S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

is a b5 worth all the truble.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris's S4
So I'm thinking of doing stock downpipes as piggies. Found some a guy wants to sell to two bills, I figure sweet, gut em and put a new bung on the rears and be all set. Now I wonder are they worth doing that? Being if I go with an aftermarket exhaust later on, something like borla? What do you guys think bout the piggies? Yes slightly OT, just a quick opinion.
the biggest difference i noticed when i did piggies was the sound. the car sounds amazing at around 3500rpm+. it added a bit of top end power. didnt notice much down low. i had a cat back on before i did piggies though. i bet you can get those stock pipes for less than 200

Originally Posted by Gringo185
Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with tuning/chipping. I just wasn't sure if there were any parts require.

While we're at it, what Stages 2 and 3 include?
stg 2 is basically chip and exhaust

stg 3 is considered stg 2 + k04 turbos, fueling and tune
Old 04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

less than 200?... really, where? So this I dont know, the stock exhaust will bolt up to a cat back like a borla perhaps? I know some exhausts have large pipes.... thats why I ask, hence why I havent got the stock pipes yet to gut.

If so, then I'm totally down, also for cheaper... hehehe

Thanks James.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chris's S4
less than 200?... really, where? So this I dont know, the stock exhaust will bolt up to a cat back like a borla perhaps? I know some exhausts have large pipes.... thats why I ask, hence why I havent got the stock pipes yet to gut.

If so, then I'm totally down, also for cheaper... hehehe

Thanks James.
yeah just offer less. stock pipes arent exactly in demand. catback depends. most will bolt up to stock d/ps though
Old 04-21-2011, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jamesdmanley
yeah just offer less. stock pipes arent exactly in demand. catback depends. most will bolt up to stock d/ps though
To this guy I know, or to someone you know? lol seriously this guy I know, truly believes that he's going to get every cent he asks for. He wanted 50 bucks for EACH piece of plastic, where the door lock switch is and handle. Another 50 for the window switch piece. I told him i just wanted to bezel, not the switched.. He whined oh well I gotta sell the whole door panel at 100 bucks. I was dude.. no one knows the car is even here. you've yet to have sold the motor and trans and anything else, since I was last here. but oh well..it doesnt matter to me. Cheaper is better... but he'll be a harda$$ about letting them go cheaper.. I said 100 bucks was the last time he told me, when I first was there... (he actually said 200 lol)... he then told me, no they're 200 thats it. blah... I doubt he'll go for anything cheaper. Man I dont thinkg they'll fit inside my car... eeek. Now that I think of it. hmm..
Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

oh ya his comeback.. was always this, "well the car only had 40k miles on it." everything is great on it.. blah blah blah... when in reality.. the car sits in the junk yard, windows wide open for the rain, truck full of engine parts oil and all... driver seat and all others occupied with car parts and dirt and oil all over, oh plus the fire extingisher that was used inside the car. So ya.. the car isn't all that cracked up to be.

Hence why I always have a hard time understanding his concept of, no 200 sounds good...I want 200. well ok, have a pleasent day without more money in ur pocket today.

haha geez
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

eh id just pull the pipes that are on the car and gut em then. guess it just comes down to whether you can afford to have the car down till you can complete the project
Old 04-22-2011, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

thought about doing that, but I'd rather have two sets of pipe is for what ever reason I dont pass smog in two years, I can throw mine back on and go pass.

Thats the idea of course. Plus if I had the other set, I could do the gutting before taking apart the car, when dp's are ready, rip car apart throw new gutted dp's up there and call it a day. No down time. lol

Do u have a set? I'm still trying to figure out what u meant by offer less.... u mean offer the guy less? I did, maybe I was to low, but they aren't worth much more than a 100 bucks. but then again, he'll prob go for a lil less than 200 if Id tried. I'll go back when I have money. lol I'm broke... and proud of it. hahaha Lovin my APR tune.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm knocking on wood- I bought my 2001.5 in 2004 and had very minor issues with it over the last seven years. I don't drive it like I'm a drag racer, and yet it still needed a clutch at 60K mi. Went with a kevlar to handle the chip.

I really love this car- I've owned several other sports cars and it just seems like the perfect balance (for me).

I really can't see parting with it for anything else except for something that I may be able to afford with a win from the lottery :-)

Sean in DC
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm knocking on wood- I bought my 2001.5 in 2004 and had very minor issues with it over the last seven years. I don't drive it like I'm a drag racer, and yet it still needed a clutch at 60K mi. Went with a kevlar to handle the chip.

I really love this car- I've owned several other sports cars and it just seems like the perfect balance (for me).

I really can't see parting with it for anything else except for something that I may be able to afford with a win from the lottery :-)

Sean in DC
Old 04-24-2011, 12:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DC_//S4
Man 60k? Really!!!... yikes. How were you driving that clutch? I can't see how you would do that, other than maybe not lifting when shifting. Wow. None the less, how's that kevlar clutch treating ya? I'm curious

Same here, the many Z's I've driven, parted, and modified... oh the fun I had during those 3 years.

Sean in DC
I couldn't agree more. Each time I sit inside my S4, I fall in love all over again. If I had the money for any other cars, I'd still keep my B5 S4. Hands down, simply no question about it. It's a jewel to drive and an exhilarating ride altogether.