S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

ORDERED!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else getting a little annoyed about the Audi US lagging on releasing more information on the S4. I'm tempted to cancel my order, so frustrating.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

FYI GM dealer meetings are next week so i am hoping more comes out
Old 02-07-2017, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIO
FYI GM dealer meetings are next week so i am hoping more comes out
Yes, recon - finally

Thanks brotha
Old 02-08-2017, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a 2014 S4; so, with one lease payment remaining, I called Audi Financial and asked them for some suggestions since I am considering another S4 (but have not put one on order, yet).

I was offered a "no questions asked" 2-month lease extension. No new car on order required.

I have, perhaps like you, have configured a car on the Audi Canada website in an attempt to "simulate" what we might build (US spec).

I have, mostly figured out that the car would be configured as a Prestige spec with the Driver Assistance Package, Magma Leather interior and either Ibis or Daytona exterior and the Audi "Rings" beam lights.

The Canadian website allows red brake calipers -- as a stand alone option, which I would get in a heartbeat, if offered stand-alone.

Previously, the Sport Differential, too, was offered stand alone but now it appears the calipers, sport diff and the adjustable suspension ("shocks with magnetic fluid in them") are bundled -- but without prices, I am unwilling to order an option that contains something I would pay for and something I would take, if free (probably), but am not interested in. I had the "adjustable" suspension in an A4 with Audi Drive Select and found its settings so subtly different, I did not find the price (at the time, 2009) justifiable.

The dealer has offered to send the calipers to an outside shop to have them painted to match the factory option -- but I am wary of this.

So, I plan to wait for the pricing to be released to determine what configuration to order.

The dealer has offered to order two versions -- without obligation to take either one -- since my order(s) would benefit their "allocation" of cars.

The thing is, they have a new 2018 S4 Prestige with the sport option, 19" wheels and Driver Assistance -- held in port (without MSRP data). The car was ordered by a good customer and when it took so long to come in and then was held at port, the customer bought a new Corvette from the dealer's sister Chevy store.

Of course, the dealer is frustrated and neither my rep nor the GM seems to have any idea why the "sold-car" is held up. All I have is the promise that I can have an extended test-drive of the car when it comes in, now that it is no longer claimed by another customer.

The car is the "loud" blue with the Rotor Gray upgraded leather package -- Prestige and fully loaded. There are, so says my dealer, "many" cars held "at the port" awaiting pricing.

Are the Canadian cars (which can be configured and priced on the Audi.ca website) not a reasonable representation of what will be US versions? What is the big secret or obstacle holding up the delivery of the new US spec S4's, I wonder?
Old 02-10-2017, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati

The thing is, they have a new 2018 S4 Prestige with the sport option, 19" wheels and Driver Assistance -- held in port (without MSRP data).

The car is the "loud" blue with the Rotor Gray upgraded leather package -- Prestige and fully loaded. T
My girlfriend has almost the exact same car(not prestige and not driver assistance) But colors are the same. I have to say that color/wheel/interior combo is GORGEOUS. I'm taken aback by it every time I clean it... The bright silver of those wheels really stands out against the scuba blue and makes it look MUCH more expensive than it was.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepOvertone
My girlfriend has almost the exact same car(not prestige and not driver assistance) But colors are the same. I have to say that color/wheel/interior combo is GORGEOUS. I'm taken aback by it every time I clean it... The bright silver of those wheels really stands out against the scuba blue and makes it look MUCH more expensive than it was.
Wait. Your GF has an S4? Where are the photos?
Old 02-11-2017, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

shipping schedules.. mine is due to leave 2-19 and arrive Houston the 16th the ship that coordinates with that has TBN right below Rockies Highway.. trying to figure out TBN
Attached Thumbnails ORDERED!-vw-ship.png  
Old 02-11-2017, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIO
shipping schedules.. mine is due to leave 2-19 and arrive Houston the 16th the ship that coordinates with that has TBN right below Rockies Highway.. trying to figure out TBN
TBN might mean 'To Be Notified'. In any case, it is also possible that your car might end up in the Gaia Leader whose ETA is Feb. 24, and destined to go to San Diego.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black optics?

Is the black optics package available for the B9 S4 in the USA? Spoke to my local dealership and said its not being offered but may potentially in the next year or so... disappointing
Old 02-11-2017, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by grcarlo
Is the black optics package available for the B9 S4 in the USA? Spoke to my local dealership and said its not being offered but may potentially in the next year or so... disappointing
At the moment no

Quick Reply: ORDERED!