S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

2002 Audi S4 Slave Cylinder Won't Cooperate

Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Audi S4 Slave Cylinder Won't Cooperate

So I have a 2002 audi S4, that recently needed a new slave cylinder.

I did some research on the process of replacing it, and made sure to find any tricks to help me along the way. I successfully completed the project in a weekend (or so i thought) and took the car for a test drive. Everything seemed fine at the time, so i proceeded to keep driving it as my daily driver as i had before.

About a week and a half later i was driving, and the pedal began to lack pressure, and eventually would just flop to the floor. I got the car home thankfully, and started to asses the situation, only to find out the slave cylinder was leaking at the connection where the hard line from the reservoir enters the slave cylinder.

I assumed it was a faulty slave cylinder so i returned it and got another one free of charge thankfully.

After another weekend project, i had my car back on the road. Although just as it happened before, a week and half later the pedal is flopping to the floor, and i'm leaking fluid.

I'm not entirely sure what i'm doing wrong since it will work for a week and then begin to leak. I don't know how else to connect the hard line to the slave cylinder either since its one connection with a clip.

All that being said, i could definitely use some help or wisdom from anyone who has had a similar problem, or could give me some direction on what i may be doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!