S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

2.7 b4 swap

Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.7 b4 swap

Looking to pick some peoples brains, to try and help me in my swap i am about to start. I have a 1995 90 quattro sport and also I have a 2001 s4 2.7t manual motor. And I am looking to see if i can bypass the pas key security if i use the stockl ecu and how to. Also if the stock s4 clutch will work( for throw out bearing depth and output shaft splines(will they line up)?. ALso a little worried about the exhaust manifold clearance with the firewall. The drive by wire accelerator pedal wiring is it on the interior harness or engine harness. or any othe r info you may think i need.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default hmm.. could be interesting

Originally Posted by mumbles2.7t
Looking to pick some peoples brains, to try and help me in my swap i am about to start. I have a 1995 90 quattro sport and also I have a 2001 s4 2.7t manual motor. And I am looking to see if i can bypass the pas key security if i use the stockl ecu and how to. Also if the stock s4 clutch will work( for throw out bearing depth and output shaft splines(will they line up)?. ALso a little worried about the exhaust manifold clearance with the firewall. The drive by wire accelerator pedal wiring is it on the interior harness or engine harness. or any othe r info you may think i need.
Alright now... we used to do this with 240z's, strip and sell parts off of 280'z for the motor and trans, sell the rest. Put the bigger motor and btr trans in the 240 and ya got a nice and light car with a fairly fast motor, definitely more hp. duh.

As for the dbw, I would think it has to be on both.. meaning spliced in, to come out the other side. for the other stuff, I dont know, but all I can suggest would be to mock everything up and see how the triangle fits in the circle hole.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I will try to help with the ECU. B5 S4 sold in US had no immobilizer so the ECU doesn't have any security built into it.

If you have euro model with immobilizer, just flash it with US S4 code and it will kill the immobilizer.

Cheers.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thanks for your help chris
Old 05-08-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thejulex
I will try to help with the ECU. B5 S4 sold in US had no immobilizer so the ECU doesn't have any security built into it.

If you have euro model with immobilizer, just flash it with US S4 code and it will kill the immobilizer.

Cheers.
Do you of any other Audi models with immobilizer codes that could be bypassed with this same technique?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

My buddy has a 6 speed b5 s4 transmission in a 1993 s6 which is a inline 5 turbo.not sure if the 90 quattro trans will bolt up to the 2.7T sorry.As far as the DBW i'd say look at some european engine codes and try using a dbc tb gotta be one out there that was used in europe that might be compatible.Thats what I would do with that.Otherwise You need the gas pedal from the 2.7t in order to be able to acutate the tb on the engine and adapt it probperly.Personally this swap into that car is too much work.Theres plenty of I-5 turbo making 600bhp plus all over europe.Id would just build a I-5 turbo easier overall just my opinion.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default man this'll be awesome..

I totally wanna see pics as the project goes. As for the 95 90 quattro, I've got no idea what it looks like under the hood, but pics would help me help you figure some of it out. lol

As for the ECU.. I think I just may have the solution.. This nice gentleman by the name of NefMoto, gave me his website on one of the threads here, about which tune is best for your buck, I believe. Scratch that.. it's under "video- vast performance launch control"... the thread of on the second page currently. you'll see his post there. But you already have his site.

His site is, Nefmoto.com It's allllll about tuning the ME7 ECU yourself. User friendly and totally worth it. Makes me plan for a second Ecu just to fiddle with. I'm sure with his software he's created, and his input, he'll be able to help ya get past the pas key situation. He has all kinds of knowledge on that subject. I'm still learning about it myself, and loving every minute of the reading. hahaha Go check it out. Hope you find your answer there.

Chris

Last edited by Chris's S4; 05-08-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chris's S4
I totally wanna see pics as the project goes. As for the 95 90 quattro, I've got no idea what it looks like under the hood, but pics would help me help you figure some of it out. lol

As for the ECU.. I think I just may have the solution.. This nice gentleman by the name of NefMoto, gave me his website on one of the threads here, about which tune is best for your buck, I believe.

His site is, Nefmoto.com It's allllll about tuning the ME7 ECU yourself. User friendly and totally worth it. Makes me plan for a second Ecu just to fiddle with. I'm sure with his software he's created, and his input, he'll be able to help ya get past the pas key situation. He has all kinds of knowledge on that subject. I'm still learning about it myself, and loving every minute of the reading. hahaha Go check it out. Hope you find your answer there.

Chris
If immobilizer is your worst issue.Its not that bad.If you have the ecu.open ecu located the eeprom which stores the immo hook up to the eeprom using a eeprom reader and programmer and read out the bin file edit the fille accordingly to kill the immo and flash back to eeprom and your done.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by EuroXS4
If immobilizer is your worst issue.Its not that bad.If you have the ecu.open ecu located the eeprom which stores the immo hook up to the eeprom using a eeprom reader and programmer and read out the bin file edit the fille accordingly to kill the immo and flash back to eeprom and your done.
That's correct!... see how simple that was.... hahahahhah

Thanks EuroXS4,
Chris

I also heard you could reflash it with usa file and that'll kill the immo. Same thing right?
Old 05-08-2011, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chris's S4
That's correct!... see how simple that was.... hahahahhah

Thanks EuroXS4,
Chris

I also heard you could reflash it with usa file and that'll kill the immo. Same thing right?
well the immo chip is the only one that needs to be flashed.But I would assume that it could also be accomplished by flashing a usa file to the ecu as long as it share the same eeprom as the us conter part.Its different than flashing your ecu with a different ecu file like apr or giac or epl,eurodyne,wett,unitronic,asp and so on.

Also is europe early s4 ecu had a 512kb memory capacity on the eeprom that runs the program for the ecu. and iirc all s4 in us use a 1024kb eeprom to run the ecu.

Last edited by EuroXS4; 05-08-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.7 b4 swap