S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Order Date For 2017 S4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Yes, but the S Sport seat is the premium seat version, not a base version. I guess once your dealership gets the pricing from AoA, everything will be clearer.
I don't see how pricing will make anything more clear. To me this seems very clear already. The US gets diamond stitched leather/alcantara S sport seats with massage.

B8 S4 also had leather/alcantara S sport seats as a standard feature.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by adg44
I don't see how pricing will make anything more clear. To me this seems very clear already. The US gets diamond stitched leather/alcantara S sport seats with massage.

B8 S4 also had leather/alcantara S sport seats as a standard feature.
I assume you mean diamond stitched Alcantara.

That these will come is not in doubt - the TT S has a similar S Sport seat option which is available in both Alcantara and Nappa versions.

If this part of the US order guide is correct as you believe, it suggests that US ordered cars will not be going into production for some time. When you see the mandatory requirement for Nappa disappear on the Audi Germany site, then you know Alcantara versions will be available on the production line about 5 weeks after that date.

In the meantime, the UK which is a similar volume (and margin) market to the US for Audi has not just released their order guide, but opened ordering on the B9 S4, and the S Sport seats in Nappa are standard. Unusual for the UK to get a higher standard spec than the US. Perhaps because Audi UK want to sell the car now, not next year, and didn't want to wait for the lower cost Alcantara version to show up?

If you are wanting to buy the new B9 S4 sooner than later, shouldn't you be hoping the US order guide made the same type of error on seats as it did with the audio options? Or is the order date of little interest to you?
Old 09-12-2016, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
I also just noticed it says massage is standard on the seats.
They come built-in with heating and massage function, no other way to get them. I think some of the early reviews might have suggested massage would be an option, but probably more efficient for Audi to make it all inclusive. This car already has over 100 options in non-packaged markets as it is.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nothing is in doubt. The order guide is correct and states leather/alcantara S sport seats and that's what we are getting. There is no reason to assume it is wrong. Just because it isn't a variant in Germany doesn't mean the US does not have their own.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
They come built-in with heating and massage function, no other way to get them. I think some of the early reviews might have suggested massage would be an option, but probably more efficient for Audi to make it all inclusive. This car already has over 100 options in non-packaged markets as it is.
I made my order for a B9 S4 and I should receive it in Junuary or february. I live in Canada. My seller told me that the car comes with the sport seats but NOT with the massage fonction. It saddens me...
Old 09-24-2016, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Sebast007
I made my order for a B9 S4 and I should receive it in Junuary or february. I live in Canada. My seller told me that the car comes with the sport seats but NOT with the massage fonction. It saddens me...
If you have the S sport seats, you have the massage function. There is no way around that.

If you have sport seats (not available in the US on the S4), then you may not have massage function.

What does their order guide say?
Old 09-24-2016, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the S sport seats, you have the massage function. There is no way around that.

If you have sport seats (not available in the US on the S4), then you may not have massage function.

It says "S sport seats with losanged stitching and S badge".

If the seats truly come with the massage function I'd be very happy!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure where that information may have come from. The 2018 order guide clearly shows as a standard feature "Diamond stitched S sport seats with power side bolsters and massage function."

Last edited by dbuxton13; 09-29-2016 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dbuxton13

Not sure where that information may have come from. The 2018 order guide clearly shows as a standard feature "Diamond stitched S sport seats with power side bolsters and massage function."
[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

He is in Canada. That is the US order guide.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

He is in Canada. That is the US order guide.
I was replying to the remark that said the sports seats aren't available in the US. I even quoted the remark to make it easy to follow along. Sorry if that wasn't clear (passive aggressive shining through).

Quick Reply: Order Date For 2017 S4?