts department. I'll probably have to contact the parts department directly to see what they say.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2013, audi, maps, nav, s4, update