S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

*buyer beware: achtuning*

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *buyer beware: achtuning*

ive been dealing with a buddy of mine on an intercooler for his s4 his girl and i worked out for his birthday from achtuning over 7 months ago and were told at the time it was available then, which it was not. ive talked to them, theyve talked to them, and every single time for the last 7 months its been "its shipping its shipped its going out friday express mail" on and on for months
now knowing this has been some bs weve all still been pretty patient and given them the benefit of the doubt that there were supplier issues that had to be dealt with etc etc. but now its to the point were we either really want it or want the money back because its flat out rediculous and they wont return calls or emails, and have lied about availability of the units for the past 7 months.

this kit was in the neighborhood of 1700 bucks too, which makes it even more frustrating.

i do apologize if this topic has been covered on these forums before, i just feel obligated to warn people about these kinds of business practices. i *strongly* suggest that anyone thinking about doing business with achtuning to be very cautious and consider other vendors, as weve had to go about filing subrogation with the credit card company just to get a refund for the products we paid for but never got. everyone hits supplier or delivery issues from time to time, we understood that and have been very very patient, but lieing about availability and whether or not something has shipped and refusing to respond to our messages is imo not the way someone should run a business, cause weve flat out been screwed.

just a heads up for folks...
-KP
Old 04-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Stätus Josh

Default Here is some more info on this for everyone's info!!

This has been a really fustrating ordeal for everyone involved. When the order was placed for this DUH Engineering Front Mount, Eric at DUH was promising quick delivery times. We've been given the story "It will ship next week" about a dozen times over the last 5 months!! Still no intercooler!! We've offered this customer a FULL REFUND on the product at least a half a dozen times and each time the customer chooses to wait. The only reason the customer was even charged is because Eric insists that he needs the money up front to get the intercooler built. Eric has 100% of this customers money. We don't have a dime of it. We even offered to give the customer a refund from our bank even though we don't have his money. We explained this to the customer and Eric even had the ***** to CALL THE CUSTOMER and make him pay another $250 directly!!! We are extremely fustrated. In fact, I don't think words can describe our fustration!! To make matters worse, we have about 5 other customers waiting for their FMICs. We've given Eric a deadline and if it's not met, then we are DONE doing business with him. I have personally talked to the customer and his wife at least a dozen or more times and they know that this is out of our hands. I'm doing EVERYTHING possible to get the FMIC out of Eric, but it's a difficult task to say the least. I have all my emails to and from eric and the customer saved from the last 7 months and have this entire ordeal well documented.

I apologize that this had to come out in the public, but the truth about this has to be known!!
Old 04-09-2004, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Here is some more info on this for everyone's info!!

it was good to finally get an email offering the refund, last time i was there on the phone with you guys it wasnt an option nor was it ever offered while i was there or to my knowledge.

whether or not your supplier is giving you a hard time is your business. you are the vendor, the end responsibility to deliver the products is yours as far as im concerned.

in addition, them telling you what the status is on the ic has nothing to do with the times you told us it was on its way to OUR doorstep.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Stätus Josh

Default I agree! It is our responsibility, that is why we have offered a full refund many times

In fact, we would in essence be LOSING $1700 on the product because we already paid for it. Mr. Turke has been offered this refund at least 6 times (I have the emails saved) and the offer still stands!! Thanks for you concern for your friend! Trust me when I say that I SHARE in his fustrations and then some!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default You have to appreciate that everybody is always waiting for someone else to deliver something...

I am sure that the guys at Achtuning do the BEST they can based on what their suppliers tell them.

I myself had to wait a bit for something I ordered from Josh, but he kept me informed and did everything that was possible to accelerate the delivery. He even paid the shipping for me!

I'm sure they NEVER lie about the availability, it's just that sometimes they don't get what they expect on time...it's just life!

As for me I will continue to do business with them in the future.

That's all,

-G
Old 04-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Stätus Josh

Thanks Guillaume!
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just get your money back, since you said your at the point.

It sucks you don't have your FMIC, I waited, what 8-9 months and I paid in advance, but I'm lucky enough to have mine (but then again I was number 1-2 on the list and was talking to DUH over 3 years ago regarding his FMIC.

Achtuning has had their issues and have made it public that they were aware and were making changes. Since you have not asked for your money back, based on your post, then that is probably what you need to do, or get some consideration in terms of pricing/product as long as you have a realistic time frame setup. However this piece is out of Josh's hands. I give him less slack on product from overseas, but this specialized product I fully understand the delays and the frustration. The only fault of Achtuning (maybe), is they kept saying it was shipping based on the suppliers word, vs waiting to have a tracking number.

T
Elder Member

Default Ohhhh! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

I'm just kidding.

In all seriousness, I hope you, Achtuning and Duh Engineering get things resolved.

Take care all. :-)

Default Re: You have to appreciate that everybody is always waiting for someone else to deliver something...

i understand supplier difficulties as well as anyone does. but if you dont have it in your hands why would you tell me it was shipped to me??

thats just shady, imo.
Elder Member

I think it is safe to say they have lied about availability in the past, but Josh seems better now.