S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

B5 RS4 from Holland

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B5 RS4 from Holland

Hello. I'm Jeroen and i'm from holland. After owning a few cars, latest Audi A3 2.0 TDI i was being sold to this brand. Friend of me who imported a german RS4 wanted to sell his car, and i was the one picking it up.

Payed a reasonable price for it, other models where in the market for at least 15.000 to 25.000 euro's. The 15's where models to really stay away from. I'd believed i did a good purchase, but eventually spended over 10k of fixes on the car. Now that i am at such a stage where it's actually running as it should, i'm more and more happy about it every day. There is defenitly NO CAR in the world matching the pleasure you get from a 2001 RS4 B5.

The car is a original RS4 B5 mapped to 420HP. It does approx 440HP since we emtpyd the cats. We're going to install a 4Inch HMS exaust system that should perform also a little better then the stock one. The stock one misses one end-piece as you can see in the above picture.

Most repairs (and expensive ones!) are the following:

- Steering pump
- Timingbelt / chain replacement
- Aircopump / Waterpump bearing replacements
- Various bearings for wheels replacements
- Complete differential replacement (rear)
- Various small fixes within and outside car such as sensors and all
- New tyres

Repairs at engine level are hard because you have to remove the front in order to access anything at all. These where the most intensive tasks so far.

The car itself is just brutal. Lookup reviews, vids, and you'll notice the same. A test drive is just overwhelming. Acceleration is close to 4 to 4.5 seconds to 100kmph and a top of 310kmph (I've peaked on 297kmph GPS). This is a very popular but most expensive car ever owned, buts it worth the pleasure.

The only real place to actually take it for a speed would be germany. Happily i live less then 10km away from german border. Couple of times really pushed it towards 280kmph with no ease. The thing keeps on going

As for mileage, these things tend to run over 450.000km's easily with the proper attention. If you start cutting on repairs that is the moment the car is going to break down for you in the near future. If you ever willing to buy an RS4, and you have the €'s, do! You'll enjoy this monster if well taken care.

Usually, the RS4 wins almost every sprint, even to an RS3 or sportscar in this class. The gear just goes well up giving it just more juice then any other car. Esp the Avant offers enough space, Bose soundset with build in subwoofer, a 6 cd changer and many mods available on for example Ebay.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Forgot to mention, the guy who sold the car to me, spended over a 10k in euro's to fix it up. It's extremely expensive to get it in condition as it is supposed to be, but worth the pleasure.

A few fixes are coming up in a few days, such as replacement of radiator, ABS sensor (left-back) and head gaskets since they tend to 'sweat' and 'pour' oil on the exaust-manifold, which gives a stink while standing still in front of traffic light.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Mate, that looks amazing in black - good choice!. I have an Avus B5 RS4. I've only had it two months but I love it. What a car! Any plans for your car?
Old 05-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Banned

More pics :-) :-) :-)
Old 07-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, bit late on respond

I had some issues with it the other day. I was driving and headed for the pump, filled her up, payed and tried to start her.. Only crank and nothing! It took like an age for services to get there and check out it's problems. It looks like cranksensor is damaged... It cranks, gives spark but no fuel. All was tested such as fueling pump, relais and fuses, nothing wrong with it.

Sice i am decent insured they gave me a Polo as a loan car to get to my meeting the same day, everything went ok. It's still in the garage waiting for parts.

As for pics:

We're working on minor things, fan controller blew up, one of the airco fans did not work, both ordered and waiting for build in. The airco is leaky on one of the refilling connectors, so we need to fix that as well.

I wanted to get it a repaint, a bit lowered and other rims, something like this brutal RS4:

repaint is needed, i might as well throw dark red on that car instead of black. The color is a bit boring to me personally, and red just pops more and more out.