S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Order Date For 2017 S4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 05:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
That's a shame because it has always been my favorite Audi color. The new Ara Blue is also nice.
Yea, it does suck. Audi has been showing off all their new models in nice bright sporty blue colors at all the trade shows.....that you cant actually buy the car in! If it is the color you think looks best to show off the car why not let people buy it in that color?!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Erasmus354
Yea, it does suck. Audi has been showing off all their new models in nice bright sporty blue colors at all the trade shows.....that you cant actually buy the car in! If it is the color you think looks best to show off the car why not let people buy it in that color?!
Well, in the US they'll let you do any color for $3,900 except on the Q7 where they are not accepting Audi Exclusive exterior paint choices yet.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Well, in the US they'll let you do any color for $3,900 except on the Q7 where they are not accepting Audi Exclusive exterior paint choices yet.
As much as I like Sepang, it's not worth a few thousand dollars to me. Also, the delay for ordering exclusive colors is significant. It would be nice if Audi would more frequently make colors beyond white, black, gray, and silver available.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JD15
As much as I like Sepang, it's not worth a few thousand dollars to me. Also, the delay for ordering exclusive colors is significant. It would be nice if Audi would more frequently make colors beyond white, black, gray, and silver available.
Yes the delay on custom colors is a bit ridiculous. Ordered April 4th, last I heard I might get the car in September.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Erasmus354
Yes the delay on custom colors is a bit ridiculous. Ordered April 4th, last I heard I might get the car in September.
I know this is the 2017 S4 thead, but just checking.. they said you might see it in september in the US?
Old 07-29-2016, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by localh85
I know this is the 2017 S4 thead, but just checking.. they said you might see it in september in the US?
Be lucky to see one in Germany by that date. Erasmus was referring to the delay due to ordering an exclusive colour, but nor for a B9 S4. IIRC, he ordered an Ara blue (very nice!) A4.

Last edited by Glisse; 07-29-2016 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^ My dealer (U.S.) told with me that orders will start 'in the fall' for delivery in spring 17.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by arU4ic
^^^ My dealer (U.S.) told with me that orders will start 'in the fall' for delivery in spring 17.
Yup thats what they said in the spring! fall order and march delivery
Old 08-01-2016, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Although my dealer is not 100% certain of the US arrival date for the NEW S4, he says the 2017 S4 and SQ5 will be a virtually identical copy of the 2016 models.

The salesrep I deal with indicates his best info is, as stated here, the NEW S4 will be a 2018 MY version and from a practical perspective the best he can say is "Q1 2017". This is interesting to me since there will be a new MY cycle starting in Ingolstadt July, 2017. I would doubt the July '17 production of S4's will be called 2019's however. I would think, if you wanted the latest and greatest S4 you would -- GASP -- order one of the damn things. I know, I know, ordering is sooo un-American. But, considering the cost of cars -- especially Audi S cars -- why buy one off the lot?

I went to the Audi of Germany website, which now allows you to configure -- in English -- a new S4. There are no Premium, P+ or Prestige designations, which is fine by me, but to really configure the car as most of us here would probably want to do, you really need to go into EXPERT MODE (which, thankfully, is also in English). I built one with the red leather interior (and the configurator software obliges by changing the color of the car exterior and interior) and the updated seat appearance is stunning.

If you can tolerate the intricacies of having to tick off almost literally every little thing about one of these cars, you can then have an email sent to yourself of the configuration (also still in English). I did this and sent mine to my dealer.

I will, of course, order my configuration -- once I see the US order guide, of course -- and wait the 10-12 weeks it takes to get one of these wonderful cars.

My 2014 S4 (and my wife's 2014 SQ5) have been absolutely delightful, trouble free cars. She now has 66,000+ on hers and I have 46,000+ on mine.

We've changed the tires out once on each car and had new rear pads replaced both at similar mileages. We've only done one thing differently than is "normal", and that is we have had oil and filer changes every 5K miles (every other change isn't "free" therefore). We've had the cars detailed twice and otherwise had routine mntce.

They both look and drive "like new" -- actually that is untrue. Typical of every one of the 33 Audis we have had, they "automagically" regenerate the engines about every 10,000 miles -- fuel mileage (top-tier only) improves and the perception of power improves on a regular basis. Big, easily noticed improvement on the SQ5 after the 55K major service. My wife swears another "jolt" of power appeared around 65,000 miles too. Mine, at 45K, had a noticeable MPG improvement and a modest "urgency" improvement at the same time. I'm looking forward to the 55K bump, assuming the new S4 doesn't makes greater financial sense than buying my leased S4 at term end.

We purchased the SQ5 (first car EVER in our lifetimes that we didn't lease) -- and we're thinking we should keep it until 95,000 miles since there is a HUGE depreciation hit at 100K, but the thing is the engine, transmission and interior and exterior (when freshly detailed) appear "as new."

I keep arguing -- with myself -- about the merits of an auto lease vs buying. The SQ5 has made me rethink the adage, "buy what appreciates and lease what depreciates," so perhaps I'll buy a new S4 and keep it 6 or 7 years.

In any case, the new S4 -- especially if it has magnetic shocks, would seem to be a technological, performance and safety force of nature, so to speak.

Drive it like you live.

Last edited by markcincinnati; 08-01-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Although my dealer is not 100% certain of the US arrival date for the NEW S4, he says the 2017 S4 and SQ5 will be a virtually identical copy of the 2016 models.
I'm pretty sure that the B8.5 S4 is no longer being produced, so Audi will skip directly to the 2018 B9 S4 early next year.

Quick Reply: Order Date For 2017 S4?