S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

ORDERED!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHIO
FYI warm weather package changes the seats
Thanks! Was looking at the order form. The warm weather package has the Milano seats and I am also paying for the Napa seats. Might be a mistake (eg need to take off the Napa). Def want the vented seats.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exciting stuff........

Your S4 is going really well.

It will be finished in production on February 15th which is exciting. The Audi inventory system states that it will leave European port site of Emden, Germany to go to Halifax on March 3rd. It takes about 12 days to go across the ocean to Halifax so it will arrive around the middle of March. From there it is about 3 weeks to Winnipeg.

@018 Daytona Grey.....every conceivable option except "Drivers Assist".
Old 02-27-2017, 04:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Exciting!!

Your S4 is going really well.

It will be finished in production on February 15th which is exciting. The Audi inventory system states that it will leave European port site of Emden, Germany to go to Halifax on March 3rd. It takes aboutr 12 days to go across the ocean to Halifax so it will arrive around the middle of March. From there it is about 3 weeks to Winnipeg.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My order update:

"Production-week 18/2017
05/05/2017 Production completed
05/23/2018 Ship dep. Port Emden
06/27/2017 Ship dock Port San Diego
07/01/2017 Release to Trucking
ETA to Audi [DEALERSHIP NAME] within 10 days

MSRP as per factory-order*: $ 57,500.00

Changes to order still open"

There you have it!

* Review of my order - I'm a pretty analog guy:

2018 S4 Sedan 3.0T quattro /8W254A
Daytona gray pearl effect/ 6Y6Y
EI - Black interior
PNY - Technology package
PQJ - Wheel/Tire package
1N8 - Dynamic steering
Old 03-06-2017, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow they are that far out now! UGH the wait ..

Originally Posted by arU4ic
My order update:

"Production-week 18/2017
05/05/2017 Production completed
05/23/2018 Ship dep. Port Emden
06/27/2017 Ship dock Port San Diego
07/01/2017 Release to Trucking
ETA to Audi [DEALERSHIP NAME] within 10 days

MSRP as per factory-order*: $ 57,500.00

Changes to order still open"

There you have it!

* Review of my order - I'm a pretty analog guy:

2018 S4 Sedan 3.0T quattro /8W254A
Daytona gray pearl effect/ 6Y6Y
EI - Black interior
PNY - Technology package
PQJ - Wheel/Tire package
1N8 - Dynamic steering
Old 03-07-2017, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIO
wow they are that far out now! UGH the wait ..
Yeah, and I am not so sure about the transmission - I have a STRONG feeling that I'm going to hate it - I may actually cancel and just get another S3 while I wait for a better (and rumored) manual or S-tronic.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Of the Audis I have NOT driven, I'll include the RS 7. The test reports over the past year or two seem to praise the "programming" of the 8-speed Tip.

I must say I do love the 7-speed in my 2014 S4, and I have had the current A4 several times as a service loaner and find the 7-speed to be the best transmission (auto) I have ever had.

On the other hand, my wife's 2014 SQ5 has the 8-speed and unless I actually "look for" the transmission differences (which are very few and mostly difficult to detect), I can find little to complain about.

This is not the case of good being the enemy of great, at least as far as my experience is concerned. If the 8-speed works well and is lauded by the motoring press in the RS7, I have to believe the 8-speed will be more than just "acceptable."

Time will tell -- and if I were in Audi marketing, I probably would have urged the engineering team to do whatever it takes to adopt the 7 speed at least so that the conversation we're now having could have been avoided.

But, between engineering, marketing and "accounting," there must be some reason that the negatives (perception) were thought to be able to be overcome by the actual driving experience.

Net: I'm sure the 8-speed will not be an issue based primarily on my experience driving the SQ5.

I wish we -- the consumers -- would have been consulted regarding the decision to put the 7 speed in the A4 and the 8 speed in the S4, but we weren't, apparently. Unfortunately, life is too short (as far as I'm concerned) to sweat this. When my car comes in, I'm going to drive it. If it -- the 8-speed -- turns out to be a big negative, I'll pass on the car. Maybe I'd go for a top spec A4 instead. The A6 with its 8-speed isn't an alternative and the S6 just doesn't seem to justify its MSRP, so that one is out.

Stay tuned.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by arU4ic
Yeah, and I am not so sure about the transmission - I have a STRONG feeling that I'm going to hate it - I may actually cancel and just get another S3 while I wait for a better (and rumored) manual or S-tronic.
Ya I loved the trans in my S3 for a small car I think it will be fine! not to worried
Old 03-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Guys!

Long time lurker, first time poster....

I ordered my S4 2018 back in October 2016..... car left Germany end December, arrived Halifax 20 Jan and has been sitting there since.

Am I insane to be so frustrated at this point, still cannot get a straight answer as to when the car will be released! Every day its a different story (waiting for official Launch or waiting for Audi to release or countless other nonsense).

I am also quite disappointed that I am seeing every freaking model being trained on (i.e. SQ5/Q5, A/S5 etc...) and they are promising delivery eta dates of April/May of this year. Am I the only one who this all doesn't make sense to?

My car has been physically sitting at port for nearly 2 months and these new models which haven't had order guides up for 2-3 weeks are being promoted the s**t out of are being falsely promised ridiculous dates.

What gives?

Peace and love!
Old 03-08-2017, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Its the EPA holding the cars up..

Originally Posted by SRSfreak
Hey Guys!

Long time lurker, first time poster....

I ordered my S4 2018 back in October 2016..... car left Germany end December, arrived Halifax 20 Jan and has been sitting there since.

Am I insane to be so frustrated at this point, still cannot get a straight answer as to when the car will be released! Every day its a different story (waiting for official Launch or waiting for Audi to release or countless other nonsense).

I am also quite disappointed that I am seeing every freaking model being trained on (i.e. SQ5/Q5, A/S5 etc...) and they are promising delivery eta dates of April/May of this year. Am I the only one who this all doesn't make sense to?

My car has been physically sitting at port for nearly 2 months and these new models which haven't had order guides up for 2-3 weeks are being promoted the s**t out of are being falsely promised ridiculous dates.

What gives?

Peace and love!

Quick Reply: ORDERED!