S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Who can help me negotiate my 2015 S4 lease proposal?

Old 07-02-2015, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who can help me negotiate my 2015 S4 lease proposal?

Hi, new to the forum and looking to get some help trying to negotiate a lease. Here is the itemized sheet with my lease proposal. I did not negotiate, this was the first proposal and it's open for negotiation. I know I have to try to negotiate the MSRP, but is there anything else that I can try to use to get a lower payment?.

I'm also considering a financing a 2013 S4 Premium plus with 18000 miles, CPO and audi care included for $39000. I would be putting a trade in and 7K down, so my MP for financing will be almost identical to the lease or even lower.

I would like to hear some feedback and any useful recommendations.

Thank you for your time!!

Old 07-03-2015, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Aside from pushing on price, ask for MF they are using (can solve from information provided but lazy this morning). For a 2015 guessing it should be around .0005 or less. (To convert MF to traditional interest rate that is more familiar multiply by 2,400.) Also, unless I missed it I don't see AudiCare (prepaid maintenance) included. Some say they have negotiated it to get it for free but even if you pay for it the residual should increase by 1% so the net cost is negligible. I don't think dealer can change residual.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
Aside from pushing on price, ask for MF they are using (can solve from information provided but lazy this morning). For a 2015 guessing it should be around .0005 or less. (To convert MF to traditional interest rate that is more familiar multiply by 2,400.) Also, unless I missed it I don't see AudiCare (prepaid maintenance) included. Some say they have negotiated it to get it for free but even if you pay for it the residual should increase by 1% so the net cost is negligible. I don't think dealer can change residual.
Thanks RickFLS4! Are you from FL?
BTW, Do you have any recommendations for FL Audi dealers or a sales guy that can help you get a good deal?
Thanks again
Old 07-03-2015, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I am in South Florida (east coast). PM sent - not sure if I am supposed to post all those dealer-specific opinions publicly. Good luck! (If you are looking for a 2015 instead of a 2916, you'll need to find the dealer with the car you want, color /option-wise).
Old 07-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At this point, would you not get a better lease deal on a 2016? And unless there is a car on the lot that you want, whay wouldn't you want a 2016. Reidual should be higher. And yes, having AudiCare does increase the residual by 1%. Pretty much pays for itself. Had it on both my leased B8 S4s. Never paid for it as a line item. Dealer just included it in the deal.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

One thing I learned this morning about Audi leases (in certain states):

If you live in FL (or CO or 1-2 other states), Audi Financial Services can't sell you the car directly if you want to buy it out of the lease. You have to purchase it through the dealer. No big deal, I thought. When the dealer sent me the Buyer Order, they marked up the price of the car by $600 vs. buy-out amount they told me earlier (and that amount was in line with my own calculations) and also added an $800 dealer fee. Further, they told me the same would be true if I waited to the end of the lease to buy out. WTF!

So, first off, I take back the recommendation I PM'd you...

Secondly, unless you definitely plan to trade the car in or turn it in at the end of the lease, do not lease an Audi in FL.

Since AFS is closed today, I can't get clarity from them on how this is allowed until Monday.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I know there is variation among states...

… but I have leased three S-cars in the past five years (one S4, two S5's). Each was leased for a three-year term. Each had an MSRP of about $60K, and the leases included maintenance, gap insurance, etc. Put $5K down. The leases vary from $625-650/month, including taxes. I was albe to apply Audi loyalty, so not all of the $5K was actually cash out of pocket, some of it was loyally ($1-1.5K), and on one of the S5's the dealership gave me an extra $1.4K from an A6 at the end of it's lease because it was in such good shape and had very low mileage.

I agree with a previous comment, that you might do better on a 2016

Keep us posted, as you will surely love the car once its in your hands… the pic below is of our S4. It is my wife's daily driver and she is a passionate mountain carver on the weekends. Here is a shot with Erin at the wheel on a well-known stretch of CA twisties called "The Snake"

Happy Motoring
Eric
Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2015, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It looks like your doc fee is $699??! I hope that is a mistake...
Old 07-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I think you can do better

I just negotiated a $63000 premium plus 2015 model for $1000 OOP 36 month lease at $599 per month including tax (of 7.5%). No trace in and there is 1750 in loyalty and rebates in the deal. I'm not quite sure what the sale price is but I'm guessing no they are discounting car at least 6-7k from sticker. Push them, they need to move these 2015 models. 16's are on the boat or at port already
Old 07-13-2015, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tymfree
I just negotiated a $63000 premium plus 2015 model for $1000 OOP 36 month lease at $599 per month including tax (of 7.5%). No trace in and there is 1750 in loyalty and rebates in the deal. I'm not quite sure what the sale price is but I'm guessing no they are discounting car at least 6-7k from sticker. Push them, they need to move these 2015 models. 16's are on the boat or at port already

How many miles a year?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who can help me negotiate my 2015 S4 lease proposal?