S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Order Date For 2017 S4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The German configurator is not available yet, and we'll likely be six months behind that.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
The German configurator is not available yet, and we'll likely be six months behind that.
Should be live next month in Germany.

Did you order an XF-S? Good looking car, I like this version:

Sorry for the OT.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
Should be live next month in Germany.

Did you order an XF-S? Good looking car, I like this version:
Sorry for the OT.
Yes, I've placed an order for a car similar to that pic, but in Italian Racing Red. It is a really beautiful car, but it's a leap for me to move to an British car. It's still two months out, and admittedly I'm keeping my options open. If it looks like the S4 will be available this year, I may cancel the Jag order.

Last edited by hinckley; 05-26-2016 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Yes, I've placed an order for a car similar to that pic, but in Italian Racing Red. It is a really beautiful car, but it's a leap for me to move to an British car. It's still two months out, and admittedly I'm keeping my options open. If it looks like the S4 will be available this year, I may cancel the Jag order.
It would seem like the 2 month blowout on German production startup has made the potential US appearance date too close to Audi America's model year change. I get the impression they don't want the car to appear in December or January labelled a MY2017, as they would have nothing to change for MY2018 a few months later?

I must test drive the XF S, it is a contender. But it seems the balance between ride/handling/steering/design strengths (assumed) vs interior materials and general construction quality (experienced) is out of kilter. But then all cars have compromises somewhere or other.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
It would seem like the 2 month blowout on German production startup has made the potential US appearance date too close to Audi America's model year change. I get the impression they don't want the car to appear in December or January labelled a MY2017, as they would have nothing to change for MY2018 a few months later?

I must test drive the XF S, it is a contender. But it seems the balance between ride/handling/steering/design strengths (assumed) vs interior materials and general construction quality (experienced) is out of kilter. But then all cars have compromises somewhere or other.
I agree completely. At this point, I think that whenever we do see the S4 in the US, it will be a MY18. As for the XF S, it's worth a drive. You may be as pleasantly surprised as I was.

Last edited by hinckley; 05-27-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Regarding the Jaguar XF S, it seems like a step down performance wise from an S4. To me it is odd that the "performance" model S is only 40 HP more than the other models. The same holds true for the F Pace. I would be interested if they offered an XFR-S like in past years with AWD or an SVR version.
I like the exterior but the interior is not quite up to Audi's- especially compared to the B9. I'm coming from an S6 but would like something smaller (S6 feels so heavy) so the S4 might work. Needing AWD, I wish there were more real performance oriented options to choose from. RS4 would be ideal but who knows how long that will take to come out or even if it will be offered in the US. It kills me Mercedes now offers 4Matic in just about every AMG version except the C63.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by letS4nicate
....It kills me Mercedes now offers 4Matic in just about every AMG version except the C63.
Yes, +1
Old 05-27-2016, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by letS4nicate
Regarding the Jaguar XF S, it seems like a step down performance wise from an S4. To me it is odd that the "performance" model S is only 40 HP more than the other models.

It kills me Mercedes now offers 4Matic in just about every AMG version except the C63.
As I've said, I think the Jag is an interesting alternative. But of course it's a compromise. Keep in mind that the XF S has 47 more hp than the B8 S4 and weighs only 12 pounds more. I think they'll offer a true performance XF R in a year or two. Same with the C63 4Matic. I'll bet we'll see one mid-cycle like they did with the last gen E63.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

As I've said, I think the Jag is an interesting alternative. But of course it's a compromise. Keep in mind that the XF S has 47 more hp than the B8 S4 and weighs only 12 pounds more. I think they'll offer a true performance XF R in a year or two. Same with the C63 4Matic. I'll bet we'll see one mid-cycle like they did with the last gen E63.
0-60 is listed as 5.1 for the XF S. B9 S4 will likely be 4.5 at the most and maybe less. B9 A4 was tested at 5.4. Why do you think the XF isn't as quick with more power and less weight? Interestingly, the F Pace S with the same engine hits the same 5.1 as the XF S.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

The XF-S has been mentioned several times, but isn't the XE 35T an even more natural competitor for the S4? The interior looks lackluster, but the steering and suspension are considered best-in-class and it is priced at least several thousand less than the S4. The car itself is promising, but I have major doubts about the long-term Jaguar ownership experience.

Quick Reply: Order Date For 2017 S4?