S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Anyone thinking of changing trim bits to carbon fiber?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-1999, 09:40 AM
mpm

Anyone thinking of changing trim bits to carbon fiber?
Old 08-27-1999, 10:16 AM
CraigL

Default Yes absolutely!

Unfortunatly, I'm having a really hard time finding somewhere that will sell the OEM carbon-fiber pieces. Do you know of anywhere that can get them?

-Craig
'96 A4 2.8ms
'00 S4 (at the port!)
Old 08-27-1999, 10:23 AM
Scott W

Default Carbon Fibre was no cost option on European S4's (I have UK & German brochures)...

perhaps one of our EC friends could give more insight as to purchasing the pieces through a dealer.
Old 08-27-1999, 10:25 AM
CraigL

Default Re: Carbon Fibre was no cost option on European S4's (I have UK & German brochures)...

None of the US dealers I've spoken with are allowed to bring any Euro-spec parts into the country.

I've spoken to a number of people who want the carbon-fiber interior -- hopefully someone reading this board knows of somewhere that will sell the OEM parts.

-Craig
'96 A4 2.8ms
'00 S4 (anyone got any carbon-fibre trim to spare?)
Old 08-27-1999, 10:33 AM
Scott W

Default Order it & bring it in yourself. You can contact Euro dealers directly if you'd like...

maybe someone could start you off w/a cost estimate & a dealer recommendation.
Old 08-27-1999, 10:34 AM
mpm

Default A while ago there was a post w/ pics, but it was really shinney. The AutoWeek...

article eluded to carbon fiber in their Euro version, so maybe our friends accross the pond can lend a hand. I don't know if you ever saw an older S4/6, but the carbon fiber gives it a real tutonic touch. Audi dropped the carbon fiber for wood, due in part, to US customer requests!

Gotta' believe it would be a pretty easy install...

MPM
'87 1/2 coupe GT ...do I really have to part with her? Big sob 8^[
'87 911 cab ...truth in advertising
'00 S4...told it was built this week, getting to the point where I can't think of much else
'97 Passat GLX wagon...hmmm, could there be an RS4 in my wifes future?
Old 08-27-1999, 10:36 AM
CraigL

Default Re: Order it & bring it in yourself. You can contact Euro dealers directly if you'd like...

That'd be great, actually. I agree with mpm, it's gotta be a fairly easy install. It's just a matter of finding a dealership that will be willing to sell the parts and ship 'em over here..

-Craig
'96 A4 12v
'00 S4 (at the port)
Old 08-27-1999, 10:39 AM
CraigL

Default Can someone outside of the USA call their dealership and get a quote for all the carbon-fiber bits?

If someone in the UK or Europe could call their dealership and get some prices on those carbon-fiber bits, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please post any info!

Thanks a lot.

-Craig
'96 A4 12v
'00 S4 (coming soon)
Old 08-27-1999, 11:06 AM
loreon

Default Only if it comes in simulated grey wood grain finish.

Personally, I like the look of wood. Adds to that stealth aura, especially after I debadge the sucker.
Well... perhaps only stealthy in my mind..... ;o)
Old 08-27-1999, 11:39 AM
mpm

Default Ahh, the subtle sarcasm...having any second guesses on that Silver interior yet? Sorry, been...

holding back on that one...

Hey, I need some suggestions for Montreal hotels. We usually stay at the 4 Season's, but they renigged on a deal, so the wife is now pissed.

Not sure how to get you my e-mail without sending it to the world...mpm

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking of changing trim bits to carbon fiber?