S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

2018 S4 Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
I like it a lot, but it really needs a dual clutch IMO. I only drove it about 2 miles, so no real opinions yet. The 8 speed just can't do the rapid downshifts like a dual clutch.
Go for a longer drive than two miles and I guarantee that your opinion will change. Shift speeds are essentially the same as the old S tronic, it is smoother to drive around town, and it still makes the same great noises when shifting. There are only upsides to this transmission and no downsides.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by adg44
Go for a longer drive than two miles and I guarantee that your opinion will change. Shift speeds are essentially the same as the old S tronic, it is smoother to drive around town, and it still makes the same great noises when shifting. There are only upsides to this transmission and no downsides.
The ZF 8 speed is a very good transmission with quick shift times. It is also extremely smooth and has no lag at all. But the s tronic (DSG) is the faster transmission. It does shift much faster than the ZF. But the initial lag is horrible. Both are great boxes with their positives and negatives.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 587 Likes on 422 Posts

The DSG is faster if you're shifting up or down a gear and the transmission anticipates it. I've had it "hang" several times when I'm cruising along and then ask for a sudden downshift. The ZF eliminates that. For street driving the ZF is a better transmission.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I really like the chrome trim. The all black look is meh. The silver mirrors set the S cars apart from the regular A cars. The BO package on the B8.5 cars painted the mirrors body color which I didn't care for,
Same. The all black screams boy racer. On top of that it just looks bland. You often can't even tell what the car is until you get up close. To each their own though.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawgone
Same. The all black screams boy racer. On top of that it just looks bland. You often can't even tell what the car is until you get up close. To each their own though.
yes i am one who loved the silver grill of audi! but everyone has there own opinion
Old 03-22-2017, 12:08 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The chrome & aluminum trim is definitively tasteful and classic. The forums are highly overrepresented with those who would choose otherwise, yet represent a tiny minority of actual buyers. Same as with manual transmission preferences, very few people actually want one.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 587 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by aj6
The chrome & aluminum trim is definitively tasteful and classic. The forums are highly overrepresented with those who would choose otherwise, yet represent a tiny minority of actual buyers. Same as with manual transmission preferences, very few people actually want one.
Wait, you mean that the manufacturers who spend millions on market research might actually know what the vast majority of people buying the cars want?!?!
Old 03-25-2017, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

The Misano red S4 I commanded before changing my mind and switching for an S5 SB has finaly arrived.

Last edited by Sebast007; 03-25-2017 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aj6
I like the aluminium trims, especialy with lite colors. I like manual transmissions but I'd rather have a dual clutch trans.. The 8 speed auto should be good enough though.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebast007
The Misano red S4 I commanded before changing my mind and switching for an S5 SB has finaly arrived.

Wow looks great in red

Quick Reply: 2018 S4 Pictures