S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Order Date For 2017 S4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, the S4 configurator is now up on the audi.de website. Lots of (expensive) options to choose! I'm not sure how well it's working - the only pack is the Technology one and it won't let me add it, but at least you can see the choices. Will be watching the UK site like a hawk now!
Old 07-21-2016, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Yes, the S4 configurator does seem fully developed, as opposed to the S5 version.

If you can't add the Technology pack, it will be because you are using a translate facility in your browser. Either turn it off, or make the selection before the German text in the option pop up is translated to English: I assume from your name you are neither French nor Italian

Agree the options list is extensive, and expensive when added up. I added 50% over base for a heavily optioned Avant, which brought it disturbingly close to an S6 (sedan); my other choice.

For the S4 sedan, that's around €70000 / £58000 / $77000. In Germany. Before tax.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Glisse
Yes, the S4 configurator does seem fully developed, as opposed to the S5 version.

If you can't add the Technology pack, it will be because you are using a translate facility in your browser. Either turn it off, or make the selection before the German text in the option pop up is translated to English: I assume from your name you are neither French nor Italian

Agree the options list is extensive, and expensive when added up. I added 50% over base for a heavily optioned Avant, which brought it disturbingly close to an S6 (sedan); my other choice.

For the S4 sedan, that's around €70000 / £58000 / $77000. In Germany. Before tax.
Ah yes - I did have translate on, good spot!

Yes I am British - the origins of my nickname are a long story for another time :-)

Anyhoo, I don't think I'll be able to afford a brand new B9, but I'm keeping an open mind as to what the dealer might be able to put together. If it turns out to be too expensive, I'm banking on the release of the B9 putting plenty of used B8.5s on the market. Does that sound feasible? There aren't many very high spec ones out there at the moment!
Old 07-21-2016, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I am sure markets with pre-packaged cars, such as the US and the UK, will soon have their distributors madly negotiating and pleading to include as many options as possible within the various level tiers.

So a base model (which in the UK will still have many options) is going to be similar in price to the outgoing model. Just depends on how much of the new tech in terms of driver aids, adaptive suspension, etc are "must have" items.

Plus all these options add as much weight back into the car as the new MLB Evo platform and new engine took out. Which is kind of crazy.

As the B9 S4 has been coming for a long time, I am sure you will see a rash of B8.5's appear. Nothing wrong at all with a B8.5 - the supercharged engine with S tronic (and ideally Sports diff) is a great combination. I'm in no hurry to sell our B8 S5, and the B9 clearly goes down the path of more refinement and creature comforts than sporty driving vs the B8.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see the configurator finally up. I particularly like the way they do the colored leather now. The red/black leather looks great!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by marnes
Nice to see the configurator finally up. I particularly like the way they do the colored leather now. The red/black leather looks great!
I agree. Was never a fan of the patchwork approach in the B8 (no offence, just personal opinion). But this new style with grey/black or red/black in the S Sport seats looks much more classy.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I noticed the blue is Nogarro and not Sepang, is that just because it is EU or did they make a change in colors available?
Old 07-23-2016, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Erasmus354
So I noticed the blue is Nogarro and not Sepang, is that just because it is EU or did they make a change in colors available?
The blue you are referring to is actually a new color called Navarra blue, not Nogaro blue. It is a slightly darker shade that appears most similar to Estoril blue. From the pictures, I like Sepang better.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JD15
The blue you are referring to is actually a new color called Navarra blue, not Nogaro blue. It is a slightly darker shade that appears most similar to Estoril blue. From the pictures, I like Sepang better.
Sepang is being sent out to pasture for a generation or so.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Sepang is being sent out to pasture for a generation or so.
That's a shame because it has always been my favorite Audi color. The new Ara Blue is also nice.

Quick Reply: Order Date For 2017 S4?