S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

40psi FTW . WMS GT power'd S4 1.88 FATS !

Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ricestang
Nice job mike. I moved to Norcal and QW. Couldn't handle the new format. I don't really trust too many shops so I think I will be working on my own car now unless I wanna do something major then it's only a 5hr drive. Now take that thing to Irwindale.
Whats wrong with you ? you leave SoCal for NorCal ? heheh jk hope all is well Alex.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by S4_Aviator :: WMS
Damn bro!!! Thats INSANE!!! 1+ G's of forward accel? WOW!! Haha, I'll take you on when I get back! lol j/k.. You need to post some videos!!!
Take care man!

-Steve
I will as soon as the boys come down again : )) You excited ? your car is going to rock !
Old 04-29-2009, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow. That is ridiculous. What is the power to the wheels? And how to you keep everything from blowing apart at those pressures?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jibberjive
You're telling me the CR is stock?! Also, are you speaking in behalf of WMS (just curious cause I don't know who you are)?
So because you don't know me, doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about?

I simply stated they're running race gas @ that pressure. CR usually isn't the limiting factor when it comes to the knock threshold of a motor.

Especially if you are using the right fuel (which obviously they are).
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sascha
So because you don't know me, doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about?

I simply stated they're running race gas @ that pressure. CR usually isn't the limiting factor when it comes to the knock threshold of a motor.

Especially if you are using the right fuel (which obviously they are).
Easy with reading into it there buddy. It was an honest inquiry. I thought maybe you worked for the WMS and were implying that the CR is stock. I don't know who you are, and I don't know all the employees at WMS (in fact I only know about Mike), so I was asking for clarification.

PS, CR does greatly affect knock.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SIMPPLY @ WMS
easy there... He stated race fuel and he is right. We always post info on our builds, just simply STFA.

As for detailed info .... I'm not ready to share : )
Those ?! imply surprise because I thought maybe he had insider info and was saying the car was running stock CR. Which surprise would be well justified at that power, boost, timing level that I'm sure you're running.

And did you just tell me to STFA for a one sentence spec of your build lol Are you on stock pistons, or is that part of the not yet released info (not saying with a smart alec connotation)?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahaha, don't know why anyone is taking that as an attack. I think this is the only info he has released:

"We thank ASP for their hard work and their friendship and support on this project.

We are using their base GT kit that is avail for $10.900 and our built engine for this project.
We are using 2.7 heads and all S4 plumming that has been ported by us from intake manifold to throttle body.
The short block was completed with rods and pistions to our spec,balanced/blue printed.
The cool charge comes from ER intercoolers with CF shrouds and Vast WMI kit. In the next few weeks we'll tune for WMI and more fine tuning for better results."

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...&highlight=wms

Haha, lots of people on the definsive over a "guess" of race fuel. (educated guess is still a guess) Not to be a Negative Nancy but some times we all just gotta chill out.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jibberjive
PS, CR does greatly affect knock.
No it doesn't. If you're knock limited @ your current CR, that means you're not running the right fuel for the amount of boost you want to run.

There is a difference.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

fats are cool and all, but lets see what it does at a track.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

nice work! what is the plan to avoid high temps on large runs such as tracks??
put some videos please!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 40psi FTW . WMS GT power'd S4 1.88 FATS !